It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dave Matthews band dumping their dumps into the lake?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Is this true?

The dave matthews band dumped a load of crap into the river as they were driving over a bridge in chicago and it landed on a boat full of tourists?

Talk about Ecoli... I hope they got fined for that..

I'm going to find a link.

Yup, it's true:

cbs2chicago.com...
they are facing a lawsuit too.

Here's a more spunky article:
Article

The city, in its infinite wisdom, has decided to actually warn boaters that the water through which they steer their crafts is filled with potentially harmful pathogens and bacteria; each of those aforementioned drainage pipes will be adorned with a new sign explaining the true content of our "second lakeshore."

[edit on 11-7-2005 by TrueLies]

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
WOW! Does anyone know how much they got fined? and will some people try to sue them for that stupid act?

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   

The Illinois Attorney General's office says they're responsible for dumping up to 800-gallons of raw human waste from a tour bus onto the Kinzie Street Bridge earlier this month.

The nasty mess rained down on passengers aboard a sightseeing boat two weeks ago.

That would have made for a great video, supposing I was standing far enough from the incident not to be hit with the #. Filthy disgusting stuff.

I never have listened to the Dave Mathews Band, not once.

They claim to have donated $100k since the incident, and were fined $10k.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
But, do you believe that claim? They are basically saying that they dumped their waste out like that just to donate money? Pathetic

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Donating $100,000??? To who?

If I got their # on me, they best be forkin over some dough for medical expenses to get checked for ecoli related illness and a new outfit...

I just couldn't imagine # being dumped on me... Especially if I was laughing about something and threw my head back in hysterics and had a mouth full of # suddenly fill my mouth out of nowhere!
Ew!

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
This happened a while ago and was on Chicago based news programs for a while. For whatever reason, it came up at a family party last week. Apparently, my mom and my aunt would just kill themselves right then and there if they had a bunch of drug filled crap landing on em

EDIT: Imagine every time you talk on your cell after that, you have to smell Dave's insides

[edit on 8-25-2005 by junglejake]

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
Apparently, my mom and my aunt would just kill themselves right then and there if they had a bunch of drug filled crap landing on em

EDIT: Imagine every time you talk on your cell after that, you have to smell Dave's insides

Oh that is just so sick... I can't bare to have another visual...

They will never live this one down....

Who's # would you rather have on you, dave matthew's band or Ozzy?

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
Who's # would you rather have on you, dave matthew's band or Ozzy?

I suspect both of them would cause an instant trip on contact

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   

According to the lawsuit, on Aug. 8 a bus leased by the Dave Matthews Band was driving toward a downtown hotel where band members were staying for a performance in Wisconsin. As the bus crossed the grated Kinzie Street bridge, the driver allegedly emptied the contents of the bus' septic tank into the river below, the lawsuit alleged.

From the article and scanning the internet, it looks as though the band told the driver to get rid of the waste and he picked where to dump it and not them...

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I definately agree even one CUP is too much (especially if it landed on me)
but the press did sensationalize it a bit by claiming "up to 800 gal".

I wonder how many people it would take to get 800 gal in a two week period?

top topics

join