It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

other countries gun laws(im on a role today..)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
do countries like south africa turkey jorndan and all those other countries in africa and the middle east have gun laws like perm,its and what not? also wut are some eroupean countries laws? Is it true in china you cdant own a gun unless your a famer and that you can only have a shot gun?

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Apparently, South Africa will issue you with a concealed handgun permit at the airport - such is the outlaw status of that nation following black rule.

Nowhere else really comes close to the US for the ease of firearms purchase and the wide availability of concealed handgun permits.

Here in AZ, I can walk into a gun store with my CHL and Drivers Licence, and I can walk out with an M4orgery or a Glock xx without even having to wait for the background check (the CHL covers me for that).

Now that's cool.

In Northern Ireland you still need a firearms licence to own an air rifle.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Let's see if I'm not mistaken I believe that commercial gun sales are illegal for the most part in South Korea (suprising for a nation thats still at war). And I've heard Japan follows the same suit.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Japan has banned handguns as with the UK, I believe other weapons can still be had.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Yet, all able bodied persons of the militia in Switzerland, are required to have an issued full-auto and ammo in their house...curious why no-one has messed with them in the last 800 years

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Japan and Korea have also outlawed swords since WWII. Japan has banned ALL firearms....which is why gun ranges in Hawaii make big bucks on Japanese tourists that come JUST to shoot.

In most middle east countries, owning/carrying a rifle/pistol is no harder than going to a local police, and filling out an application for an instant permit...seemingly no questions asked.

In Iraq(right now at least) a house is allowed one rifle, and one pistol (any type or action), and ONLY that ammunition for either. There are even provisions for owning an RPG.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
wow,owning a rpg.i cant believe countries like japan havew banned ALL firearms,i mean what bout muskets and air rifles? no swords gimme a break, when was the last time i heard of someone getting hacked up by a sword?HMMMMMMM......MAYBE....O WAIT THIS ONE TIME......I THINK....o yeah i remember NEVER.i think thats going lil to far its part of thier culture.

new topics

top topics

join