It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are the "iraqi militants" fighting for saddam or something far more greater???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
the question is simple:

are the "iraqi militants" fighting for saddam or something far more greater???

through US propaganda, we have been told that these militants are fighting for saddam...

maybe this is not the case...

could the militants be fighting because we invaded their land illegaly and they simply want us out???

think of it this way, a country invades the US, who here would fight for bush!?!?!?

or, would you fight because you do not want a foreign country here???

think about it, we shoot at civillians in iraq, rape women, and who knows what else...

then they fight back...

they are not fighting for saddam...

they are fighting for themselves!!!

like the US did in the war of independence...

am i correct???

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
think of Saddam's Fedayeen. after Saddam was overthrow they just got themselves a new name. and its mostly Sunni so they doin this fear of being marginalized by the Shiites who aint fighting for Saddam.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I think if someone invaded my country I would fight back, brutally. But I dont think I would target everyday working people, ie civilians. Take the fight to the enemy, no one else.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
It's unlikely you would find a single motivator that explains the presence of all the "militants" aka "insurgents" aka "terrorists".

But for those with a sense of nationalism in their set of motivators, who are not driven by mercenary gain or plain bloodymindedness, I think you need to add these to your list of why s**t happens:

* driving out all evil American influence and oppression (with the US serving as a model of the most power hungry and greedy foreign oppression)
* personal and family disenfranchisement
* protecting the culture from cultural imperialism
* protecting Iraq's national resources from what is about to happen in the cynical, corrupt and criminal divvy-up by foreign corporations.

Are these things worth fighting for, with sticks and rocks and knives and guns and explosives? Not my place to say.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Hey Masked Avatar....
You forgot the best one.... all those virgins just waiting for the "martyrs!

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Think of it like this:

If Europe, as a combined force, invaded the US(and succeeded), with ample evidence that Bush was involved in 9/11 and other things.

Would the US citizens allow Europe to come in and take Bush?
Or would they fight for their sovereignty and the removal of any and all European forces from the US?

Not to mention there are douzens and douzens of factions and motives being faught for in Iraq, its not just 1 group of insurgents.

[edit on 11-7-2005 by thematrix]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
thematrix, probably a little bit of both.
if there were undeniable proof (remember how hard that is to get nowadays)
There is in our constitution that calls for americans to rise up against the seated goverment and replace it, if and when it becomes

Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

I started a thread on this
politics.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I think they want their country back.
If they did who will run it again?

Its understandable to retaliate but what do they not understand, if people just want to work and get the country running why stop that. If they are going to blow people up then I would not want these terrorists to run the country.
What are they missing from what they had before, are they missing the opression of Sadam rule or something? If they want stability then work for it, but its obvious they remain ignorant in their out of date traditions.

But the Americans do tend to be trigger happy as Ive seen on TV and shoot people who just look suspicious. You need the full story before you can weigh it all out, its more complicated and all killing should stop, the war is over and everybody should get in gear to rebuild Iraq.
But what if the Americans killed your whole family what would you live for?

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
That would be the day huh, Americans taking our country back and getting rid of the Nazis in charge. I fear that they've done such a good job with brainwashing us, making us lazy in body and mind, distracting us with consumerism with products we don't need, dividing us with nonsense such as race, sex, political party that we don't care about each other, much less about the countries greater good. Americans have watched too many movies, and would probably need a charismatic leader to speak out against the Government and convince people we're being deceived. The sad thing is with the controlled media we have the person would never make it to the airwaves, he would probably be arrested and tried as a terrorist.

A revolution may now be something that only happens in history books and movies.

[edit on 11-7-2005 by NoJustice]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
The Time Lord: as I said, you have to understand very well that there isn't 1 big group of insurgents with a common cause.

The resistance fighters from what I understand setup guerilla type attacks against US targets and military.

The bombings and such are mainly done by extremists and infiltrated terrorists.

The resistance fighters themselves are currently attacking the extremists and terrorists too, because they just want their country back and don't want some outsiders come in making things even worse for them.

There are also fights going on between the several factions in Iraq, Shiites, Kurds and so on.

Lastly, you probably also have some mercs running arround Iraq looting, stealing and plundering whatever historical artifacts they can.

Iraq has a wealth of that and NOW would be the ideal time for mercs to go in and loot the # out of the place.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Like I said you need the whole picture to weigh it all out and there are so many scenarios and situations as just getting the country going its hard work, its anachy with no infrastructure and people are becoming savages.

I agree there is more than on problem in the country. Everybody wants a slice of Iraqi pie but its in pieces so they take what they can from every direction, like a riot that goes on and on. Some are looters, some are fighters, some are law enforcers and some totally extream.

new topics

top topics

join