It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS down grading

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
over the past few weeks i have seen topics pop
with posts ( that arnt even backed up just with pure hatred )

when i joined this place ( this was after reading some of the contents )
i thought it was a good place.

but looking at it now
it makes me sick ( most topics that just aim at demorilizing certain people and countries )

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
they are called trolls, and they are particularly vicious during the summer months...
ignore them, they wont bite...

We flushed a nest of them out a few months ago... and I am sure the mods are keeping their eyes out for the opportunity to stricken the rest from the record soon...

also... new people posting to the boards want to gain points fast, and of course you can gain points by starting threads like
"was jesus a satanist?"
or
"9-11 was done by the AQ terrorists... if not, then prove it!"

I have seen many of the threads like you mention... and I am immune... I just ignore them and let the troll chasers deal with them...

good luck and stick with it...

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
There's little surprise in seeing the many post that reflect negatively on militant Islamic groups given the reputation that they have based on past and recent actions. I see just as many post stating that the US is responsible for all this chaos. Post that claim that the Jews are behind it all. Don't feel like Muslims are being singled out and picked on since that's not the case from my point of view.

If you're feeling stressed from some of the discussion, then take a break for a bit. Go discuss a current movie or talk about how your dog tore up a rug last week. BTS is a fun place to hang out in. You can't go 100% all the time or you'll just get burned out on the more serious topics.

That's just my point of view.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

If you're feeling stressed from some of the discussion, then take a break for a bit. Go discuss a current movie or talk about how your dog tore up a rug last week. BTS is a fun place to hang out in. You can't go 100% all the time or you'll just get burned out on the more serious topics.

You could also put some time into family and friends, exercise some, or make some lasting contribution to humanity or caring for the environment.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I don't think ats is downgrading, I think it is growing and with that comes growing pains. I also think that the rule of 200 posts to get into chat may be driving some folks to post just about anything as well as the urge to gain points to go shopping on ats.

Like with any large site, just weed through the fluff and you will find the meat. Check out all the forums, not just ats and try looking at the catagories versus just hitting new posts and you may be surprised at what you find. Worse case, do what some other posters said and take a break and enjoy life for a bit. Although it is a good website, it is just that.........a website. Good luck.

new topics

top topics

join