It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These guys escaped, how do you liberals feel?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Four "dangerous enemy combatants" have escaped from the main US base in Afghanistan, the US military has said.
A huge manhunt was launched around the Bagram air base north of the capital Kabul, after the men, said to be Arabs, escaped at about 0500 (0030 GMT).

Link

So for you Conservative ideology haters, does this bring you joy that these guys have escaped?

What if they were headed over to your moms house strapped with a bomb, would you still hate the fact that military guys went over there and ended up capturing them?

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Hey, maybe if we weren't in Afghanistan to begin with we wouldn't have to worry about mom getting bombed eh? UNOCAL was lobbying Congress to bomb them long before 9-11 for backing out of the Caspian Sea Pipline Deal, we turned down the Taliban's offers to extradite Osama Bin Laden (we turned down at least five offers of his extradition in fact from various countries), and our own CIA was meeting with Osama in Dubai weeks before 9-11. Causality.
Now call me crazy, but associating a lapse of security in a prison in Afghanistan to a Liberal Agenda is a bit of a stretch to begin with.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
TrueLies: Detaining people that are actualy proven to be terrorists or enemy combatants, noone has a problem with that.(letting them escape on the other hand ...) As long as its done trough legal means.

Talking about the Taliban comming to america and blowing up your nana is truelies indeed, true ignorance infact.

Detaining #loads of people, kidnapping them and putting them in camps all over the world with no trials, no evidence, no lawjer and in several cases, having to release them because there is no evidence and to many people are starting to ask questions why the person was detained in the first place.

As a police officer I can only stand for and support the legal detainment of criminals when there is evidence and a legal proceeding to put them in jail.

"Above the law" and vigelante type bullocks should never happen. There are more then enough laws and facilities around to do it all the legal way. And doing it above the law leaves for way to much critisisme and leaves the entire debacle open for abuse.

And trust me, if it can be abused, it will be abused and camps like gitmo are already being abused to put away people that have commited no worse crime then having an opinion that isn't what the US Govt likes.

Anyways, before you go posting flame attracting troll invoking LeftWing/RightWing type posts again, read this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You can call me left for wanting the law to be abided even by our goverment.
But I won't call you left or right for posting this kind of threads. It has nothing to do with politics or affiliation, its just pure and unadulterated trolling.

[edit on 11-7-2005 by thematrix]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Your post starts out well...news that should be reported, but why do you have to turn it into such crap? Trying to incite an argument are you? looking for more points are you?

Nobody sais that dagnerous people shouldn't be held captive..and if they are dangerous, and lawfully contained, then I'm all for it. The fact that they escaped does not bring me joy, and I hope that they are recaptured.

the illegal detainment of anyone they see fit is a different story.

Why are you looking for an argument?

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
OMG What you wrote makes you sound like an ignorant dolt - are you aware of that?!

Now I'll respond....
Being an "evil librul" (lol) I hope they catch them if they are really members of the Taliban or other such group. I was signing petitions asking our gov to stop the Taliban YEARS before 9/11 for their horrific actions. Not ONE liberal that I know is or EVER was against actions in Afghanistan, because EVERYONE wants OBL caught.....oh,wait...Bush says he's no longer a priority. How do you war-mongers explain THAT to us evil liberals who still want him found and think he still should be the FIRST priority?! We stopped looking for OBL to enter Iraq on LIES, and OBL is now forgotten! So don't start with that BULL, cuz it won't fly with this LIBERAL!

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
Four "dangerous enemy combatants" have escaped from the main US base in Afghanistan, the US military has said.

Uh, the only ideology against the war in afghanistan I'm aware of is the Libertarian Party.

So how does it make YOU feel TrueLies?

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I want Bin Laden
I don't want anybody else
And when I think about terrorism
I touch myself
Ooh, oooh, oooooh, aaaaaah

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
God is on his throne and all is right with the world.

I now know what's been missing at ATS.

Welcome back TL.

So for you Conservative ideology haters, does this bring you joy that these guys have escaped?

While not being a CIH, it would only bring me down if they took my Molsons with them.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
There is nothing I can think to say in order to make this thread even more painfully amusing then it already is. I just had to feel as I was part of it by posting, to feel that I was there.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
You guys have to read my previous post in this thread in light to this being originaly posted on ATS, then moved to BTS for obvious reasons.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
This is not the same lucid TrueLies I remember! I hope it's not one of the evil Afghan enemy combatants who has absconded with her password.

I enjoy TrueLies' ambivalence and recurring ability to argue for and against "both" sides of discussion about the corrupt and incompetent government mismanaged by George W Bush.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
I enjoy TrueLies' ambivalence and recurring ability to argue for and against "both" sides of discussion about the corrupt and incompetent government mismanaged by George W Bush......

... and the Canadian goverment. A true Libertarian.

I missed her.

NO MORE THOUGH. SHE'S BAAACK.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   

What if they were headed over to your moms house strapped with a bomb, would you still hate the fact that military guys went over there and ended up capturing them?

Well we better just hope we didn't make them cry!!! Boy it sure would be a shame if we didn't make them feel right at home in our prisons. Oh, and what if the soldiers were shooting at them while they were trying to escape!? *Gasp!* Maybe someone should do an inside investigation! Maybe while were at it, we should make it easier for them to escape, because that's just not right making them go through all that work. It's just not P.C.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   
What isn't PC is to condone the actions or inactions of the persons in charge who facilitated/enabled/stuffed up to cause the escape.

This isn't Hogan's Heroes, unless you (in twisted fashion) cast the Taliban into the good guy parts and maybe put George W Bush in as Sgt Schultz and Cheney as Colonel Klink.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 01:52 AM
link   
You forgot something.

A huge manhunt was launched around the Bagram air base north of the capital Kabul, after the men, said to be Arabs, escaped at about 0500 (0030 GMT).

Link

There, now its a joke.

new topics

top topics

join