It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mosques and Islamic Center Attacked

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:
dh

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
What Muslims do, Geek, is throw away the lying that's directed against them
Muslims are the Target right now
Its about the creation of a global NWO
And the Muslims are the targets, the supposed perpetrators of terrorism
Soon it will turn on the Caucasian homegrown dissenters and the Indo-Chinese - We'll soon be in the same boat unless we bring the regime down - not violently but through awareness

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
i agree with you dh, muslims ARE indeed targets, and its rather scary. I never , NEVER thought there would come a time when i felt the need to do this, but the other day, i told my two eldest sons to say they were not muslims, if asked by anyone on the streets. Maybe i am being paranoid, and i, myself, dont feel i would ever deny my religion, but they are aged 12 and 14 and i AM scared for them.
I know that the majority of people in this country are educated enough to not blame all muslims, but it doesnt stop the fear. ANd i dont like feeling scared. It really p***es me off. I dont mean i am scared everytime i go out....but that sense of it is there. And with that comes anger...anger at whoever did this abhorrent thing, because all they ever targeted was innocent people....during the attacks themselves, and in the aftermath of it.

I wish i could shout out and deny all the lies. I wish i had the world stage to tell what i know about islam. BUt i dont, dh....i can tell people i know, but who else can i reach. Muslims themselves, ALL of them, need to spread the word of islam like never before. Show people by example that they are not what they are being made out to be.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by geek101
What i CAN Do, however, and i think i do it well, is to teach my children what the TRUE islam is. My children are not going to be filled with the superstitious nonsense which pervades islam as a whole.
They will NOT be intolerant, because the Quran teaches us tolerance. They will not be bothered by rituals, they will only, GOd WIlling, grow up to know that they believe in God, and as long as they do good in life, and follow the Quran (NOT the hadith), and show respect and decency to people in general, then they will have fulfilled their religion and their duty to their fellow humans.

I commend you for doing such a wonderful job with your children. I agree that you have no more power over the extremists who have hijacked your religion than we do over the neo-cons who call themselves Christians while they lie, cheat, steal and kill innocent children and adults, all in the name of freedom and democracy. It's shameful and embarrassing.

---------------------

To those who advocate the destruction of religious sites such as mosques, just know that the only people you'd be hurting are people like geek, here and her 4 children who she is raising in a loving, tolerant home.

The terrorists would laugh in your faces and you'd deserve it.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Geek - I would say this to you... Allah is great. It is those who kill in His name who are small. Your children should be able to be proud of their heritage.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
No one should be in the business of attacking a house of worship. Period.

Whether you like the faith or not.

If someone is a criminal and they happen to be associated with a religious group, justice will seek them out and deal with them.

That's a naive statement since not all justice systems are just.
I believe this is a hate crime... It's not right, but for some reason I don't have a problem with it..

If the mosque is innocent and doesn't spew the rhetoric that islamic extremeists spew then I apologise for my prior comment, it is wrong and I don't agree with it.

However, how do you know who's not spewing it and who is? Surely, they wouldn't tell you (a non muslim) the truth if you asked.

I have mixed feelings about this. Just being honest.

But I do think it's wrong to do that.. But I don't know about doing it to the mosques. They are afterall a breeding ground for extremism which kills innocent people on a global scale. Again.. I don't know.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Benevolent Heretic wrote:

To those who advocate the destruction of religious sites such as mosques, just know that the only people you'd be hurting are people like geek, here and her 4 children who she is raising in a loving, tolerant home

maybe its because these past couple of weeks have been tense, and i have felt alot of hostility coming from people, even here on ATS....but posts like this fill me with such a wonderful sense that humanity is still alive and kicking , and it also fills me with pride that people are sticking together (whatever religion, or non-religion) and denying ignorance.

I honestly feel compelled to say here, that i am so thankful for the people on these boards who have NOT taken the easy way out and felt the need to blame anyone out of anger alone. To do this, seems easy enough, but its actually an extremely commendable characteristic....to be able to see through the rage and the hurt and to retain your humanity throughout.

So i think a round of applause would be in order for you guys (you know who you all are :-))

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Otts....i agree, they should be able to feel proud and they do. But walking home from school with my other 2 younger kids....and seeing..."F*** all muslims", scrawled three times on the bus stop....kinda makes me worried for the older ones.
They know what is in their hearts...thats the important thing, and they know that they are infinitely better than those who commit such atrocities

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Its amazing how people have not answered or commented on Marid Audrans post, seems to me hypocrisy got your tongue.

- I don't see the connection you are trying to make Westy.

I agree with the concept of humanity caring for itself without the artificial barriers of nation and so-called 'race' (which is in fact utterly wrong, there is but one human race).

That being the case one also has to be aware that the whole world does not operate on this ideal and one must be aware that there will be times that attempting to do 'right' can incur a greater 'wrong'.

Come on Westy, you are not a child, surely you know the world is hardly a 'black and white' affair.

It's not a question of hypocrisy, sadly it is all too often simply the reality.

Best outcomes and least harm, you know?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join