It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mosques and Islamic Center Attacked

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
In response to the bombings in London, attacks have taken place in Britain and New Zeland. Right or wrong? Hate crime or terrorism? What are your thoughts?

www.hindu.com...

[edit on 11-7-2005 by flycatch]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Of course this is totally wrong.

These are lone acts of terrorism rooted in 'hate crime' at best or a sad little 'campaign' by the lunatic unsupported fringe extreme right.

It's not really much different when the same kind of vile nutters used to make indescrimate attacks on Irish people in Britain when there were IRA outrages.

Stupid and not really any different to the very attacks on innocents these type imagine they are exacting 'revenge' for.......even in terms of scale I am quite sure these bigoted idiots would if they could.

[edit on 11-7-2005 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I think some Mosque's need to be destroyed, but not all.

Take for instance the Finsbury Park mosque, in which the head cleric al-Masri cried out for Jihad against all Infidels and how about Omar Bakri Mohammed, a Syrian-born cleric who has promoted and praised violence against Israel, America and Britain for years in his London Mosque?

Are any of you surprised that people are acting out against some of the mosque's that have promoted Hatred for years?

Im not saying "burn em all down", but the ones I mentioned above should be burned to the ground and all the followers and their families sent back to their home countries.

Max

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
No one should be in the business of attacking a house of worship. Period.

Whether you like the faith or not.

If someone is a criminal and they happen to be associated with a religious group, justice will seek them out and deal with them.

No person has a right to attack a mosque because they believe radical muslims have wronged them.

1) You aren't the judge, jury and executioner.
2) How can you hold an entire group responsible for the conduct of a small group of extremists.

Trying to do those two items is directly equal to the Ignorance we try to deny.

I hope not to hear about these sorts of incidents. It doesn't fix anything in the world.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
we only attack a mosque if enemies use it for shield or storing weapons like they did in Falluja. in anicase i would not hesitate if i knew there weapons making materials in the mosque.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
At least some people are allowed to build mosques here, imagine if you built a church in Iran, even thinking about it will kill you.

No its not right to attack mosques but its better if people use the word of God of the Bible to point out why Christianity is free from the notion of hatred of non believers and forgives the sins of others. Especially if one is against western values.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
No one should be in the business of attacking a house of worship. Period.

Yeah, sure... what about the Jewish synagogues being defaced or firebombed in Europe and UK for the past few years? I'm sure the faeries did it.

Originally posted by Djarums
No person has a right to attack a mosque because they believe radical muslims have wronged them.

1) You aren't the judge, jury and executioner.
2) How can you hold an entire group responsible for the conduct of a small group of extremists.

Fine but how many Muslims have come forward and say that they may knew this Muslim radical or that Muslim extremist who may know something about London bomb attacks so far? The Muslim communities in UK know many of its own people engaged in some sort of anti-Western efforts and activities in London and elsewhere. You would be surprised how well-connected these Muslim communities in UK are.

This will surprise you: Join the club, attack the West

A mosque is a perfect forum to spread jihad and anti-Western rhetoric among the Muslim community.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
I think some Mosque's need to be destroyed, but not all.

Yeah, that's what the world needs more of.

Here's a novel concept, why don't we just leave them alone, write a check for our oil like everybody else does. We have been screwing around over there since the days of Teddy Rosevelt. Go kicking a bees nest around to get your honey, and eventually you are likely to get stung... those evil freedom hating bees.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy

Yeah, that's what the world needs more of.

Here's a novel concept, why don't we just leave them alone, write a check for our oil like everybody else does. We have been screwing around over there since the days of Teddy Rosevelt. Go kicking a bees nest around to get your honey, and eventually you are likely to get stung... those evil freedom hating bees.

We tried leaving them alone Twitchy and what did it get us?

9/11....almost 3000 dead innocent people.

What Im saying is: If a Muslim Cleric in a Mosque is preaching death and violence to the country that took him in.....than its time to bulldoze the Mosque and send him and his followers packing back to their home countries.

Thats called "common-sense"

Maximu§

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Yeah, sure... what about the Jewish synagogues being defaced or firebombed in Europe and UK for the past few years? I'm sure the faeries did it.

Yes that happened.

It's called barbaric.

Same thing here.

No one should be doing that. It's vulgar. It's a house of worship whether you like the religion or not.

Church, Mosque, Synagogue, whatever. Inexcusable behavior against any of them.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
We tried leaving them alone Twitchy and what did it get us?

9/11....almost 3000 dead innocent people.
Maximu§

In what regard? When? As I said we have been there since Teddy Rosevelt, oddly enough since we discovered their vast oil reserves... When have we ever left them alone Maximus? If you can cite a period in recent history when our foriegn policy has been leaving the middle east alone, I'd love to know about it.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_oleneo

No, they weren't faeries.
They were Jewish.

BBC

Police in Paris have arrested a man in connection with a fire at a Jewish community centre that was initially assumed to be an anti-Semitic attack.

French media report that the suspect is a Jewish man who worked there.

The centre was daubed with swastikas and set alight a week ago, prompting renewed pledges by French authorities to defeat anti-Semitism and racism.

CBS New York
NEW YORK (AP) A woman admitted shortly after her arrest late Monday that she spray-painted swastikas in Jewish neighborhoods in Brooklyn and Queens because she was angry about her Jewish ex-husband's new wife, police said.

The woman, Olga Abramovich, 49, of Brooklyn, was charged with criminal mischief and related crimes, police said.

I've seen quite a few others but I didn't bother saving the links.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Lets stay on subject Twitchy......this is not about US Foreign policy, its about attacks on Mosques and Islamic centers.

Max

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
At least some people are allowed to build mosques here, imagine if you built a church in Iran, even thinking about it will kill you.

There are plenty of churches in Iran and even Synagogues in Tehran.

These idiots that attacked the Mosque and Islamic centre were probably minded to do it anyway, they just needed an excuse. These are probably the same kind of people who were attacking Sikhs on 9/11 because they were wearing turbans.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I agree that some radical Mossques teaching jihad need to be shut down, but that's the job of the government, not vigilante gangs.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I agree that some radical Mossques teaching jihad need to be shut down, but that's the job of the government, not vigilante gangs.

That I agree with 100%.

Max

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
If the Muslim terrorists and insurgents are 'freedom fighters' trying to take back their country by attacking us, then the people attacking Mosques are freedom fighters as well, trying to take back their country from the hordes of Muslims that have literally invaded their country.

You can't have it both ways people. Either both acts are just or niether are. Frankly, I think niether are, but if you are one who supports the ideals of those fighting us in afghanistan or Iraq, then you must support those attacking mosques in Europe.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
If it contains weapons, or the enemy, it isn't a mosque, it's a target.
If it does NOT contain the aforementioned..leave it alone..

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   

You have voted American Mad Man for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

If a particular Masque is preaching Jiahd or violence toward the country they are in then its the governments job to remove and charge the Cleric for inciting hate and violence not shut the mosque down.

[edit on 11-7-2005 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
If the Muslim terrorists and insurgents are 'freedom fighters' trying to take back their country by attacking us, then the people attacking Mosques are freedom fighters as well, trying to take back their country from the hordes of Muslims that have literally invaded their country.

You can't have it both ways people. Either both acts are just or niether are. Frankly, I think niether are, but if you are one who supports the ideals of those fighting us in afghanistan or Iraq, then you must support those attacking mosques in Europe.

You have voted American Mad Man for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month. Cuts right through to the chase!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join