It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**Breaking News** Al-Qaeda Claims Responsibility for Power Outage

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freddie
The power grids are vulnerable. Everyone knows that, including terrorists. I find it kind of ironic that throughout the crisis, no major civil unrest happened in America while "peacefull Canada" had massive lootings in Toronto. I was scared for my friends there and tried to call them.

"massive lootings".
media sucker.
i'm was in t.o.
SARS!!! MAD COW!!! WEST NILE!!! THE ROLLING STONES!!! stay away!!!!!!!!!
all good conspiracy theorists need to do their media homework. who owns it? why is it called the "press"?
i'm gonna give you the last one. because it pressures people into beliefs.
T.O. experienced the most beautiful, tranquil night in memory. it really was beautiful.

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Awfully tough talk on North Korea since the blackout. This seems to me to be the biggest news in international relations since the blackout. If the U.S. has evidence of state-sponsored or guerilla cyberterrorism, wouldn't there be a classical response in the public arean?

Kukla I think you are right on the mark with your analysis. Since this entire blackout started I have also suspected it was due to North Korea. Maybe the "blackout" was NK's hardline to allied negotiators? Perhaps this is what they will discuss at the end of the month. Who's to say, we are never given specifics.

I think that the folks who are in the media should give equal attention to the capabilities of North Korea, as they are doing with Al Qaeda.

The feds knew that it was possible and did nothing to protect the grid. What better way to "modernize" the grid than to begin utilizing alternative energy sources? Interesting how when the markets re-opened many of the alternative energy companies soared.

Coincidentally enough, energy secretary Spencer Abraham was in europe testing biocell cars and distributing radiation detection devices in Rotterdam. On the day of the blackout he was supposedly in London on "work related business". Makes you wonder.

People made money off of this. People made ALOT of money off of it. Perhaps money to modernize the grid?

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Nothing on the websites about this ... yet.

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I provide the following links as a quick crash course in recent NK history and in furthering the discussion towards North Korea.

I don�t know where I was when this came out. Since its been leaked, maybe he�s altered his strategy just a little to include a pre-emptive cyber attack?

�May 14, 2003 PYONGYANG, North Korea -- Crafty communist dictator Kim Jong Il has concocted an audacious plan to conquer the United States of America -- in three phases -- without launching a single nuclear missile.�

www.weeklyworldnews.com...

NK doesn�t like waves in the pool.

�SEOUL, South Korea, Tuesday, Feb. 18 � North Korea's military threatened today to abandon its commitment to the 1953 Korean War armistice if the United States moves to impose penalties like a naval blockade for its suspected nuclear weapons program.

The North's state-run news media has kept the nation near a war hysteria since the nuclear crisis flared up last fall, and it was not clear if the latest statement marked a real change in policy. But the warning came from the nation's all-powerful military, the Korean People's Army.�

www.nytimes.com...

I think there is some evidence of AlQ and NK collaborating in these matters in another thread. Which fits well. It�s in both their interest. AlQ can take the blame and NK and continue firing salvos of attacks without expending any political capital consequently pressuring the US in Iraq.

Anyone else still puzzled by the evidence of scalar weapon usage?

[Edited on 19-8-2003 by kukla]

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 09:09 AM
link   
WAW, you people really do deserve martial law.

[Edited on 19-8-2003 by Freeman]

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 09:18 AM
link   

sir gazrok it seems you've underthought the situation, why wouldn't al-qaeda take resposiblity for this? it could be they are maybe trying to show the usa what they are capable of, kinda like testing your weapons before u use them, which just happens to be what most countries do before using them, and it doesn't kill anyone however still enstills the ideals of fear into the minds of the enemy, also what does the amount of dead mean to anything? do u think the government cares about people dying?? HA! they might actualy try and stop some it then instead of making it lmao

If anything, I've OVERthought it.... I even toyed with the thought that maybe the government would be behind the Al-Queda claim of responsibility, to perpetuate the idea that Al-Queda had gone soft, and was doing more nuisance attacks than terror.

Losing power doesn't put fear into me, it ticks me off...

Our grids have been underdeveloped for ages...this wasn't an attack....

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 02:24 PM
link   

"President Bush is trying to keep the focus on Iraq, but the threat posed by North Korea is even greater," says the hacker, who identified himself only by his first name, Hiroshi, in an exclusive WWN interview.

From the WWN article.. I happen to agree with the hacker's statement. I think that this iraq /middle east scenario is being used as a disraction for the media in order to take away scrutiny of north korea.

In terms of scalar technologies, I suspect that they were involved in the explosion of space shuttle Columbia.

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 02:27 PM
link   
ahh. this is just perfect for the "war againts terror" campaign, use a inconvience as a tool to gain world dominace

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Perhaps a quick way to emphasize the need for solar power, or something else? I don't think it'll last though because if the US lost it's dependency on oil, it would also lose it's interest in Saudi Arabia et al and wouldn't that change things a bit

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I'd say that shutting off the power to the entire northeast for a couple of days is more than an inconvenience. lets think: all major businesses that didn't have their own power generators were dead in the water. Not to mention that --border crossings between canada and the US were without power-- meaning that many unwanted guests could be in the country now. on top of that, there was a concentrated effort by law enforcement and people like that to keep the people calm, so security in other areas was sparse. just think what could be going on within our own borders right now....

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Whispers hinted to it. DR caught it, and MKULTRA is nailing it.

New Money: tech. Tech, the new threat. By the way, the middle east is full of hackers, most Saudi youths hack as a hobby. Not just North Korea, but they are still woth looking at.

Ok, guys. New Milirary we have, tech rules this new army. This new army of ours is becoming increasingly privatized. Civilians taking over former military jobs. This is in part why our military cant restore order in Iraq: they aint even in control, civilians are. Brenner. When we occupied Germany and Japan, we put in place military leaders until later. Now military jobs being replaced by civilians. How much longer before US army is worlds biggest private mercenary force?

Look at the failures of society in the blackouts, because of dependance on tech. ATM, credit cards for finances. Computer controled security in businesses. Street lights soon all controled as well. Power grid heavily reliant on comp controls. Hell, even our cars are relying on them. Computers everywhere. Now, University of San Fran is playing with the idea of comps , biological comps, made from DNA. ( ill find article later for ya, they want to make DNA comps tho, and it mentioned DNA microships injected into humans to cure cancer, disease, blah blah.

Now we have UN boming in Iraq, and Brenner stating that this attack will "galvanize" support for the coalition. Bush playing golf in Texas when bombing happened.

How does this all tie in with blackouts? POWER struggle of some sort. Tech. I dont have time to explain right now, got other stuff gotta take care of first, but Ill tell ya later.

But its happening. The blackout could have been a cloak of shadows thrown over the US security net, weapons, people smuggled over the borders while we were blinded. Another attack soon? By who? Is the old money really starting to lose control, the new money gaining ground? Could this blackout be from the new money showing old money who really holds the cards?

This is getting more and more insane.

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Fox news did have a news banner across the screen, saying Al-Qaeda takes responsibility for the blackout.

Radar was done in several areas, they could have slipped anything they wanted in. I wouldn't doubt if they didn't use that opportunity for something. If they did it, they sure went through alot of trouble to do.... nothing.

Also it has been reported that if the nuclear power stations, did not shut done they would have fried. Maybe this is what they wanted and it was only a trial run.

Al-Qaeda has threatened to destroy America. Their threats could mean just about anything from the economy to the land to the people, to OUR government leaders.

What they say should be taken seriously. They are evil and sick. YET, they say the same thing about US.

I wonder what they did? I'm sure we will find out.

One more thing the military jets are once again patroling the skies over Niagara Falls and the border. It was stopped months ago but now they are back up there.

When the power went out here the Niagara Falls Air Force base lost power....

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I have a sneaking suspicion that AL Q is a very convenient distraction that is being allowed to happen in order for some to get some kind of agenda rolling,there is just too much out there to see what it is that is really going on,information overload.

IMO NK is a much bigger threat,and now there are mass grave rumours in Iraq,mass graves full of US troops.I heard something to this effect months ago,and it is coming up again.

Things are worse than they appear.
I hope that I am wrong.
Too much going on to spot anything specific.

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I dont know if Id go far enough to believe the al-queda really were responsible. Number one is that they would pretty much claim responsibility for anything. Number two I dont think they would even have the resources to pull this one off. And on another board on this site someone did some research and listed actual al-queda accounts and they were all quite small attacks, the 9-11 attack looked so out of place compared to the rest. I just personally dont think they are the responsible party, of course Bush JR will probably be happy to blame them.

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 04:41 PM
link   
That whole thing has been so trumped up,a bunch of people sneak past some half asleep screeners with plastic knives and box cutters at the airport and hijack some planes,we learned our lesson,but who really did it,the only precision involved was the airline's schedule,the rest is no biggie,no one was watching.

No one really is now either.

Something else will be allowed to happen again.

I agree that there is always the possibility that Al-Q may not be responsible,only because the investigations into the WTC have all been basically blocked.

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 07:04 PM
link   
"Al q.

I have a sneaking suspicion that AL Q is a very convenient distraction that is being allowed to happen in order for some to get some kind of agenda rolling,there is just too much out there to see what it is that is really going on,information overload. "

There is a possibility that this shadowy organisation is being used as a scapegoat for others with nefarious ambitions.

As was said, best to take this with a grain of salt til we have more information.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join