It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Plan to Pull Troops Out of Iraq in 9 Months (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
A top secret memo leaked yesterday states that British and American forces will be cut to 66,000 in early 2006. This would mean that nearly 100,000 coalition troops will disengage from Iraq. John Reid, Defense Secretary to Tony Blair, did not deny the authenticity of these documents.

www.csmonitor.com
A secret leaked memo written form British Prime Minister Tony Blair by his Defense Secretary John Reid says that British and US troops have drawn up plans to withdraw the majority of their troops by the middle of next year.

The memo, first reported on by the Mail on Sunday, is marked 'Secret — UK Eyes Only,' and says "emerging US plans assume that 14 out of 18 provinces could be handed over to Iraqi control by early 2006." This would allow a reduction in overall US-led forces in Iraq to 66,000 troops. The troop level in Iraq is currently 160,000, including 138,000 American troops.

The Herald of Scotland reports that Mr. Reid did not deny the authenticity of the memo but said that "no troop decisions" have been made. US officials at the Pentagon said they had not seen the document, so could not comment

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Now the question that is problem ringing in everyones head: 'Is this a direct response to the London bombing attacks?'

Could it be that the UK as well as the US is giving way to terrorist demands? Or maybe the realization that the war on Iraq has leveled itself to the point of stagnation.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Now the question that is problem ringing in everyones head: 'Is this a direct response to the London bombing attacks?'

I dont think so, altough I'm sure Tony Blair wouldn't mind getting out
as soon as he can. I dont think he really ever wanted to go in the first
place but he was under enormous pressure from US. He did it to prove
that he is an unwaivering supporter of America..(good)

Or maybe the realization that the war on Iraq has leveled itself to the point of stagnation.

Here I think you hit it on the head. I dont think that we were really
prepared for the insurgency. and the cost of maintaining the war is
starting to get out of hand. Reqruiting is down and moral is being affected.
I was for the war and I still am but we can't stay there forever. I think/hope
that having less American soldiers will mean less violence aimed at those
soldiers. I suspect that the reports in the article are plans that had
already been made rather than a responce to the London bombs.

Here is another related article on Italian withdrawal

www.ktre.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I think they will pull them out , only to be used in a new war thats been planned for some time. I hope I'm wrong , but my gut feeling is that another Country is going to get shock and awe.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Do you mean the neighbor?

Or possible South Korea?

Originally posted by Bulldog 52
I think they will pull them out , only to be used in a new war thats been planned for some time. I hope I'm wrong , but my gut feeling is that another Country is going to get shock and awe.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I think Iran will be next to get the bombs, N.Korea frightens Americans because the leader is mentally unstable. Looks like attacking Iran has been put on hold for 12 months.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
That is my feeling as well. I do not think Nort Korea for two reasons:

1)they really have WMD
2)there is nothing of interest in North Korea

Thus, my guess is Iran and that will be the most terrible mistake. Another war will lead US to bankrupcy. At the moment US current account deficit is more than 6% of GDP (a country is considered in a liquid position with up to 3%) and is a net debtor of more than 2 trillion USD. Imagine the results of another war on a stagnating market (despite the oil?) If that happens, we have to start speculating who benefits from (hyper)inflation.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Well all i can say is if Iran is attacked it will be because something terrible happened in the USA , like a Nuclear device going off. Be prepared for the Neocons to do this to you so they can justify there need to attack another Country.

new topics

top topics

join