It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hate gays!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
It was something I couldn't resist from. I do hate them and it makes me angry that liberals want to try and pass laws stating that I can't say I hate gays. What's the big deal? I hate gays.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
This is nothing more than a hateful thread that I can only hope will be closed and deleted by the mod's in a timely fashion. If you would prefer to rephase your post to discuss freedom of speech issues which appears to be your point than perhaps you should. I hope you never have to run into anyone in life that is a intolerant as yourself.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Oh, I am not intolerant, I am only blunt in my delivery. Hating cannot be classified necessarily as bad, and neither can free speach. But why would a large group of individuals, Democrats, claiming to be more tolerant than thou, want to strip me from my beliefs and my freedom to express those beliefs?
Contradiction is the word people use to describe this. I believe I should have said that earlier.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I'd like to see the proposed laws by Democrats making it illegal for you to say you hate gays.

That would be very informative. (on several counts).

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Why in the hell does this thread continue to exist?

I notice this is in the politics section...is this a new RW talking point?

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
They are called 'hate laws' or 'anti-hate laws'. You can google it if you'd like.
The thread continues to exist because some of us here would rather act our age than avoid the conflict.

www.religioustolerance.org...

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty
They are called 'hate laws' or 'anti-hate laws'. You can google it if you'd like.

That's not what you said. Those are actual CRIMES. Like murder. Even the site you linked to has the actual information once you wade past the disinfo....

Official definitions of hate crimes:
Typical hate crime laws criminalize the use of force, or the threat of force, against a person because they are a member of a specific, protected group. 2

Four definitions of the term "hate crime" are:

Hate Crimes Statistics Act (1990): "crimes that manifest evidence of prejudice based on race, religion, sexual orientation, or ethnicity, including where appropriate the crimes of murder, non-negligent manslaughter, forcible rape, aggravated assault, simple assault, intimidation, arson, and destruction, damage or vandalism of property." ( Public Law 101-275)

Bureau of Justice Administration (BJA; 1997): "hate crimes--or bias-motivated crimes--are defined as offenses motivated by hatred against a victim based on his or her race, religion, sexual orientation, ethnicity, or national origin."

Anti-Defamation League (ADL): A hate crime is "any crime committed because of the victim’s actual or perceived race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, disability, gender [male or female] or sexual orientation." 3

National Education Association (NEA): "Hate crimes and violent acts are defined as offenses motivated by hatred against a victim based on his or her beliefs or mental or physical characteristics, including race, ethnicity, and sexual orientation." 4

Nobody, Democrat or otherwise, is trying to make it illegal for you to say you hate gays. Have a blast. It's good to know where the gene pool is most shallow. Unless of course you do so while dragging them behind your truck or chasing them with a knife (which is illegal anyway).

You don't have to like hate crime legislation, but don't insult our intelligence with your disinfo. The liberals are the civil libertarians in this country. Not the ban everything moral authoritarians.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Well since we are being honest, most liberals are already aware of how many people like yourself hate gays and we know that's why most of you demand that they not be able to marry.

We know you don't really believe that religious drivel that you spew out to defend the obvious bigotry.

[edit on 7/11/2005 by Lecky]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
They are already crimes, that's my point RANT. These new attachments state that because they are gay or black, it is an extra crime? This is sketchy legislation in which an attached section is capable of becoming a whole new ordeal. This legislation means it is now a crime to hate gays, not commit murder. It has been a crime since the times of Hamarabi!

I hate gays, but I don't mind if they get married. Playing the tax evasion game is what it's all about, baby! I hate gays the way I hate Diet Coke or any diet drink in that matter. I am not going saying you can't drink diet coke, I am saying I hate it, plain and simple. I mean, some people think cucumbers taste better than pickles.

[edit on 11-7-2005 by Frosty]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty
This legislation means it is now a crime to hate gays

Again, it is NOT a crime to hate gays. What logic are you using to get to that conclusion?
You can hate gays as much as you want, but don't expect many people in 21st century to agree with you.

It is a crime to act upon that hatred and physicaly harm another human being.

Oh, I also have a question: why do you HATE gays?
I mean, how do they affect your day by day activities directly? It must be something big for you to HATE them.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Public displays of self loathing Rox!!! I just thank our various state management teams for providing highway Rest Stop Restrooms so that the 'release' can be provided for individuals like these.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
While I don't necessarily agree with the underlying tone of the thread, I do share the same question. Why is it an "extra" crime because of someone's gender, race, sexual orientation, etc.?

I mean, if a straight white guy beats the crap out of me, is it less of a crime because I'm not gay or black and neither are they? Man, that's comforting. You have to be a minority in order to be officially "hated"? I'm sure I can find lots of people who hate me for who I am, and it has nothing to do with any physical or sexual differences.

On the flip side of it, let's say someone pisses me off really bad, I lose it and beat the hell out of them. It turns out they're homosexual. Now I get punished even more because it's a "hate crime," regardless of whether I hate homosexuals or not. I mean, in court I'd be pretty hard pressed to prove it was just because the guy was a moron and nothing regarding his orientation crossed my mind.

Technically speaking, any violent or abusive crime can be construed as a "hate" crime looking at the definition of the word. Why are you going to beat the crap out of someone you like? And the domestic violence excuse "I only beat you cuz I love you" doesn't count here. I mean, has anyone ever taken a swing at someone else because you were just so fond of that person?

I dunno...being the "majority" puts me in an awkward spot here because I know it's very easy to take anything said to the contrary of the politically-correct ideal and call me a bigot. That said though, it seems that by creating a new class of crime for anti-minority actions is putting those minorities on a pedastal above the equality they've (rightly) sought for so long. When did "equal" become "treated better than those who treated me like crap"?

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Yes, it is a crime to hate gays and blacks now. It was already a crime to murder an individual, and as stated it has been that way since Hammurabi in the second millenia BC! If you legislate that slapping someone because they are gay is now a crime, it would be the equivilant of convicting a thief of both robbery and wanting money. Now, motivation for a crime is a crime in itself. Get arrested and convicted of possesing cannabis then you get charged with wanting to get high? WTF!?!?!

Lecky
We know you don't really believe that religious drivel that you spew out to defend the obvious bigotry.

Get your facts straight, I never said anything religious in my original or any post. You have been blinded by the leftwing media to believe this, that all people who hate gays hate them for religous purpose. Wonder why...

[edit on 12-7-2005 by Frosty]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
LOL!
Rant, are you feeling ok? The Liberals are the "civil libertarians" of this country? They don't wish to ban everything moral?

Uh, yes, they do want to ban everything moral, and they wish to protect everything immoral until they can get morality swept away. This is clearly the case, and to deny it makes no sense to me! Who else wants tax-payer money to perform abortions on demand, wants homosexuality to be held up as some glorious special minority, and at the same time, attempts to remove God from everything, thereby violating the very first amendment?

Please, this thread was confusing enough from the very title. He said he hates gays, and I came in here ready to find out why he hates me. Turns out, he isn't talking about people who are full of joy, but is talking about people who practice an abomination!

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip

Again, it is NOT a crime to hate gays. What logic are you using to get to that conclusion?
You can hate gays as much as you want, but don't expect many people in 21st century to agree with you.

It is a crime to act upon that hatred and physicaly harm another human being.

Oh, I also have a question: why do you HATE gays?
I mean, how do they affect your day by day activities directly? It must be something big for you to HATE them.

Allow me to clarify something. It is ok to hate and loathe the sin, but what purpose is served by hating a fellow human that is just as stupid as the next? I know, not pertinent to the topic, but I wished to say that.

Back on topic:
You are right; it si illegal to wrongfully kill another human. This being the case, why is the life of one who is practicing a deviant lifstyle more valuable than, say, a child who is sodomized and killed by one who is following that deviant lifestyle? Or, someone who is simply murdered for their wallet?

What? You killed a homo? You don't like homos? You must've done it out of hate for the lifestyle, therefore you'll get an even harsher punishment than had you killed a staright guy!

Yeah, you'd better not hate the deviant; they are protected!

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
So you hate gays. Feel better now that you have told the world? Enjoy spreading your hate to others? Like to publically defame people? I think your answer would be yes to all of the above.

Mods, here is yet another vote to close this thread.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Uh, Kid, I don't think he meant forthat to be taken as seriously as some of you are. He was trying to make a dramatic point. It seems the point has been lost in the wording.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Allow me to clarify something. It is ok to hate and loathe the sin, but what purpose is served by hating a fellow human that is just as stupid as the next? I know, not pertinent to the topic, but I wished to say that.

Thomas Crowne, I am not quite sure what you are trying to say. Blame it on english being my third language...

You can hate pretty much anyone you want to hate and you can even say it. But acting on that hatred by harming someone IS a crime.

I don't think that hate crimes are about comparing values of human life.

How they came to be is that members of majority, in this case stupid white heterosexual males, have discriminated, and still do, against gays simply because these people are gay, nothing else.
It can be verbal abuse, which is still allowed, saying that you hate gays WILL NOT get you in jail. It can be getting fired from your job even though you do briliant work. But it can also lead to more, like violence or even murder. It is murder motivated by the hatred of what these people are in nature,
killing someone because they are gay( or black, jewish, muslim ) and no other reason whatsoever.
THAT is why these laws exist. It adds an aspect to the crime; murder itself is horrid, commiting it just because you disagree with someone's lifestyle or what they are by nature, what is in their genes, is even worse.
You can hate anyone you want, no law states that you can't hate or can't say you hate. But commiting crime based on hatred of someone's very nature is something else.

Also, comparing child abuse with homosexuality is a bit wrong, since most children are molested by very much heterosexual parents, neighbours and priests.
People get more jail time for dealing marijuana then for abusing children. That is messed up.
Personaly if it were up to me, I would sentence to death all child abusers. The laws we have now let them walk away after a few years in jail.
All those fighting for the rights of minorities have yet to put up some serious fight to protect the only minority absolutely defensless in case of attack: the children.

@Frosty: you still haven't answered my question, why do you hate gays?

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Uh, yes, they do want to ban everything moral, and they wish to protect everything immoral until they can get morality swept away. This is clearly the case, and to deny it makes no sense to me! Who else wants tax-payer money to perform abortions on demand, wants homosexuality to be held up as some glorious special minority, and at the same time, attempts to remove God from everything, thereby violating the very first amendment?

That was a ridiculous and somewhat humorous statement TC, please state where liberals are trying to ban everything moral and wishing to protect the "immoral". No offense, but you come off as sounding severely paranoid, not to mention WRONG.

Turns out, he isn't talking about people who are full of joy, but is talking about people who practice an abomination!

So that makes it better? The United States is not a theocracy and good number of people do not consider homosexuality to be an "abomination". You have every right to judge people however you see fit but do you really think it's effective to spread vile hatred in order to express a point?

I can't believe you are sticking up for that guy, wait no ...actually I can. I believe you are the one letting "immorality" spread in this case sir.

[edit on 7/12/2005 by Lecky]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
LOL!
Rant, are you feeling ok? The Liberals are the "civil libertarians" of this country?

Yup. What I said. Remember this thread (you liberal you
). The "libertarian versus authoritarian" scale overlaps the modern "liberal versus conservative" continuum. Modern liberals are much more like classic conservatives, and modern conservatives (neocons) are now more like the classic liberals. Which is why I prefer to talk in concrete terms of civil libertarians (small "l") and authoritarians on issues like these. The "social" laws.

They don't wish to ban everything moral?

Not at all. Civil libertarians just don't seek to legislate morality (and make you pay for it). That's what moral authoritarians do. Which I called the "ban everything" moral authoritarians as a descriptor.

Originally posted by RANT
The liberals are the civil libertarians in this country. Not the ban everything moral authoritarians.

Historically, moral prohibitionists have come in all flavors. There were times when it was clearly the "liberals" trying to ban alcohol, pass blue laws until they were blue in the face, and shove Christian ethics down the throats of capitalists (as in child labor and minimum wage laws). It's now effectively reversed however on the social spectrum as all those authoritarian "good for you" liberal ideals (for the most part) have been either done away with or universally adopted. Like giving women the vote for example.

What civil libertarians do (such as the ACLU aka "liberals") is advance personal freedoms. And I can assure everyone in this thread that would anyone ever try to make it illegal to "hate gays," the civil libertarians in this country would be all over it defending your right to do so, just as a bunch of "gay, jewish, anti-Christian lawyers" at the ACLU defend the Klan's right to hate them, or Rush Limbaugh's right to medical privacy, or would defend the right's of groups like this.

And it's not the "liberals" making gays special either. It's the people that use words like "abomination" and try to legislate what you can and can't put up your ass. Like I said, it's fine to hate "hate crime" legislation, but the best argument for it continues to be those opposed to it.

When it stops pissing certain people off so much, it'll have outlived it's usefulness. So sorry. No. You can say "God Hates Fags (and I do too)" thanks to civil libertarian (aka liberal) ideals and protection, but you can't say "Kill Gay People!!!" or indicate you're killing them because of your bigotry as you kill them or minority protections and "Hate Crime" status kick in.

Meaning that if you were to kill a gay guy MCory1 having nothing to do with him being gay, that's NOT a hate crime. It's very hard to prove hate crimes. They are almost never prosecuted. It's literally supposed to be a "message" or feel good legislation for the most part. It's just so funny, it pisses so many people off. Unless you plan on blowing up gay night clubs, it shouldn't bother you. And if you do plan on blowing up gay night clubs, you should be under a jail. So I really don't care what psychotics think about hate crime legislation or anything else.

Only criminals need to worry about hate crime legislation. And that suits me just fine.

If "conservatives" would get their act together, they'd pass some hate crime legislation to protect "Christianity" if they really feel like people are killing Christians in the streets as they leave Christian bars because of their ideology and lifestyle. But no, they just complain and defend the criminals killing gays. What a waste of outrage.

[edit on 12-7-2005 by RANT]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join