It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London bombs of "military origin"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Actually PETN isn't that stable. TNT is more stable than it is. But it's by far one of the most powerful ones out there. Just to scare everyone, I used to work with a guy that worked with the company that developed Explosive Trace Detectors, he took a strip of detcord in his bag to a demo, he drove to, forgot it in his bag, and flew through 8 airports, with the machine alarming on his bag when it was sampled, and not one screener found it in there. He was reorganizing his bag one day, and pulled it out and said "Oh S***!" Not ONE screener found it, or if they did knew what it was. It was about 7 inches long, and if it could have been made to detonate, it could have easily brought a plane down.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
PETN and HNS are used in higher temp applications because they will remain more stable at high temperatures longer than RDX and HMX.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
You can't just run down to the hardware store and get them, but if you know where you look it's not hard to find someone willing to sell them to you if you have enough money.

PETN is stable with higher temps, but less stable to shock effects. You can practically set it on fire and it won't go off, but if you hit it hard enough and under the right conditions you can.

[edit on 11-7-2005 by Zaphod58]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I can't speak for Britain, because I don't know how regulated explosives are there. But in the U.S. - that's not true. These explosives are extremely regulated - to the gram. You have to steal them to get them if you haven't a license to legally obtain them. And that theft would be discovered in "relatively" short order by inventory and accounting to the regulating bodies.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Oh, I doubt you could pull it off easily here in the US, but the US and UK aren't the only places to get them. I'm sure you could go to just about any black market arms dealer and buy them.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I'm sorry! Halt! you are right Zaphod I got my P-explosives switched. PETN is worst at high-temp stability. PYX, HNX and HTX are the stable ones at high-temperature.

Sorry for the confusion.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
We were warned recently about TATP I think it was. That's what Richard Reid was using in his shoes. Not overly stable, but very powerful. Of course the fact that it's been known to blow up the people trying to make a bomb out of it is a SMALL drawback.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I still say it was the gov't who perpetrated the entire thing. As more and more evidence comes to light more and more people will agree with my conclusions. This thread just helps my hypotheses.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
We were warned recently about TATP I think it was. That's what Richard Reid was using in his shoes. Not overly stable, but very powerful. Of course the fact that it's been known to blow up the people trying to make a bomb out of it is a SMALL drawback.

Yeah - but the problem is (maybe the common potential victimized citizen's ADVANTAGE is) that a high explosive, by nature has to be unstable. So maybe they'll keep going for the gusto and blowing themselves up. Maybe we need to create even more powerful more unstable more efficient high explosives! Yeah! That's the ticket!

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Oh, and just to clear up a little confusion, "military origin" doesn't necessarily mean that they were FROM the military. There are several classifications of explosives. Commercial, and Military are two of them. Military origin just means that the explosives came from the military family of high explosives. It doesn't necessarily mean that the military had anything to do with it.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Bombing was carried out by blackops funded by proponents of the transnational war industry. It is time to crank it up a notch and get funding, so fork over the quid before Rove-gate implodes the Neocon agenda.

Notice the G8 at Gleneagles were unscathed, and sheeple riding the tubes are expendable.

Got nukes?

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   
why dont we just nuke afganastan and iraq to save us the trouble of another terrorist atack. it would save everyone time and money

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   
If they nuke the "assumed via mass media says so" culprits and the attacks continue, then the game is up and the ruse is exposed. Meaning sheeple figured out they have been had and the revolts begin. Then you also can bet your sweet ignorant bum that retailation nukes will be forthcoming when the US/UK dusts Asia in radioactive fallout.

Your just going to have to wait until Pakistan/DPRK supplied militants drop an a-bomb on London or NYC before nukes are launched. Then it's toast the whole damn planet time, so have your marshmellows high in the air...cause they will be your last meal.

[edit on 11-7-2005 by Regenmacher]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 12:23 AM
link   
If these explosives should turn out to origin from Transdniestr I won´t be surprised a bit. "Military origin", yeah it makes sense. ATS: Tiraspol - Moldova - Mafia in Uniform

Remember "Operation Mirrorball"?
Find the post "posted on 2005/5/14" down on this page:

WAR: Global Arms - Trafficking Network Designated by US

Evening Standard Censored (Operation Mirrorball)

HOW CAN BRITAIN STILL USE THE MERCHANT OF DEATH?
Today the UK will promise to curb arms traffickers. But the MoD is hiring planes from a dealer linked to Bin Laden.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Doesnt anyone find it strange that its a member of the FRENCH secret services to mention this???

Does anyone agree that the British and French secret services have a sort of quiet love affair going on here??

I know this takes it off the subject a little, but the fact that Princess Diana was uuhhmmm..."murdered" by the British secret services in Paris is a clear sign of colusion between the French and the British intelligence services, you cant take out anyone so important as her, a member of the British royal family, without the "green light" and the direct help of the intelligence services of the country involved.

Now, this guy, if its the truth, is saying the bombs were of a MILITARY style, while the Brits sre still tight lipped about it, where does he get his info from???

Maybe a mate in MI5?

Just a theory of mine !!

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 04:45 AM
link   
He's saying it's military GRADE explosives, not that it's military explosives. There's a slight difference there. If you have the right contacts and enough money on the black market, you can get military grade explosives from just about anywhere. Military grade explosives are more powerful high explosives that you would find in say a conventional demolition shed. It doesn't mean that they CAME from the military. There are some non-military uses for military grade explosives.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
He's saying it's military GRADE explosives, not that it's military explosives. There's a slight difference there. If you have the right contacts and enough money on the black market, you can get military grade explosives from just about anywhere. Military grade explosives are more powerful high explosives that you would find in say a conventional demolition shed. It doesn't mean that they CAME from the military. There are some non-military uses for military grade explosives.

Yes, but is the guy saying that the manner in which the bombs were fabricated was in a military stlye, ie, small, compact rucksack bombs, indicating some form of advance military knowledge, and not the huge 20 kilos homemade suitcase bombs of yesteryear..made with fertiliser etc.

I still find it interesting that the guys French !!!
Why not one of the spanish cops there, they have more recent experience that the French !!

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1972

Yes, but is the guy saying that the manner in which the bombs were fabricated was in a military stlye, ie, small, compact rucksack bombs, indicating some form of advance military knowledge, and not the huge 20 kilos homemade suitcase bombs of yesteryear..made with fertiliser etc.

Yes, that's what he's saying. Because they were constructed with high explosives, they used less explosives and were smaller. But what he doesn't say is that they were "military devices". So that one can't be answered one way or the other. I would think most terrorists dealing in explosives and coming from organizations such as Al Qaeda or whatever would have the equivalent of military knowledge in bomb making.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega
I still say it was the gov't who perpetrated the entire thing. As more and more evidence comes to light more and more people will agree with my conclusions. This thread just helps my hypotheses.

i have that same gut instinct you do about this
it does look extremly fishy

but as i was reading i just thought of another hypothesis along those lines

what could the Chinese and Russians have to do with this?
I wonder if they have any connections

Anything could be true right now....lol
But i tend to think it was inside job by UK/USA

When will Canada get hit??
When will Germany get hit??
Japan??
oh ya and Australia too....??

i said it could be the Russians or chinese; but i kinda doubt it for some reasons, cause if they got caught it might start WW3
so thats kinda why i doubt they would get directly involved in this type of 'terrorist' activity in UK or USA

but hey u never know
the KGB could have infiltrated our govts and be trying to destroy them
lol i doubt it but hey its an idea

after all my speculations; i still feel it was CIA/mi5/mi6 type thing
just because the coincidences are too great

but im not certain by any means; i am not "in the know"
but i am definatly "in the speculative frame of mind"

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I just hope this doesn't take years and years to figure out like 911. We still don't know the truth about 911 and it has been almost 4 years. I wonder if this will be as big as 911, seeing as the conspiracies have already begun.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join