It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabia's nuclear weapons program

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Where terror and the bomb could meet

By Amir Mir

Pakistani President General Pervez Musharraf's June 25-26 unscheduled trip to Saudi Arabia has raised many an eyebrow in Islamabad's diplomatic circles, where it is believed the visit was meant to seek the assistance of the kingdom to circumvent the ongoing International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) investigations into reports that the Saudis might have purchased nuclear technology from Pakistan. The speculation goes that Musharraf aimed to chalk out a joint strategy on what stance the two leaders should adopt to satisfy the IAEA and address its concerns.

Saudi Arabia is under increasing pressure to open its nuclear facilities for inspection as the IAEA suspects that its nuclear program has reached a level (with Pakistani cooperation) where it should attract international attention. The pressure has also come from Europe and the United States, which want Riyadh to permit unhindered access to its nuclear facilities.

Well before the IAEA probe began, the US had been investigating whether or not the father of Pakistan's nuclear program, Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan, sold nuclear technology to the Saudis and other Arab countries. Acting under extreme pressure from the IAEA, the Saudi government signed the Small Quantities Protocol on June 16, which makes inspections less problematic. However, the US, European Union and Australia want it to agree to full inspections. The Saudi stand is that they will agree to the demand only if other countries do so, including Israel.

Read the rest of the article

No wonder the Arabs think our government is full of hypocrits. Here we are bashing Iraq and Iran over supposed WMD/Nuclear weapons programs when our "allies" in the war on terror, and two of the biggest sources of radical islamic terrorism, Saudi Arabia and Pakistan have been operating nuclear weapons programs for decades that are sure to literally blow up in our faces at some point in the future. We are creating more monsters to slay by dealing with these regimes and ignoring their deadly mix of nuclear weapons and radical Islam. The war on terror is a joke as long as we deal with these nations as partners instead of as enemies.

*trimmed large quote*

[edit on 11-7-2005 by dbates]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
انت كذاب
المملكة العربية السعودية ليس عندها نووي
هل تريدون تقضون علينا
يالهي
السعودية دولة مسالمة
نووي + ديموقراطي = الحجيم والارهاب والقتل الغير بالاطنان
ارحمونا يناس
لكن الحمد للاله
السهودية اكبر دولة حليفة
for George bush
anathema for every the enemies
bye

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
hey almasad maybe u should post it up in English so everybody else can read wat it says besides just Arabs only here.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Yeah, the US has been eerily silent on the Saudi's nuke programs, even though they arguably represent a far greater threat to the US than those of the Iranians.

When the House of Suad falls, who do you think will get all those goodies?

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
Yeah, the US has been eerily silent on the Saudi's nuke programs, even though they arguably represent a far greater threat to the US than those of the Iranians.

When the House of Suad falls, who do you think will get all those goodies?

That's assuming the House of Saud ever actually falls. As of right now, the terrorists are the ones in charge in Iran and they'll be the ones with the nukes.

I remember reading somewhere before that Saudi Arabia and Pakistan have some kind of agreement regarding nuclear weapons. Now I'm not exactly sure (and I know this kind of stuff pisses you guys off!) but I believe Pakistan is to provide Saudi Arabia with nuclear weapons if Iran becomes a nuclear power and/or attacks Saudi Arabia. Does anyone know the agreement that I'm speaking of? I'm pretty sure I read it here on ATS a while back...

new topics

top topics

join