It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain and U.S. Planning Troup Withdrawl

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
LONDON (AP) — Britain and the U.S. are trying to build a new strategy to exit Iraq that could see British troops leaving the country by Christmas, a newspaper reported citing a government memo written by the defense secretary.
The Mail on Sunday reported that British Defense Secretary John Reid drafted a secret paper for Prime Minister Tony Blair outlining how most of the country's 8,500 troops could be sent home from Iraq within three months, with the rest by the end of the year.

The document also said the U.S. was looking to cut back its own troop levels to 66,000, down from the 135,000 there now.

Source www.usatoday.com...

I can see Britain leaving. Especially after the bombings, I am not saying that the Brits are some kind of cowards. To the contrary. I just can't picture Bush withdrawling our Troups any time soon. Bush likes war too much to let go now.

[edit on 7/11/2005 by Rhiannon1968]

[edit on 7/11/2005 by Rhiannon1968]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Now if we had done this before the Iraq war we would'nt have wasted so many lives, so much money, and so many Labour opinion points would we?
Normally i would take anything the Daily Mail says with one or two table spoon of salt, but on this occassion it looks as though they might be onto something.
I really, really hope the terrorists don't read victory into this. I hate the Iraq war, and feel sorry for the problems for the Iraqis that our very presence there is stiring. But i'm half tempted to say we should keep those troops in Iraq just to spite the terrorists.
If Bush is thinking about removing troops that can only mean one thing: Is it Iran, Syria, North Korea or Earth thats next?

new topics

join