Blair rejects calls for probe into bombings!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   
After reading this article, I couldn't help but suffer from a classic case of 9/11 deja'vu. Apparantly like George Bush, Tony Blair will on Monday reject Conservative demands for a government inquiry into last week's London bomb attacks, insisting such a move would distract from the task of catching the perpetrators.

news.ft.com...

As the death toll rose to 52 and police and security services continued searching for the bombers - thought to be Islamist terrorists - Downing Street said the prime minister believed an inquiry now into the outrage which killed at least 49 people would be a "ludicrous diversion."

Could another member of the 'Coalition of the Willing' be covering up the truth as to whom the real perpetrators are? Perhaps this time, Downing Street is suppressing potential evidence linking the attacks to the IRA or anti-globalization anarchist's? I'm sure the immediate 'finger pointing' at Islamic radicals provides greater purpose, increased support and continuity for the war on terror.

What do you think?

British intelligence officials have No Leads

How convenient?

[edit on 11-7-2005 by syntaxer]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Erm, you can't catch a cullprit without understanding the crime.

No matter who claims it or who had his hand in the cookie jar, if you don't investigate the actual crime, you have no legal foot to stand on when the cullprits are taken to criminal court.

This is really disturbing news imho.

I wonder if the busses and tube sets that got blown up are on their way to China for recycling with GPS trackers on them to make sure they don't devert of their course to destruction ...

Man this stinks.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   
The conservative party has criticised Micheal Howard for trying to score political points over the bombings. The whole country believes an inquiry will happen after the invesgation. Its pretty low of Micheal Howard trying to score points over this...

Give it more time.

[edit on 11-7-2005 by infinite]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Infinite, delaying an inquiry to a later date will leave way to much time for evidence to get destroyed or cold due to cleanup operations and such (and I don't really mean with malitious intent, evidence gets contaminated over time even if you leave it on the same spot it originated from with noone ever touching it)

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Micheal Howard is know sweet talking Blair now in the house, he has basically gone back on what he said and is giving "full support to the government". In other words, he is saying bascially, but he has stated a small inquiry at a later date.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   
syntaxer, click on your link again. It seems to have been re-routed. I saw the original article, too... Hmmm...

Here are a few other links, though.

Scotsman
Al Jazeera
FT

[edit on 11-7-2005 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
syntaxer, click on your link again. It seems to have been re-routed. I saw the original article, too... Hmmm...

This is clearly ground breaking conspiratoral news! The BBC has also re-written the original article to:

news.bbc.co.uk...

I found this via the www.prisonplanet.com website which features a story on how Blair is objecting investigation.

click on the original source link from prisonplanet.com

www.prisonplanet.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Those tasked to catch the terrorists can't concentrate on that while they are also having to try and cover their 6 from a political investigation.

Which do you want, a political witchhunt or a real atttempt to get the bad guys?

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

Which do you want, a political witchhunt or a real atttempt to get the bad guys?

Perhaps a political witchhunt will reveal who the bad guys REALLY are!

I'm all for that!

Excellent post, syntaxer!

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Those tasked to catch the terrorists can't concentrate on that while they are also having to try and cover their 6 from a political investigation.

Why would those who are searching for the bombers have a need to 'cover their 6'?

And who is suggesting a 'political' investigation, I'm suggesting a legal investigation of a crime. The terrorist-catchers are not under investigation, the investigation is to find out for sure who did it.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   

the investigation is to find out for sure who did it.

Anti-terrorism branch is carrying that out know as we speak, it started on thursday. First thing they would have done would be to investigate the intelligence community to see if there was any signs of attacks.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
infinite, I see what you mean. However:

First the bombs went off at different times within 26 minutes.
Then they all went off at within 50 seconds.

First the bombs were homemade.
They they were made of high explosives. (not homemade)

First Netanyahu was warned after the first blast.
Then he was warned after the third blast.
(Hmm... that would explain the time thing.)

These changing of the facts and suspicious happenings call for a probe into the events to see what really happened. It's not like these governments haven't lied before. Why should the people believe them without question?

The other investigation can continue. But the most important thing is to catch the perps. The REAL perps, whoever that turns out to be.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Just wanted to post this virus alert, of an email claiming to be a video of the London bombings is a trojan.

While I realize many are fully aware of email dangers, I am also aware of the vast numbers that are not.

Story: Virus exploits London Tube bombs

Misfit

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by syntaxer
I'm sure the immediate 'finger pointing' at Islamic radicals provides greater purpose, increased support and continuity for the war on terror.

What do you think?

You think the war on Islam extremists should end?

Who planned the Madrid train bombings?

Even if you vote in a socialst (like spain did) your country is still going to be vulnerable...because your not a muslim country, you watch tv, you wear clothes without covering your parts of your body (blasphemous!) pop culture is perverting the minds of the young, and maybe just maybe they will blow themselves up to kill people just because it makes people afraid...and thats what they want. to keep people afraid, like the taliban did to afghanistan's... what kind of members of a religious group throws a baby against the wall and rapes the mother and then kills them but lets the father live to tell about the story, what kind of religious group drives airplanes into buildings and kills innocent human beings who have nothing to do with the political arena? what kind of religious organization blows up subways full of innocent people who have nothing to do with the political arena? The IRA may not like britian, but they wouldn't blow up a subway with 4-5 suitcase bombs to make a point and I think if they would blow something up it would be government related and they would claim responsibility because they would want to show the gov't who did it and why.

islamic fundamentalists are knows to blow up buses, known to use suitcase bombs, blow up trains, blow up nightclubs, blow up embassy buildings, and use plane fuel to blow up the wtc.

sometimes I wonder if people create conspiracy theories just to say they made one.

ps: last thing I heard on the investigation, they had retrieved two cell phones in the packages that didn't go off... the bombs were attached to the cell phones, and they were checking the cameras in around the city.

They will find the guys, and i'll bet you my coffee money it will be islamic stheads..

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
The probe they are speaking of is to see whos fault it is was that the attack could have happened, i.e. metro police or M1 ect...

They are of course still searching the sites for clue and evidence of who was behind the bombings of course! This thread is misleading!

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   

infinite, I see what you mean. However:

First the bombs went off at different times within 26 minutes.
Then they all went off at within 50 seconds.

First the bombs were homemade.
They they were made of high explosives. (not homemade)

First Netanyahu was warned after the first blast.
Then he was warned after the third blast.
(Hmm... that would explain the time thing.)

These changing of the facts and suspicious happenings call for a probe into the events to see what really happened. It's not like these governments haven't lied before. Why should the people believe them without question?

The other investigation can continue. But the most important thing is to catch the perps. The REAL perps, whoever that turns out to be.

You got to understand, that they cannot know what the bombs are until they have searched at the sites for evidence

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Whatever "OFFICIAL" investigation there is will be full of contradictory evidence, misleading and full of holes, just like the "warren commision" and the commision on "9/11".

Maybe tommorow Blair will order all the rubble hidden quickly and sell any steel they find to China !!!

Sound familiar to you!!

Where is the footage of the cameras from the streets and the underground?
Or will we shortly hear phrases like "The footage has proved to be inconsequential and shows nothing that can be used as evidence" or maybe "For an unknown reason between the hours of 08.00 and 09.30 all the cctv units in london had a nervous breakdown and didnt tape anything"

Maybe we´ll have one or two mysterious suicides aswell, maybe from the cctv controlers or tube station workers...wouldnt be the first time would it!!

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1972
Or will we shortly hear phrases like "The footage has proved to be inconsequential and shows nothing that can be used as evidence" or maybe "For an unknown reason between the hours of 08.00 and 09.30 all the cctv units in london had a nervous breakdown and didnt tape anything"

Bus Cameras Weren't Working

But the investigation received a serious setback when it was discovered the CCTV cameras on the bus that blew up were not working so detectives will not get vital images of the bomber.
"We don't know if the driver forgot to switch them on or if there was a technical problem but there are no images."

The bus had four cameras - one covering people getting on, the second at the exit doors and one on each deck scanning the length of the vehicle.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I've read that the total weight of the bombs were less then 10 pounds. Could the bombs have been made with the missing explosives from Al Qaqaa installation in Iraq?

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
You got to understand, that they cannot know what the bombs are until they have searched at the sites for evidence

With all respect, I think I do understand that. What I don't understand is why an independent probe shouldn't take place to make sure there's no 'funny business'; that everything looks copasetic. Make sure we're not chasing down the wrong hole.

And, these stories from Reuters and World Tribune seem to indicate that the bombs' basic nature is already known. Are these stories false or premature? That's a real question. I could be misunderstanding something.

Reuters

"The explosives appear to be of military origin, which is very worrying," said Christophe Chaboud, head of the French Anti-Terrorism Coordination Unit and one of five top officials sent by Paris to London immediately after Thursday's attacks.

World Tribune

"All we are saying is that it is high explosives," Scotland Yard Deputy Assistant Commissioner Brian Paddick told a news conference on Saturday.
"That would tend to suggest that it is not home-made explosive.

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join