It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The DaVinci Code for real

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
If it is zionist propaganda, then the movie ET was made by aliens to prep us for their arrival. And the matrix movies are to prep us for that future. And Terminator 123 are to prep us for the robot wars......
The fictional story that is being called real does contain some factual information..... some. It also contains some admittedly fabricated stuff, that is why the author called it a novel, and not a scientific thesis.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Quote: "Zionists to prepare the world for the fake Messiah, the Antichrist."

Suspicion confirmed! MasterP -> you are a *NUT CASE*!

Why are you guys so Concerned with the Anti-Christ & Satan - aren't you focusing your Energy in the WRONG Direction?

The idea of what qualifies for "Messiah" is Relative BTW! There were plenty of "Rebellious Prophets" that came before Jesus that actually Claimed to be the Messiah every chance they got (Jesus kept it on the Down Low for the most part). Although I Personally believe that Jesus was the Messiah - there are plenty of Jews still around in the World that would dis-agree! They are free to that opinion - will you stop with this
"Anti-Semitic" & "Evil Zionist" stuff! You are contradicting yourself!

BTW Jews are not the only "Semitic" people - Arabs are Semites as well!!! Also REAL "Jews" are not Light Skinned they are Dark Skinned! The Majority or the Jews in the World now are Light Skinned due to CONVERTION - Semitic = Race, Judaic = RELIGION (Co-Incidentally these are the SAME people that are Immigrating to the State of Israel from all over the World)!

Quote: "The Relative Prediction has been in the Bible for almost 2000 Years!"

Yes and the Bible also has been edited about a THOUSAND times in the last 2000 Years!

[edit on 27-8-2005 by Seraphim_Serpente]

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Dan Brown doesn't know anything other than how to make money off of other peoples conspiracy theories. I for one am tired of all of the Catholic bashers with their ridiculous claims that the Catholic church is evil. Yeah, there might be some corrupt people in the church, but that doesn't make the entire church corrupt. Look at the Protestants and their constant misgivings. They've got the Protestant leader dude who just said that president Hugo Chavez should be assasinated, they've got Reverend Jessie Jackson who committed adultery, Reverend Al Sharpton was involved in some money laundering thing, and Martin Luther the founder of Protestantism was anti-semetic and a staunch racist. And the whole Protestant church is all about instant salvation, whereas the Catholic Church takes a more Buddhist-like approach of salvation being a lifelong goal to be attained through faith and good works.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
maybe your accusations are true... I don't know, but I do know that there are bad seeds in all groups. I totally agree with you that the catholic bashing is ridiculous, and I too am very tired of it. But pointing out that some Protestants did bad things, while cathartic, in my view, helps nothing.

I am even more tired of the bad rap that Wicca gets. Every Wiccan I have met was wonderful. Also, Islam is slammed far too much, and I have met many extremely good Muslims, and cannot think of one that I have met that was bad.
It is all good, we are one through God. Come together....

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by masterp

Originally posted by Seraphim_Serpente
No MasterP - I think that it is YOU who are mistaken!

Although I don't post in order to prove who is and who isn't wrong, in this case you are the one that is deceived.

Can't CHRIST be the "Son of God" & the "Word of God" & all of the rest of it - Jesus being a Mortal who through his Actions & Faith actually Embodied this "Christ"?

What's the meaning of the above question?

Do you realize that America is a Free Country & that people are free to Believe or not Believe anything that they wish.

But I did not say anything about freedom. It goes without saying that people are free to believe what they like. All I said is that the 'Davinci Code' is part of the greater agenta put forward by a certain group of people.

That Dan Brown & his Publisher are free to publish a book like the "Davinci Code" if they wish - even if it is Fiction?

They are free to publish any book they want, as long as they don't promote it in such a way that certain 'ideas' are promoted.

So why then do you Attack him?

Because the 'Davinci Code' is part of the plan to create doubt and fear.

Why then does he have to go into hiding? It is this VERY "Burn the Witch" Fundamentalist Mentality that is RUINING Christianity & Proving Dan Browns Point!

I did not say 'burn the witch'. Let the people read the book. But also tell them who Dan Brown is, and who does he represent.

Could it be that Jesus’ actual message was very Powerful

Of course. Jesus said 'love the others as you love yourself'. You can't say a more powerful message.

- but that certain Historical Organizations that were Hungry for Political Power (Ahem - Catholic Church) - just wanted to Use the Figure of Jesus as a Tool to Control the People while simultaneously covering up his actual Message that would end up Empowering them? Is it not Possible that the Catholic Church would call Brilliant Scientists "Heretical Witches" & Punish them with Death - that this was in-fact a Political Retaliation? I suggest that you Study History & the
Dark Ages a bit further!

but if we admit all the above, we must admit that Jesus was not the son of God, and that Christianity is a big lie. And if we do that, we break down 2000 years of human history, while at the same time we let another group of people be 'empowered' by the non-truth of this story.

Quote: "Interestingly, if you ask three people what it means to be Christian, you will get three different answers."

Indeed! I think that we should all pause for a second & Meditate on the Insight provided by this statement!

The above does not mean anything, really. Ask three people what democracy is and you will also get three different answers. But that does not mean that the concept of Christianity is not well defined. The diversity of the answers only reflects the opinion/ignorance of those asked.

The writings it is based on
and the dogma it professes are pauline and church of rome based little is left of the Jewish Rabbi who is said to be the foundation of the beliefs.

The Bible is just another collection of fictional short stories( ok some not so short)

Right.

Explain to me the miracle of Easter holy light then. For hundrends of years, at Easter time in Jerusalem, the Christian Patriarch enters the tomb of Jesus, naked, and gets out with the holy light. Before that, he and the building is thoroughly searched by other religions' members to see if there is a trick in lighting the candles. It would be a hell of a revelation for Jews and Muslims to actually reveal of Christianity being a big lie...but they never succeeded in finding out how the candles light up.

Not only that, but the world is being deceived by a certain group of people (that owns all of the media, including publications)...those who have eyes can see, and those who have ears can listen. And this situation has actually been predicted!!!

well masterp, I think your ideas of what you think "should" be appropriate for dan brown to put in his novel is his business who are you to judge him, you are just one person you are not .. a god.. you judge least ye be judged yourself. I think its rather funny you get angry at a "novel" and a movie and for what? all you do is give it more hype more hype = more people wanting to buy the book & go see the movie, this is exactly what you are doing. neagative hype = bigger hype for both the novel & movie .

masterp there are many who will tell you to your face take your judgments else where, I'm one who if you came to my door wanting to "attempt" to convert me to your views, I'd blast danzig how the gods kill cd and then slam the door in your face. ythere is much you still are unaware of masterp you need to open your mind and eyes really see, all the rest of the people who are quoting you are showing you do not judge them or how they think. Me I'm throwing it back in your face cause I know what is what as far as this so called "controversy" is really all about. Its about time this happened so many saw it coming anyway the vatican is showing its cracks in its so called holy armor, the vatican is not as holy as people are "cattalized" into thinking the holy church can skeep screaming foul at ron howard how many will listen? lol its a losing battle people are becoming aware of the real truths about things that were pushed on so many for centuries for example this new "pope" is not holy nor someone deserving of the placement in rome, he is a child molestor he was kicked out of texas for that very thing and then low & behold moved to rome and given a new posting till the former pope died. how many priests do you masterp think are in prison convicted of child molestation? I could give you a number and its a triple digit number.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII
maybe your accusations are true... I don't know, but I do know that there are bad seeds in all groups. I totally agree with you that the catholic bashing is ridiculous, and I too am very tired of it. But pointing out that some Protestants did bad things, while cathartic, in my view, helps nothing.

I am even more tired of the bad rap that Wicca gets. Every Wiccan I have met was wonderful. Also, Islam is slammed far too much, and I have met many extremely good Muslims, and cannot think of one that I have met that was bad.
It is all good, we are one through God. Come together....

I'm not trading hate for hate! I am merely pointing out that all religions have their faults and none are perfect.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Lets not bash Catholics in this thread, it is not the point.

The assualt is not just upon Catholiscim, its on Christianity in general. This whole Jesus had kids thing is a farce and it has been proven so....

Pierre Plantard begins to stake a claim that he is a biological heir of the Messianic throne of Jesus [SDVC pp.77,80]. He changes his name to Pierre Plantard St. Claire [CDC p.113] and produces an impressive series of forged genealogies to link himself to Jesus and Mary Magdalen [SDVC pp.77,80].

None of it is true, of course. Plantard forges the documents and fabricates the history [SDVC pp.77-80; CDC p.113]. He has recruited a couple of people to help him, but the entire thing (except for two 19th-century texts [SDVC p.80]) is a hoax, as he will eventually admit under oath in a French court in 1993 [CDC p.113].

Top Left see The DaVinci HOAX

[edit on 28-8-2005 by edsinger]

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Holy Blood, Holy Grail
by Michael Baigent, Richard Leigh, Henry Lincoln

Now, Sir Leigh Teabing is a pretty important character
in The Da Vinci Code - and 'share' the name with Richard
Leigh AND Michael Baigent! Baigent = Teabing [anagram].

do i need to get a life?

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   
It is amazing how a thread about a novel can turn into such a heated (or even hated) discussion of faith. Faith requires no fact, that is why it is faith. We have mapped the DNA, but we still have “Creationists” and now have “Intelligent Design”

I am sure the Illuminati existed, but not as evil entity, but as a forum for scientific advancement in an era when thought independent of the church was a crime. Morals and mores change with the times.

Jefferson fought for free birth of slaves, but used it as a bartering point for freedom of religion. (The southern states wanted to have official religions by state.)

All religions have had their dark days, and will continue to do so. And the most devout in any religion are the most dangerous. There is a void that needs to be filled. Faith fills the void. If you are prone to do harm to yourself or others you will do so, whether it is done in the name of God or Kermit the Frog King it is only the excuse.

Even devout atheists can be a bore

The only thing I found disturbing about the DeVinci Code was the ending. It was a great book until the last 30 or so pages. It seemed Mr. Brown ran out of ideas and just tossed in an ending.

I have an idea. Let’s start a thread, claiming that Hogworts is a secret school for Demolay & Job’s Daughters.

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I realize now that I did not state my point well. I saw that in your reply to the attacks on the RCC, you listed a number of indiscretions allegedly committed by Protestant leaders. Then following that, compared the two faiths, appearing to me to be implying the RCC is not only not evil, but actually superior to the other. I may be misreading your point, but it seems to favour the RCC. Anyway, my post was not exactly what I meant to convey, and hate is too strong a word for what I wanted to mean. I feel that the common practice of replying to an accusation or attack by accusing and attacking back in the same manner does not help much. If your aim was to show that all faiths have faults, you could have just said that, but you stated a number of specific allegations all aimed at one faith. That helps very little to resolve the disagreement. Maybe that was not important to you. It is more important to me to mend fences than to find fault. I used to feel differently, and then I decided to change my view to rather being happy than right. I used to need to be right. I probably did not make myself as clear as I would like, and hope that this is not taken as a criticism. It is an observation, an opinion, and no more, and your motives and aims for your post are not for me to question. I just wanted to share my view, and did not do that very well at all. Sorry

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stoic 1
And the most devout in any religion are the most dangerous. There is a void that needs to be filled. Faith fills the void. If you are prone to do harm to yourself or others you will do so, whether it is done in the name of God or Kermit the Frog King it is only the excuse.

I disagree that the most devout in any religion are the most dangerous. Mother Theresa was an extremely devout Catholic and she was famous for her peacemaking. Gandhi was an extremely devout Hindu and he was famous for his peacemaking and non-violence. St. Francis of Assisi was famous for his love of people and the environment. The Dhalai Lama is a devout Buddhist and is also famous for his peacemaking. The late Pope John Paul II is also famous for bringing people together and made the most progress out of any Pope in the history of the Church. I think you are confusing delusional extremists terrorists with those who are devout in their faith.

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII
I feel that the common practice of replying to an accusation or attack by accusing and attacking back in the same manner does not help much. If your aim was to show that all faiths have faults, you could have just said that, but you stated a number of specific allegations all aimed at one faith. That helps very little to resolve the disagreement.

You can't get people to understand things without examples. You can't simply say, "they all have their faults". People need to see things to believe them. You have to show them all religions have faults to make them realize that no one is perfect. I believe comedians such as Jon Stewart do this often, and it works. I'm not attacking anyone, I am pointing out that no one is perfect. Besides, pointing out what has already happened and what is true is not an attack or an accusation. The Catholic Church readily readily admits that it's past has at times been corupt. The Church today admits that all of it's Popes have not always been good. The Church has a of list Popes that they call Anti-Popes, because they realize that these Popes were not true. And the Church also admits that the Crusades were wrong. So, Yes, the Catholic Church will be the first to admit that it hasn't always been perfect, but neither has any religion. If a 50 year old religion can have faults then any 2000 year old religion is bound to make mistakes in that amount of time. The Church doesn't hide it, they admit it. But the fact is that the Church always bounces back in the face of corruption. My gripe is with the people who lie and like to suggest that there is some grand evil conspiracy in the Church, yet they fail to mention what exactly this supposed conspiracy is or any proof other than vague nonsense. Like in another thread, this guy kept telling me that he knew in his heart that Catholics were evil just because when he walked by them he got an "evil feeling", and that was proof enough for him. The church fathers have nothing to gain from any conspiracy, they have no wealth or possesions, their money comes from donations, and they use that money for the Church, and only use it for themselves to buy food, shelter, and clothes, but the church usually provides even that. The Pope himself has absolutely no possesions. And they constantly get attacked by others. If they were "power hungry conspirators" then they would change their doctrines to fit that of the rest of the world so more people would become mebers and donate money. It's all ignorant lies.

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seraphim_Serpente
Suspicion confirmed! MasterP -> you are a *NUT CASE*!

Ts ts ts...a little respect to the other members would help...

The idea of what qualifies for "Messiah" is Relative BTW! There were plenty of "Rebellious Prophets" that came before Jesus that actually Claimed to be the Messiah every chance they got (Jesus kept it on the Down Low for the most part).

No, they were not. Please stop spreading lies. There is no other declaration of Messiah in history books other than Jesus Christ.

Although I Personally believe that Jesus was the Messiah - there are plenty of Jews still around in the World that would dis-agree! They are free to that opinion - will you stop with this
"Anti-Semitic" & "Evil Zionist" stuff! You are contradicting yourself!

But Jews is the fallen race. From the mouth of Jesus, 2000 years ago: "you [Jews] were the chosen people of God, but you denied that privilege."

Yes and the Bible also has been edited about a THOUSAND times in the last 2000 Years!

But the prediction is there in the INITIAL VERSION of the bible, as well as any other version that followed. Look, the Bible has been edited lots of times, but the core concept is there, UNALTERED. It's only the little things that have changed.

Still noone explained to me how the miracle of the Holy Light each Eastern happens. All of you that have thought of me as being nuts, what's your explanation?

Furthermore, what's your explanation about the media; all controlled by Zionists? why 99% of movies/sitcoms coming out of America have a Zionist/Jew as an executive producer/director etc? why do they all promote the exact same stereotypes?

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Quote: "Furthermore, what's your explanation about the media; all controlled by Zionists? Why 99% of movies/sitcoms coming out of America have a Zionist/Jew as an executive producer/director etc?"

Being Semitic by Race or being Judaic by Religion (i.e. Jewish) is NOT the same thing as being a "Zionist". Zionism is a Geo-Political Movement! It uses what is found in the Torah/Bible (or at least a Certain Interpretation of it) as Justification for a Jewish State/Homeland called Israel in the Heart of the Middle East!

There are plenty of "Liberal" & even "Secular" Jews in America & Europe that are *AGAINST* the Idea of Zionism! You shouldn't equate the Judaic Religion with Zionism - this is a Mistake - but many do this nonetheless!

Yes the Mainstream Media is Controlled by very Powerful Corporate Interests - Content & Views in
News Media usually reflects the OWNERSHIP of that Media! All is not lost however - there are plenty of Independent Media Forums (like ATS) to Express & Debate Views!

I personally can't stand it when people get labeled by the Media as "Anti-Semitic" when they Criticize the *STATE* of Israel! This is NON-SENSE since Palestinian Arabs ARE Semitic People & most of the people Immigrating to Israel are **NON-Semitic** "Jews" from Europe & Russia! These are the Zionists of which you speak!

Again – Ironically - there are also many Extremist Fundamentalist (so-called) "Christians" in America & Europe that Whole Heartedly Support the State of Israel. They are known by the Oxymoronic term of "Christian Zionists".

[edit on 29-8-2005 by Seraphim_Serpente]

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
ah forget dan brown, he must've went on here and read threads for research to include in his book.. seriously, he presents these ideas as someone who must've just found out about this stuff a day earlier.

www.ordotempli.org...

not to be confused with masons who like to associate themselves with the order, after they hit their 3rd degree and get the cryptic mason title...

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   
The Da Vinci Code was blatently plagiarised from Umberto Eco's foucults pendulum and from holy blood holy grail.

The Marian heresy has been around for 100's of years. I recently viewed a scottish website that had a picture of a stained glass window in an old church. The glass was according to the website, about 100 years old. It depicted Jesus and Mary holding hands and Mary is holding her belly in a manner that would suggest she was pregnant. I can't remember the address but if anyone wants to know I'll see if I can find it.

Personnally, I think Dan Brown tries too hard to come accross as an intellectual like Eco, but fails miserably.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   
uote: The idea of what qualifies for "Messiah" is Relative BTW! There were plenty of "Rebellious Prophets" that came before Jesus that actually Claimed to be the Messiah every chance they got (Jesus kept it on the Down Low for the most part).

No, they were not. Please stop spreading lies. There is no other declaration of Messiah in history books other than Jesus Christ.

actually YES they were. as a matter of FACT and History (even biblical reference) John was considered by many to be the true messiah. Even
John had his doubts as to Jesus, sendinga messinger to ask " Are you the
one we seek"?
Simeon Magus comes to mind.

You must remember that not all are like you and suffer from terminal
cranial rectumitius. Some have actually read things other than the bibles
collected fairy tales.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by nimrods son
The Da Vinci Code was blatently plagiarised from Umberto Eco's foucults pendulum and from holy blood holy grail.

The Marian heresy has been around for 100's of years. I recently viewed a scottish website that had a picture of a stained glass window in an old church. The glass was according to the website, about 100 years old. It depicted Jesus and Mary holding hands and Mary is holding her belly in a manner that would suggest she was pregnant. I can't remember the address but if anyone wants to know I'll see if I can find it.

Personnally, I think Dan Brown tries too hard to come accross as an intellectual like Eco, but fails miserably.
have u read any of his other books, hes a freaking genius!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join