It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The DaVinci Code for real

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Centiment...

I highly recomend you read Angles and Demons before Dan's new book comes out...as you might already know it's the prequil to DaVinci, and involves Robert Langdon as the main character. The thoughts and ideas surrounding Anti-matter in the book are very fasinating...espcially the fact that it has been created in real life...although in very small quantaties.

Very good read, and in some spots better than DaVinci

It also sheds a lot of light on the illuminati which has already been discussed earlier in this thread.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   
its just fiction, it's dan brown cashing in on religion, like the so called faith healers at rallys in america, or over the top evangelists or people starting up fake jesus cults and taking people's money. its just one huge commercial business...hence, everything jesus stood against.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby
its just fiction, it's dan brown cashing in on religion, like the so called faith healers at rallys in america, or over the top evangelists or people starting up fake jesus cults and taking people's money. its just one huge commercial business...hence, everything jesus stood against.

read up through the discussion....we all know that the book is fiction....noone is trying to debate that...but the theories and ideas surrounding ALL of Dan's novels....including Digital Fortress and Deception Point are great discussion topics...

it's unfortunate that some people have the idea the Dan was trying to convince the world anout something...he was just trying to tell his story...he was not expecting as much controversy over it, despite the fact the he welcomes it as publicity for his work

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Guys,

It is very obvious what Dan Brown (or rather the people behind Dan Brown) is trying to do: inject doubt into Christian Beliefs. After all, if Jesus is not son of God and he was a mere mortal, the whole Christian religion is deemed FALSE.

Have you ever read other books by Dan Brown? I suggest you read the book 'Illuminati' (i.e. Angels and Demons). You will be surprised on how much better than the 'Da Vinci code' is. But why is the 'Da Vinci Code' that is being promoted by the media? it is exactly because of the reason it was written: to create doubt about Christianity. If I was a conspiracy wacko, I would say it's all part of the plan for setting the path for the 'Messiah'.

Why is Dan Brown so much promoted? there are hundreds of better writers out there. Has any one researched the profile of Dan Brown? Let me present you a few eye openers...I hope noone is offended in any way (and what I am gonna say is not racist in any way).

Dan Brown graduated from Amherst College. President is someone called ...Marx. Marx received a John Simon Guggenheim Fellowship in 1997. He also has received fellowships from other foundations, inclding the Harry Frank Guggenheim Foundation. By sheer coincidence, mr Marx is married to Karen Barkey, who is an Associate Professor, studies state centralization/ decentralization, state control and social movements against states in the context of empires.

The Amherst College was found by Zephaniah Moore. According to mr Marx, Amhest College exists because "Our goal as participants in history is not to resist change but rather to shape it."

Dan Brown also studied in the Phillips Exeter Academy, which was founded by John Phillips, son of Samuel Phillips. Here is a good page with very 'interesting' names of people studying or graduated from the Phillips Exeter Academy. Their moto is "the end depends upon the beginning"...interesting moto, don't you think?

The Phillips Exeter Academy was sponsored by Edward S. Harness at 1930, and it was then it gained its reputation of a top college. Edward S. Harness was a businessman with generous pockets, co-businessman with ...John D. Rockfeller and was the 2nd largest shareholder in Standard Oil. He was a graduate of Yale university which we all know it's a great university

I could probably unearth more facts about mr Daniel Brown, but I think the above links are enough. We can see that mr D Brown could have deep connections with many of groups he talks about in his books. Personally, I find their tactics absolutely fantastic: now all the information about certain mystic groups that want to dominate Earth are in the realm of fantasy, courtesy of Mr Brown. What is left is the doubt if Jesus was indeed the son of God.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 06:47 AM
link   
It really amazes me how wrong some people can be about Dan Brown's intentions

masterp...
YOUR WRONG...it was NOT Dan's intentions to instill doubt within the christian community...primarily because HE IS CATHOLIC

if you take some time to read Dan's OWN comments on his site then you'll realize that he was not expecting the publicity his book got...(by the way, this has all been mentioned already in this forum...all TWO pages of it
so why not taking a look through the thread)

Dan DOES NOT personally believe anything he wrote...he just thought it was an interesting idea based on clues and symbols found and interpreted within the paintings of DaVinci.

TWO IMPORTANT QUESTIONS THAT WERE ASKED OF DAN BROWN (can read from his site)
IS THIS BOOK ANTI-CHRISTIAN?
No. This book is not anti-anything. It's a novel. I wrote this story in an effort to explore certain aspects of Christian history that interest me. The vast majority of devout Christians understand this fact and consider The Da Vinci Code an entertaining story that promotes spiritual discussion and debate. Even so, a small but vocal group of individuals has proclaimed the story dangerous, heretical, and anti-Christian. While I regret having offended those individuals, I should mention that priests, nuns, and clergy contact me all the time to thank me for writing the novel. Many church officials are celebrating The Da Vinci Code because it has sparked renewed interest in important topics of faith and Christian history. It is important to remember that a reader does not have to agree with every word in the novel to use the book as a positive catalyst for introspection and exploration of our faith.

ARE YOU A CHRISTIAN?
Yes. Interestingly, if you ask three people what it means to be Christian, you will get three different answers. Some feel being baptized is sufficient. Others feel you must accept the Bible as absolute historical fact. Still others require a belief that all those who do not accept Christ as their personal savior are doomed to hell. Faith is a continuum, and we each fall on that line where we may. By attempting to rigidly classify ethereal concepts like faith, we end up debating semantics to the point where we entirely miss the obvious--that is, that we are all trying to decipher life's big mysteries, and we're each following our own paths of enlightenment. I consider myself a student of many religions. The more I learn, the more questions I have. For me, the spiritual quest will be a life-long work in progress.

[edit on 13-7-2005 by amIreal]

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   
"I have seen people use the Da Vinci Code as their main source during an argument, I thought they were insane for using a piece of fiction. "

You mean like people are using the bible as a fact, reference or whatever you want to call it.....laughable!

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Text while i was watching the da vinci code on tv, it said that some secret society had tried to cover up the blood line of jesus. the bloodline had been passed down to his daughter and then throughout the kingdom of france, from france it probly went out to the world. why would that secret society want to cover up that theory. if its not true then why would they be so serious about it. maybe once every person has a trace of jesus's dna, he will begin the apocalypse, kinda like a self destruct sequence, or a virus

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by amIreal
It really amazes me how wrong some people can be about Dan Brown's intentions

It really amazes me how gullible people can be.

masterp...
YOUR WRONG...it was NOT Dan's intentions to instill doubt within the christian community...primarily because HE IS CATHOLIC

Yes, he says to the world that he is catholic. So? Why should we believe him? his actions speak more than his words.

And you should really think about deception...what is the best way to achieve it!

if you take some time to read Dan's OWN comments on his site then you'll realize that he was not expecting the publicity his book got...(by the way, this has all been mentioned already in this forum...all TWO pages of it
so why not taking a look through the thread)

Why should I believe anything he says? he has an agenta. He is lying. I prefer to judge him by his actions, rather than his words.

Dan DOES NOT personally believe anything he wrote...he just thought it was an interesting idea based on clues and symbols found and interpreted within the paintings of DaVinci.

No matter what he says, the seed of doubt has been planned. Not only for Christianity, but for the existence of Illuminati and all others.

No. This book is not anti-anything. It's a novel.

It's a novel that basically says Christianity is a big fraud, Christianity is bogus, Christianity is a lie. How much more anti-christian can one get?

I wrote this story in an effort to explore certain aspects of Christian history that interest me.

If the Davinci Code is a completely fictional story, then what is the historical interest in it?

The vast majority of devout Christians understand this fact and consider The Da Vinci Code an entertaining story that promotes spiritual discussion and debate.

Ha ha la! Lol! mr Dan's arguments are weak, to say the least. What kind of spiritual discussion should we have if we take into account that Jesus was not son of God but a mere mortal? there is no discussion that can be done, simply because the whole religion is turned upside down.

Even so, a small but vocal group of individuals has proclaimed the story dangerous, heretical, and anti-Christian. While I regret having offended those individuals, I should mention that priests, nuns, and clergy contact me all the time to thank me for writing the novel.

I am sure they thanked you. Yeah. Right.

Many church officials are celebrating The Da Vinci Code because it has sparked renewed interest in important topics of faith and Christian history. It is important to remember that a reader does not have to agree with every word in the novel to use the book as a positive catalyst for introspection and exploration of our faith.

If it's all fictional, then what introspection are we talking about?

ARE YOU A CHRISTIAN?

A set up interview...

I consider myself a student of many religions. The more I learn, the more questions I have. For me, the spiritual quest will be a life-long work in progress.

Yeah, we know Dan. And ultimately, all religions should be banned and united in one big ultra-religion, right? A religion that will worship the king of kings that will come in a few years to stop war and hunger, right?

We are not fools, Dan. We know the agenta. We know who you work for. We know the reason behind the success of your book (and Harry Potter's also)...

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
No MasterP - I think that it is YOU who are mistaken! Can't CHRIST be the "Son of God" & the "Word of God" & all of the rest of it - Jesus being a Mortal who through his Actions & Faith actually Embodied this "Christ"?

Do you realize that America is a Free Country & that people are free to Believe or not Believe anything that they wish. That Dan Brown & his Publisher are free to publish a book like the "Davinci Code" if they wish - even if it is Fiction? So why then do you Attack him? Why then does he have to go into hiding? It is this VERY "Burn the Witch" Fundamentalist Mentality that is RUINING Christianity & Proving Dan Browns Point!

Could it be that Jesus’ actual message was very Powerful - but that certain Historical Organizations that were Hungry for Political Power (Ahem - Catholic Church) - just wanted to Use the Figure of Jesus as a Tool to Control the People while simultaneously covering up his actual Message that would end up Empowering them? Is it not Possible that the Catholic Church would call Brilliant Scientists "Heretical Witches" & Punish them with Death - that this was in-fact a Political Retaliation? I suggest that you Study History & the
Dark Ages a bit further!

Quote: "Interestingly, if you ask three people what it means to be Christian, you will get three different answers."

Indeed! I think that we should all pause for a second & Meditate on the Insight provided by this statement!

[edit on 23-7-2005 by Seraphim_Serpente]

[edit on 23-7-2005 by Seraphim_Serpente]

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Christianity is a big fraud, Christianity is bogus, Christianity is a lie. How much more anti-christian can one get?

Just stating the facts. Xianity is all of these things. The writings it is based on
and the dogma it professes are pauline and church of rome based little is left of the Jewish Rabbi who is said to be the foundation of the beliefs.

The Bible is just another collection of fictional short stories( ok some not so short)

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Yeah, well, many think it's real, and it has good points in it what I've heard... And you start to think why the pope and the other priests are banning the book... right...?

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seraphim_Serpente
No MasterP - I think that it is YOU who are mistaken!

Although I don't post in order to prove who is and who isn't wrong, in this case you are the one that is deceived.

Can't CHRIST be the "Son of God" & the "Word of God" & all of the rest of it - Jesus being a Mortal who through his Actions & Faith actually Embodied this "Christ"?

What's the meaning of the above question?

Do you realize that America is a Free Country & that people are free to Believe or not Believe anything that they wish.

But I did not say anything about freedom. It goes without saying that people are free to believe what they like. All I said is that the 'Davinci Code' is part of the greater agenta put forward by a certain group of people.

That Dan Brown & his Publisher are free to publish a book like the "Davinci Code" if they wish - even if it is Fiction?

They are free to publish any book they want, as long as they don't promote it in such a way that certain 'ideas' are promoted.

So why then do you Attack him?

Because the 'Davinci Code' is part of the plan to create doubt and fear.

Why then does he have to go into hiding? It is this VERY "Burn the Witch" Fundamentalist Mentality that is RUINING Christianity & Proving Dan Browns Point!

I did not say 'burn the witch'. Let the people read the book. But also tell them who Dan Brown is, and who does he represent.

Could it be that Jesus’ actual message was very Powerful

Of course. Jesus said 'love the others as you love yourself'. You can't say a more powerful message.

- but that certain Historical Organizations that were Hungry for Political Power (Ahem - Catholic Church) - just wanted to Use the Figure of Jesus as a Tool to Control the People while simultaneously covering up his actual Message that would end up Empowering them? Is it not Possible that the Catholic Church would call Brilliant Scientists "Heretical Witches" & Punish them with Death - that this was in-fact a Political Retaliation? I suggest that you Study History & the
Dark Ages a bit further!

but if we admit all the above, we must admit that Jesus was not the son of God, and that Christianity is a big lie. And if we do that, we break down 2000 years of human history, while at the same time we let another group of people be 'empowered' by the non-truth of this story.

Quote: "Interestingly, if you ask three people what it means to be Christian, you will get three different answers."

Indeed! I think that we should all pause for a second & Meditate on the Insight provided by this statement!

The above does not mean anything, really. Ask three people what democracy is and you will also get three different answers. But that does not mean that the concept of Christianity is not well defined. The diversity of the answers only reflects the opinion/ignorance of those asked.

The writings it is based on
and the dogma it professes are pauline and church of rome based little is left of the Jewish Rabbi who is said to be the foundation of the beliefs.

The Bible is just another collection of fictional short stories( ok some not so short)

Right.

Explain to me the miracle of Easter holy light then. For hundrends of years, at Easter time in Jerusalem, the Christian Patriarch enters the tomb of Jesus, naked, and gets out with the holy light. Before that, he and the building is thoroughly searched by other religions' members to see if there is a trick in lighting the candles. It would be a hell of a revelation for Jews and Muslims to actually reveal of Christianity being a big lie...but they never succeeded in finding out how the candles light up.

Not only that, but the world is being deceived by a certain group of people (that owns all of the media, including publications)...those who have eyes can see, and those who have ears can listen. And this situation has actually been predicted!!!

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I thought everyone knew the priory of sion was a hoax? some guy was interviewed in a documentry and admitted that he made it up including the great list of people who had served as the head of it.

here is a link to the book that gave brown his ideas for basing his novels around symbology (sp) and ambigrams, note how he borrowed the authors name for his main character
it seems to me that brown found symbology quite intrested and decided he wanted to incorporate it in his novels, the best way to sell books is to write a controversial story that gets people talking, theres no surer way of selling books than questioning something as big as christianity and managing to mix in a good old yarn at the same time is a sure fire hit, us readers are drawn to the fact that there might actually be facts out there questioning the bible itself and he plays on that.

The only reason theres a big deal surrounding the da vinci code is that the average reader isnt intrested enough to have read all these facts and idea's that have been around for centuries in actual history books, its sort of dumbed down for the masses, now all of a sudden people think browns uncovered a mass cover up, when all the facts he's used in his books have been around aslong as the bible itself!

[edit on 24-7-2005 by Ernold Same]

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Quote: "They are free to Publish any book they want, as long as they don't Promote it in such a way that certain 'Ideas' are Promoted."

That is Ridiculous! Doesn't that Defeat the Purpose of Publishing a Book in the First Place? You must be a Fascist! What are you even doing on the Web if you are Opposed to Points of View other than your own? Are you an American? Do you know the meaning of the word Freedom? Ever hear of something called the
First Amendment?

Quote: "but if … we must admit that Jesus was not the son of God… (then) Christianity is a big lie."

But you see that is what I am talking about People! The above statement is not necessarily True! This stuff is all pretty Relative. I personally believe that Christ is a Part of God & that Jesus - although Mortal (why he died on the Cross - Can a GOD Die? No - only a Mortal can Die) Embodied “Christ”! Jesus became the Christ - Teaching the Word & Will of God on Earth! Jesus was a Truly Righteous Man. Now this is my own personal take on Jesus - will I FORCE other people to believe about Jesus what I personally believe about Jesus - NO - they are free to come up with their own conclusions! I will certainly NOT Define or Impose how people Perceive or Worship "GOD" - that is their own business.

This is what Dan Brown meant by that quote! Are you going to announce now that I am not a “Real Christian” due to my Esoteric View of Christianity? Do you realize how many SECTS there are in Christianity - are you going to now tell me that one is wrong & one is right? I have no problem if someone chooses to become a Catholic – I DO have a Problem with *FORCING EVERYONE* to become Catholic – or Practice any Religion against their Will!

Is this what you are so afraid of? Is this what you are willing to Destroy someone else’s Liberty for – so that it doesn’t Blow up your own Personal Belief System? So that you are not Forced to Re-Evaluate it?
How Pathetic!

Quote: "And if we do that, we break down 2000 years of human history."

Sorry to break it to you - but it is already pretty Broken!

[edit on 25-7-2005 by Seraphim_Serpente]

[edit on 25-7-2005 by Seraphim_Serpente]

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Hello~
I've recently finished the "Da Vinci Code" and I thought I'd join in on the talk. Well the thing about Jesus' blood line still existing, it can be possible. I live in the middle east right now, and in Islam we have something similar to being the blood line of Prophet Mohammad. People who have this bloodline are called "sayyeds" and they even have a special day for celebrating and people give them outstanding respect.

So my point is, it's the same with Christians, even Jews. Most people are descendents of these famous prophets, whether it be Jesus, Mohammad, or Abrahim. To be honest we can be Descedents of Moses, Issac, Ali, et cetra.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by d3vilishan9elSo my point is, it's the same with Christians, even Jews. Most people are descendents of these famous prophets, whether it be Jesus, Mohammad, or Abrahim. To be honest we can be Descedents of Moses, Issac, Ali, et cetra.

Good point. In fact, if one will read the works of Laurence Gardener, they can trace lineage from the very beginnings of history all the way through to, and past, Jesus and 'everyone' is involved.

The biblical data that has been passed down over the centuries is not accurate information. It is 'based' on mostly accurate information, but not in and of itself accurate. Dates were changed, even certain lineages were changed to conform to the political clime of the time. For if one gets to the root of it, religion is really a political agenda.

In the DaVinci code, Brown was, in part, bringing out the painting of the Last Supper. The, code, was that Mary Magdalene was depicted as seated to the right of Jesus. Making Her not only one of his disciples, but the one seated most closely to him, at his right hand, and by inference, the one most trusted and/or preferred.

The biblical teachings of the past had all been oriented to the male as the leaders, so having a woman be a leader of the future of Christianity would not suffice for most. Yet DaVinci showed her right up front and center.

Many of the secret societies were highly opposed to having a woman be one of the leaders of their religion. They have attempted over the years to keep that information from being generally public. And yet, studying the work of recent serious researches indicates that most of what we have been taught to believe in in the past is not really true fact, but political agenda for those who shaped the course of history.

Dan Brown wrote a fiction book bringing out some of that information in a way to where he would not be cited as telling secrets out of school, while telling secrets out of school. He also appeared to want to show how fanatical some of these people are in keeping 'their' idea of history in the forefront and not allowing truth to contaminate the public mind.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Quote: "Many of the secret societies were highly opposed to having a woman be one of the leaders of their religion. They have attempted over the years to keep that information from being generally public."

Yes some of the more Patriarchical Societies may have had this as a goal - some of the more Esoteric Societies may have had the opposite view however! Knowing the Truth about Mary Magdalene's Role & (the Sacred Feminine) Importance to Original Christianity - they could have kept the Secret in order to Preserve & Prevent its destruction/being lost!

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I was thinking about several things. But before we go into that, I was looking at a puzzle of the "Last Supper" that I might buy and I noticed to the left of Jesus like the third person looks like a woman as well! I happened to buy a history book from the book store I was in, and there was a more detailed pic of the LS and I think it's a girl (phillip)!... But now that I've looked at the orginal it seems I'm wrong. But you want to know what's funny, when I looked @ The LS, I always thought John was a girl.

Anyhow, back to what I wanted to say.

The only time I can recall in history when women had more power was in the ancient times. As time passed, women were less important. I mean, look at Joan of Arc-she was tried as a witch a burned. Imagine a woman spreading christianity! For all I know, they'd spit on her. Even look at modern day American history it was not until the 1920-30s that women had the right to vote. Nobody would have listened to a woman who preached. We don't have any female popes, instead we have nuns. I can imagine how badly MM would have been treated for preaching...

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Its garbage.......

I have read Holy Blood and Holy Grail and the follow on book. Good reading but bad on facts, I came across some good information on the The DaVinci Code and its author...read on...

Long before Constantine showed up, pagan critics of Christianity like Lucian, Celsus, and Porphyry knew of only the same four Gospels we now use and tried to show contradictions between them [HOW TO READ CHURCH HISTORY, Vol.1, Jean Comby (Crossroad, NY, 1985) pp.31-33: HRCH]. Imagine the fun they would have had comparing 80 Gospels. Of course, the only thing preventing them from doing this was that the pre-Constantine texts they were using only had Matthew, Mark, Luke and John's Gospels [HRCH p.33]. They were attacking Christian belief in the divinity of Jesus and His resurrection in the second and third centuries [HRCH pp.31-33], which was generations before the Council of Nicea and Constantine.

Several writers have now written entire books filled with similar examples of Brown's errors. Unfortunately, many readers fall for the novel's fictitious veneer of historical research.

Accordingly, Brown has now retreated to the defense that it was only a novel and one should not have to defend the statements of a work of fiction. Unfortunately, Brown makes such statements at the begining of his novels as, "References to all works of art, tombs, tunnels, and architecture in Rome are entirely factual...the brotherhood of the Illuminati is also factual" [ANGELS & DEMONS by Dan Brown (Pocket Books, NY, 2001): A&D]. And, "FACT: The Priory of Sion--a European secret society founded in 1099--is a real organization...All description of artwork, architecture, [and]documents...in this novel are accurate" [SDVC p.81]. He includes all sorts of maps and other "FACT" [his word] as a preface to his 'fiction' [A&D Ibid.]. Yet when caught in various errors about DaVinci's artwork [SDVC p.81] and about documents like the Bible and Gnostic manuscripts [CDC pp.130-170], he says he is just a novelist.

hoax created by French forgers identified with anti-Semites

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Look lad, The Davinci Code is nothing but one of the means of Zionists to prepare the world for the fake Messiah, the Antichrist. They will say that the fake Messiah is a descentant of Christ! The relative prediction has been in the Bible for almost 2000 years!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join