It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The U.S. wont invade Iran

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
#1 Iran was ALWAYS a bigger terrorist threat than Iraq ever was.

only in the book of the USA and Israel

i always thought the US was the biggest sponsor of terrorists

with them creating and funding the most on the face of the planet
and the best known of all ( bin ladin and co ) with all that CIA training and funding

does this mean the world should attack the US?
because alot of countries have sufferd attacks from that group

#2 The US would have more world support regarding Iran than Iraq, as point #1 is obvious and well known

only the right wingers in the US and maybe a few in other countries

#3 Iran CANNOT ever have nuclear weapons, and entire world doesnt want this, not just the USA

wow the intires world

#4 WHEN the attack happens, the USA will only provide the air assault, the LEAST strained armed forces it has to offer. Isreal and possibly other nations would provide the ground support backed up by limted US special forces and CIA Intellgence officers.

what other nations?
the only countries gearing up is Israel being armed with bunker busters and the USA threatening them

and israel knows if it attacks it can be attacked back with long range missiles in a counter attack
so its doutfull they will attack

and as i said before Iran isnt another Iraq and has the capibilities to attack back

#5 I dont think occupation or take over of the country would be the plan. The plan would be to : 1. Cripple the nuclear capability, 2. Destroy all offensive military capability, i.e. air force and navy. None of this requires and invasion.
#

you cant expect to attack a soverign country and expect them not to retaliate

if the US casts the first attack they will be dragged into a full scale war
and invasion would inevitable

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   
maybe John Titor or whatever he was called was right and the US is going to attack itself to rid the world of terrorism.

Somehow I think not.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Wow, the haters are out in force today. I am thankfull I dont live with such hate, and I am glad that I raise my kids without it.

But the cold hard fact is, even France has come out and stated Iran cannot have nuclear weapons. If France is actualy taking a stand, then you know Iran is doomed, as France doesnt threaten anybody.

I wonder how you haters toons will change when YOUR country is part of any action against Iran. Im sure you will figure out a way to spin it into more USA hate as usual.

[edit on 11-7-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Wow, the haters are out in force today. I am thankfull I dont live with such hate, and I am glad that I raise my kids without it.

But the cold hard fact is, even France has come out and strated Iran cannot have nuclear weapons. If France is actualy taking a stand, then you know Iran is doomed, as France doesnt threaten anybody.

I wonder how you haters toons will change when YOUR country is part of any action against Iran. Im sure you will figure out a way to spin it into more USA hate as usual.

Now if Switzerland comes out and says Iran shouldnt have Nuclear weapons thats when they need to worry.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   

please elabirate that?
what hate?

and should we really care how u raise your kids?

But the cold hard fact is, even France has come out and strated Iran cannot have nuclear weapons. If France is actualy taking a stand, then you know Iran is doomed, as France doesnt threaten anybody.

wow first you say the Intire world
then you just mention france

now if france decides to jump on the band wagon Iran will really be trmbling in their shoes

hater toons ? lol
i dont see the UK joining in this one as it would screw our econemy and Blair and his labour party would be history

also is this all you could say?
just personale attacks?

[edit on 11-7-2005 by bodrul]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Bodrul:

I raise my kids not to hate other types of people like you do. That’s why its relevant.

And I tire of you relentless hatred of all things that don’t fit your agenda. I tire of your "Jihad" against the USA and your drive to paint the USA as everything evil.

And lastly, with great personal pleasure:

"You have added bodrul to your Ignore List. Refresh the current page to remove their posts from the thread."

Ahhhh....I can feel the hate wash away already...

P.S. I am sure you will respond with some anti me or USA post that you think is wonderfully clever and full of hate, but I wont see it and hardly care.

Good day

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Invasion of Iran is a possibillity. Yes we are going to try to pull of regime change in Iran, just as we did in Iraq, before we finally decided to invade. (remember the US backing the Kurds in the north?) If we can not pull this off secretly, or get someone else to do it ( Israel with their recent procurement of "bunker buster bombs" perhaps?) then yes we will invade.

How else can one explain the "cordon" move? The permanent bases being built? The propaganda machine already spewing out nonsense, about some 30 year old kidnapping connection?(which incidentally MANY American 40-50 yr olds remember clearly)...oh yeah , and of course the hypocritical nonsense about nuclear capability, can't forget that.

Besides the whole Nuclear issue, theres also the fact that Iran has been toying with the Idea of selling their resources in Euros instead of dollars (just as saddam) Which anyone with even the slightest knowledge of economics could see would prove a fatal blow to the US economy (or "interest" as is fashionable to say.) The only thing that has kept Iran safe, has been the fact that they have not done this, YET, where as Saddam was already embarking on such a conversion.

What I find most entertaining is all the nonsense about how "Iran has always been a bastion of terror" argument. The fact of the matter is, Iran did not become a problem until AFTER the british and Americans attmepted to meddle, as always, only to see it blow up in their face. (the "islamic revolution" did not happen in a vaccuum) Unfortunately many people do not even know what transpired a few years ago let alone thirty.

Whether any of us like it or not, the people in power in Washington view this as a "Brave New American World" this is OUR century, the plans have been made a long time ago, by people who are still pissed because the American public did not "allow" them to win the Vietnam war. Nothing will stop them this time, not public opinion or laws. Iraq, and Iran are just the beginning peoples, wake up. We will rule the world.... or die trying.

www.energybulletin.net...
www.iran-daily.com...
www.globalresearch.ca...

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Bodrul:

I raise my kids not to hate other types of people like you do. That’s why its relevant.

And I tire of you relentless hatred of all things that don’t fit your agenda. I tire of your "Jihad" against the USA and your drive to paint the USA as everything evil.

"You have added bodrul to your Ignore List. Refresh the current page to remove their posts from the thread."

P.S. I am sure you will respond with some anti me or USA post that you think is wonderfully clever and full of hate, but I wont see it and hardly care.

Good day

wow the great skippytjc has added me to his ignore list
i feel heart broken

if you do read this
can you tell me where i hate people or is countering your posts hate?
and what jihad posts? ( read my other replys on other topics and you will see diffrent )

this dude needs to get his head checked

first he cant reply to my topics without personale attacks and then this

yet this person thinks its fine for him self to drive and paint other countries evil

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   

I'm sorry... Really! It is fair to say most of youall simply DON'T get it.

The Arab (and Muslim) hate of Jews is absolute. When Iran actually gets working nuclear weapons technology, it will wind up in the hands of the ABC jihad group of the week. It will be used against Tel Aviv. It will cause the implosion of much of Israeli infrastructure, desertion by large segments of the population (read those with money). Israel will still be there, but one serious mess.

Muslims 'caring' about the land. Just not a factor.
Muslims and the Dome being 'sacred'. Just Arab mendacity.

Dropping a nuclear device on Tel Aviv, even a small one, would cause unbeliveable damage to adjacent Arab countries and population. Just not a factor. Those 'collateral damage' victims, Arab/Muslim, are just part of the price Muslims are willing to pay for the greater good concept of disposing, what they perceive, as once and for all of Jews. Besides, the 'collateral damage' would all be martyrs and guaranteed a place in paradise.

So where are we at? Technology evolves, is distributed, is used. Tel Aviv gets nuked. ABC jihad group of the week claims 'responsiblity'.

You think USA/UK would nuke the culprits... in minutes? That is pure fantasy.

And exactly who would the culprits be?

You are NOT sold? OK...

Say didn't an attack just occur? Wasn't it on London? Suppose THAT had been a nuclear device... Who would the USA/UK go after?

What was the Arab/Muslim reaction to the 'London bombing'? Qui moi?

'Bad! ABC jihad group of the week!! Bad! ABC jihad group of the week!!'

(Wink. Wink. Nudge. Nudge.)

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Bodrul:

lets then hope and prey they dont have the same attitude as you do on other types of people

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by golemina
(Wink. Wink. Nudge. Nudge.)

please tell me you post was pure sarcasem?

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by golemina
When Iran actually gets working nuclear weapons technology, it will wind up in the hands of the ABC jihad group of the week. It will be used against Tel Aviv. It will cause the implosion of much of Israeli infrastructure, desertion by large segments of the population (read those with money). Israel will still be there, but one serious mess.

At the risk of sounding "Anti-semetic" ....I could care less what happens to the illegal state of israel.
(in no way is this an endorsement of the annhiliation of israel)

I find it funny how the whole world claims that we are a "tool"of Israel, we always deny it, yet those are some of our first arguments for doing anything in the region. Seems to make their point seem valid to me.

www.biblegateway.com...:9;&version=9;

[Edited for clarification]

[edit on 11-7-2005 by phoenixhasrisin]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Bodrul:

Good day

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but do I sense racism against Muslims here? I hope you don't mean you're raising your kids to be racists, when you say you're raising them "not to hate". We'd have another Holocaust, this time against Muslims, if there were more people are such as yourself. You're certainly one to talk about not-hating. Bodrul was simply stating things that anyone against US policy would say. Learning not to hate means also learning not to be a freaking racist, geez.

If you look back throughout history, I think you'll notice that Christianity has claimed far more lives than any other religion will ever come close to for years and years to come. May I say, inquisition, conquests of the Americas, crusades..

I also say I do not really care for either the US or Israel. If they choose to bring war upon themselves in amounts they can't take, I say you reap what you sow, and hopefully any intelligent people would have moved out danger (including wholly out of war-mongering Israel).

[edit on 11-7-2005 by bsbray11]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
If you look back throughout history, I think you'll notice that Christianity has claimed far more lives than any other religion will ever come close to for years and years to come.

So by using the same logic I can kill as many Jews as I wish and expect people to ignore me because Hitler killed so many more Jews.

I don't think you can point to past failures by other to excuse flaws that are happening today.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I raise my kids not to hate other types of people like you do.

Except maybe Iranians?

Calling anyone who questions or criticizes US policy "haters" and "bigots" is a childish tactic, and makes you look bad.

If someone says "all Americans are scum", that's villification and ample evidence of bigotry.

If someone says "American foreign policy is destructive", that's an opinion on actions taken by the US, and not necessarily evidence of "anti-Americanism."

I am, like a lot of people, a lifelong American and yet a vocal critic of US foreign policy. Am I "anti-American?" Do you think I go home in the evenings and whack myself in the head with a 2x4 out of some internalized self-loathing?

The US government is no more immune to criticism than any other government on the planet. We've done good things, we've done bad things. Pointing out the mistakes does not in and of itself make one "anti-American."

[edit on 7/11/05 by xmotex]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Ahhh, how I do love these types of threads.

A few things...

Firstly, an invasion of Iran is a last resort option. It is, however, an option. Despite the proponents of Iran and their dreams, Iran stands no chance what-so-ever against the US if we did decide to invade. It would take under 6 months, period.

Secondly, the only thing that even threatens Iran is their own insistance on becoming a nuclear power. If the honestly and genuinly gave up their nuclear ambition, they would have nothing to fear, because frankly the US doesn't want to get involved in another war right now. Having established that, why on GOds green earth would Iran continue to persue nuclear weapons?

The answere is simple: The radical muslims that run that country wish to do several things. They seek to destroy Isreal. No one can deny this, no one can argue against it. They have come out and said it themselves. They also wish to have the means to take on the Western world in both a political and militaristic means. This, of course, will not be tolerated by the Western world. Iran's leadership is simply not worthy of having that kind of power. Most threatening to the Western world however is the threat posed by Iran simply giving a nuclear weapon to a terrorist group who would then set it off in an economic center of the world (NYC?).

Thirdly, there IS oil in Iran, much like there is in Iraq. Irans leadership needs to be changed, much like it did in Iraq. Honestly, if we do go into Iran, oil WILL play a part in our geopolitical strategy. I am not one to BS around it. If we go in there, we will control large amounts of oil well into the future. Combined with Iraq, Iran will give the US considerable leverage into what should be a more and more oil starved world. It will help with our eventual show down with China. China is one of (if not THE) largest buyer of oil from Iran. If we are to go head to head with China, having their greatest oil seller suddenly under our control will pretty much give us all the cards in the deck.

Anyways, how I think it will play out:

Iran will stall, Europe will stall, and the US will eventually let Isreal take out Irans nuclear powerplants. The US will then give Iran an ultimatum, which they will comply with.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

Originally posted by bsbray11
If you look back throughout history, I think you'll notice that Christianity has claimed far more lives than any other religion will ever come close to for years and years to come.

So by using the same logic I can kill as many Jews as I wish and expect people to ignore me because Hitler killed so many more Jews.

I don't think you can point to past failures by other to excuse flaws that are happening today.

Remember that this was in the context of probing someone's apparent racism towards Muslims and contempt of Islam. It may have happened in the past, but it happened nonetheless. To be racist towards Muslims for what radicals are doing is ignorant and without historical perspective.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
only 6 months

do you have experinace in these kind of things?

because its been well over a year since the Iraq war and still the US cant get that country under control

so its doutfull the US could sustain a successfull invasion in Iran
( as i said before insurgents would be better armed and in graeter numbers after )

also when people see Iran they also forget its not as screwed as Iraq was which even a 3rd world country could invade

which sufferd more then a decade of sanctions.

Iran will stall, Europe will stall, and the US will eventually let Isreal take out Irans nuclear powerplants. The US will then give Iran an ultimatum, which they will comply with.

i see it more like this
Us gives green light to Israel -
Israel launches pre emtive attack -
Iran fire all they have that have the range to strike Israel -

and its highly doutfull Iran would take orders from the bush admin

the threat posed by Iran simply giving a nuclear weapon to a terrorist group who would then set it off in an economic center of the world (NYC?).

can you prove this?
Iran are known to have chemical and bio agents
but i dont see them give them out to hazzbullah and so on.

like the US gave weapons/money to the mujahadin in afgan during the soviot war and to other orginasations then and now
iran give weapons and money to people under occupation.

also on the same statement
should the US be trusted with nukes?
since it is well known terrorist supporter ( heck even the people that bombed london were trained by people that were trained by the CIA ) ( this was on the ITV news )

so the US is just as bad ( worse ) then Iran when it comes to supporting these orginasations

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

Anyways, how I think it will play out:

I did not want to hear it for excessive quoting, so I only quoted the above. I do not think that Iran is facing this because of the nuclear issue .That is simply the rhetoric, as is everything else in this "war on terror".

I find it hilarious that the peoples of the ONLY nation on the planet who have actually used a nuclear weapon feel they are in any position to make judgements on who deserves the technology. This is nothing new in the west. The rise of the west was only due to exploitative economic policies enforced through millitary technological superiority. Now that we (the west) are losing that advantage, we are scared.

This has nothing to do with a physical or military threat as everyone wants to play it up as (Israel excluded they do have something to fear). This is a very threat to the West's way of life, as even Blair and Bush have admitted! For some time now the entire world has been exploited for the west' benefit (and survival), and now people are starting to wake up, and it scares the hell out of us. If the world does not bow down as it did in the past, the majority of the peoples of America and Europe would starve and/or freeze to death, and of course those of wealth would loose their wealth . This is the very reason the west is fighting tooth and nail.

That being said. Do you honestly expect China, to sit by while one of it's largest suppliers is cut off? It would already appear that they have no intention of doing so. China and Russia seem to be pretty friendly now-a-days, and I don't think that is going to end anytime soon.

As for Israel, sure they might strike, but that does not mean that they will be successful. It is currently thought that Iran might of already set up "dummy"sites in anticipation of Israeli antics, it has been done before. Besides, that might even flare the situation.

On top of that Iran has circumvented America, by allowing foreign Journalist the opportunity to photograph their "peaceful" nuclear program. No weapons inspectors needed, no ability to make trumped up charges. We didn't like that very much. That is why all this nonsense about the kidnapping is being brought up. That will certainly rile everyone up enough to support whatever claim is next, which will eventually lead to conflict.

Not to be rude, but your line of thought seems more appropriate to Americas position in the world 30 years ago. You don't seem to mention anyone else having a foctor in this equation. Once upon a time yes the scenario would probably play out with Israel doing our dirty work. Now with resources stretched thin at best, many more players are factors now. AS Iraq is proving if we want to maintain control we are going to have to get our hands dirty. Contrary to what we think though, we can not indefinitely control the globe in order to maintain our standard of living. The world has woke up! The old order is over.Instead of the west accepting this, they would rather make one last ditch effort to continue, and it will backfire in their face.

The way I see it, if we want Iran we are going to have to go in and take it.

[edit on 11-7-2005 by phoenixhasrisin]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Every day it is more difficult for the US to make plans to do the same in Iran as they did in Iraq. Iran is forging commercial relationships with Russia and China. They will be very unhappy if Iran is unable to do their part because the US just demolished their country.
So, the air strikes would have to be exclusively centered on the nuclear capabilities, and no more.
On the other hand, this time Israel can't be tasked to do the dirty work, because it is close at hand and there is only so much c*** you can take from them. There is a point of saturation beyond which the reactions could defy reason, and the Israelis know this.
So, if the US wants to do anything about it, they will have to do it themselves.
Even so, Iran's reaction could be unpredictable. The US has already succeeded through bad reputation to give arguments to the hard liners who have recently won the presidential elections in Iran. If they put an end to what is seen as a national project, it could be the spark to destabilize the whole region. There is 15-20% unemployment in Iran. What are these people to do? Byebye Iraq, byebye Saudi Arabia, byebye Israel, etc.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join