It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The U.S. wont invade Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Here are my reasons for the U.S. not invading Iraq in the next few years.

1)There problems in Iraq are going to use up too many troops for too long a time for Iran to be considered for many years.

2)The Bush administration came under to much pressure for another invasion of another Middle Eastern country.

3)North Korea are likely to kick up a fuss if they are ignored for much longer with their so called nuclear weapons.

4)The Labour party in Britain would be more or less be saying goodbye to their government position if they supported Bush on another War.

5)As long as US can put forward a threat of invasion then an invasion isnt necessary, yet.

6)As long as the US troops keep in Iraq then the terrorist will be attacking one place and making it easier to capture them.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   
The Forgein Office in the UK has released a document stating that the British economy cannot afford another war and that they will not use military action over Iran. In other words, we aren't going to war unless Iran attacks us, which i doubt they would.

But the US are stuck in the middle because their allies, Israel, are a target for Iran. Iran have stated that they would like nuclear weapons to protect themselves from the "Zionists". But what we all know is this, as soon as Iran get their hands on a nuclear weapon, Israel is getting hit, there is no question about it. Its either the US acts now and removes the threat from Israel or it waits until Iran has a nuclear weapon.

[edit on 11-7-2005 by infinite]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   
i thought the US and Uk would have made their money back or getting it back from contracts in the Iraqi oil industry and other industries out there.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
But the US are stuck in the middle because their allies, Israel, are a target for Iran. Iran have stated that they would like nuclear weapons to protect themselves from the "Zionists". But what we all know is this, as soon as Iran get their hands on a nuclear weapon, Israel is getting hit, there is no question about it. Its either the US acts now and removes the threat from Israel or it waits until Iran has a nuclear weapon.

you should say some not all

since its very doutfull Iran would use nukes in a first strike if they got any
as in this day and age they would be wiped off the face of the planet with nukes from US/UK

and i dont think they would go down that road

only thing nukes are good for is keeping people out of their back yards
and thats why its good for Iran ( being threatend by the US and israel 24/7 )

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   
i dont see any country going nuclear against another. The US and UK are too big a threat for that to happen.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Yes, we have nukes for our own protection, I'm not sure why we need to prevent Iran or any other country from having them... They know if they use them, it's all over. I'm so tired of the US being the world police and saying, "Do as I say, not as I do."

And I know this is highly controversial, but is Israel really our ally or our puppeteer?

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
you should say some not all

since its very doutfull Iran would use nukes in a first strike if they got any
as in this day and age they would be wiped off the face of the planet with nukes from US/UK

and i dont think they would go down that road

only thing nukes are good for is keeping people out of their back yards
and thats why its good for Iran ( being threatend by the US and israel 24/7 )

Me and UM_Gazz was talking about Iran last night in chat.

I wouldnt assume that the UK will get involve with a war in Iran, we wont have nothing to do with it. If Iran strikes Israel with nuclear weapons, they wouldnt care if they wiped out by the states because the attack on Israel would start World War 3 and nations across the world would get sucked in.

If America is to stop Iran from building nuclear weapons, now is the time to attack. While Iran doesnt have nuclear weapons, Israel is safe from them

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Yes, we have nukes for our own protection, I'm not sure why we need to prevent Iran or any other country from having them... They know if they use them, it's all over. I'm so tired of the US being the world police and saying, "Do as I say, not as I do."

And I know this is highly controversial, but is Israel really our ally or our puppeteer?

The US isnt the worlds police otherwise they'd be in Zimbabwe getting rid of Robert Mugabe.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   
also i forgot to add infinite
why Iran wouldnt use nukes on Israel

www.noblesanctuary.com...

one of Islams hollyiest places and the mullahs would never ( in their right mind ) destroy that
exactly what a nuke would do.

also to your reply

they wouldnt care if they wiped out by the states because the attack on Israel would start World War 3 and nations across the world would get sucked in.

now why wouldnt they care?
care to back that up

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Iran have stated for years that their main threat is Israel. They have stated they want nuclear weapons to protect themselves from the "zionist threat", as i have already stated.

In my view, there are only two nations in this world that have the ability to suck the whole world into a world war, thats Iran and North Korea.

Of course there not going to hit one of their most holy places, well i hope they dont to be honest cause that would send the middle east into chaos.

well i hope im completely wrong about them not caring, if it is the case that they would risk a huge scale attack from the states to attack Israel, its an insane ideaology that i will never be able to understand

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Iran have stated for years that their main threat is Israel. They have stated they want nuclear weapons to protect themselves from the "zionist threat", as i have already stated.

You dont need to fire nuclear weapons at a country to use them against a threat. Look at India and Pakistan. Im sure things would have kicked off a few years back had they not went nuclear or said that they had. You just need that threat there. Its like muggging someone with a knife or gun. You just need to show it or make out that you have one even if you dont to get your way.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by soapydodger
i dont see any country going nuclear against another. The US and UK are too big a threat for that to happen.

I'd have to agree with that. No matter what rhetoric comes out of a country, nobody is dumb enough to use nuclear weapons against their enemies in anything but defense. If North Korea nuked Japan, they'd have about 17 minutes to live. If Iran nuked Israel, they'd have about the same lifespan.

Nuclear Weapons are the best deterrent invented, but also the most impractical weapons ever built.

There are only two possible scenarios for nuclear strikes that I can see. A terrorist group that has no 'nation' to retaliate against, or an insane leader - a truly stark raving mad, voice hearing, certifiable variety, lunatic.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   
testing

testing

testing

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   

dont blame them with the amount of times Israel has thraetend them
with the US

In my view, there are only two nations in this world that have the ability to suck the whole world into a world war, thats Iran and North Korea.

in my view i only see 2 aswell
but thats just Israel and the united states

the united states with its aggresive attitude towards other countrys
and Israel for the way it plays the US

Of course there not going to hit one of their most holy places, well i hope they dont to be honest cause that would send the middle east into chaos.

it wouldnt send into chaos ( maybe a bit )
but it would put Iran its self on the agenda for alot of muslim countries

well i hope im completely wrong about them not caring, if it is the case that they would risk a huge scale attack from the states to attack Israel, its an insane ideaology that i will never be able to understand

i can see them using conventional weapons to launch counter attacks on US forces and Israel ( but thats only if attacked first )

[edit on 11-7-2005 by bodrul]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Of course the US wont invade Iran we have been saying this for ages. We won't invade we will simply send a few Spec Ops and carry out a few air strikes over Iran to tae out it nuclear and missile facilities and everyone goes home happy.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   

And it's simply that. Self-defense, just like everyone else is saying. No person in their right mind would ever launch up a nuke first unless they knew they wouldn't be retaliated against. The truth of the matter is that there are automated nuclear weapons systems in place in the US and Russia that will detect and, with quick permission, retaliate. A nuke doesn't even have to be launched at the US or Russia for those countries to retaliate. It's why there have been no uses of nuclear weapons since WW2: it means instant death for those who launch it.

If any nuclear weapons were used, they would be small, portable devices. But as someone has already brought up, the Muslims don't want to destroy the land itself. The land is holy to them. They just want the Jews off. Remember that in the Mid-East, Israel is the dominating power. That the Muslim nations should want to defend themselves, especially since the invasion of Iraq, is no surprise at all.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   
The US may not invade Iran, but an attack is likely.

#1 Iran was ALWAYS a bigger terrorist threat than Iraq ever was.

#2 The US would have more world support regarding Iran than Iraq, as point #1 is obvious and well known

#3 Iran CANNOT ever have nuclear weapons, and entire world doesnt want this, not just the USA

#4 WHEN the attack happens, the USA will only provide the air assault, the LEAST strained armed forces it has to offer. Isreal and possibly other nations would provide the ground support backed up by limted US special forces and CIA Intellgence officers.

#5 I dont think occupation or take over of the country would be the plan. The plan would be to : 1. Cripple the nuclear capability, 2. Destroy all offensive military capability, i.e. air force and navy. None of this requires and invasion.

Timeline for all of this? My estimate varies, but less thasn 18 months from today, possibly within 6 months.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Of course the US wont invade Iran we have been saying this for ages. We won't invade we will simply send a few Spec Ops and carry out a few air strikes over Iran to tae out it nuclear and missile facilities and everyone goes home happy.

lol at the going home happy

the US would be dragged into another Iraq scenario
because unlike Iraq , Iran can retaliate with its weapons ( which would certinaly cause a full scale war )

US would win after suffering huge casulties ( as iran have the capibilities to sink a few ships in the gulf and hit bases in Iraq )

after the US wins the war they would face better armed insurgents
causing more damage

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   

It won't be that simple if Russia continues to arm Iran with modern anti-air and ship weaponry.

Remember that Russia is now supporting Palestinians. They're also reportedly arming both Iran and Syria with weapons capable of putting a real hurt on US forces if handled carefully. Russia is against the US-Israeli campaign in the Mid-East, and while it was too slow to help Iraq, Iran is quickly becoming more and more able to withstand a US attack.

[edit on 11-7-2005 by bsbray11]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   

you forgot about the obligatory childrens hosiptal doubling as a chemical weapons factory.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join