It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Warning About Oujie Boards Is It True

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Apparently when contacting a dead person on an Ouija board the chances are you are not contacting a human spirit at all but that of a demon. Apparently these demons will even tell you stuff which you thought only you and your lost buddy knew. One thing they like to do is get you hocked on the board and then sooner or later mix the truth with lies. This can get you frustrated and so more hooked.
If you’re not careful the demon will become your "friend" and sooner or later you will show the signs of demon possession or what can often diagnosed as schizophrenia.
I always knew Ouija boards where dangerous but didn’t know about demons impersonating a relative. Apparently most human spirits lack the energy to do most things and that’s why ghost don't write say a whole a final letter to you but are more likely to twist say a tap instead.

Also is it true that by using an Ouija board you could be exposing not just yourself but also your dead relatives sole to demon possession?

I've had this information from both my sister and some paranormal society called TAPS (their online).

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I wonder about your thoughts too. What I decided many moons ago was - why take a chance -just stay the hell away from the board.

I have found it seems to have worked out OK.

Dallas

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Depends largely on whether or not you believe in demons in that way, really.

I've used ouija boards before; both as a foolish teen, and as an adult (also foolish, but somewhat less so. Ahem).

Frankly I've never been a big believer in demonic possession, as such; most cases appear to be psychiatric disturbances or simple exaggeration by the claimant. I've never found a reasonable explanation for what a demon actually is, either.

Of course, if one believes schizophrenia is a sign of demonic possession, rather than a psychiatric condition, then the above is rendered moot, somewhat.

If in doubt - do nowt. In other words..if you have the slighest hesitation about doing something like this - don't do it.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Liberal1984
Apparently when contacting a dead person on an Ouija board the chances are you are not contacting a human spirit at all but that of a demon.

As has been proven time (and time, and time) again, what you're contacting is your own subconscious. Not demons. Not spirits. Not ghosts.

Apparently these demons will even tell you stuff which you thought only you and your lost buddy knew.

Because it's your subconscious mind. Ask it something that you DON'T know a thing about ...

...like... "Under the Hyperkahler metrics of cohomogeneity one, if O n is a non-zero nilpotent orbit and is non-compact, then WHY is it not homogeneous under the action of G?"

Yes, that's a real question. I can guarantee that demons/spirits/angels/deities, and even alien races with starfaring ability can answer that. It's Not Terribly Complex Mathematics (just a definition.)

Your Ouija board couldn't answer that UNLESS the person on the other side just happened to be a graduate student who was studying complex Algebras in a PhD level program.

If you're terribly suggestible and a "Trooooooooooooooo BEEEEleeever" then yes, you can get caught up in your own mental games. But it's harmless.

...unless you're the superstitious type.

Don't be superstitious, okay?

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   
At the risk of a flame-fest, I believe that the question -- indeed, the entire concept -- is moot.

In my opinion, the Ouija Board is just a toy that works solely by unconscious movement of the operator; therefore, although it may give you some insights into your unconscioius desires or feelings, there are no "spirits", good or bad, involved.

The interesting aspect of this is that there is a sure-fire way to determine whether or not there is anything other than the operators' unconscious hand movement, yet no one on this forum that I know of other than I myself has bothered to try it:

With no further information, ask an operator to give you an Ouija "reading" and record the results, i.e., did the planchette spell out words, and did the words make sense? Then, ask the operator to give another reading using similar questions, but, with no foreknowledge, tell the operator that you will blindfold him/her.

At this stage, some operators will refuse to continue, which suggests that they know the results will be null. Nonetheless, if you have an operator who actually believes in "spirit intervention" ask similar questions, and again look for results: does the planchette spell out words, and do the words make sense?

I have tried this procedure six times. In two cases, the operator refused to continue; in the other four, the results for the blindfold test were simply letters at random.

This leads me to believe that the entire Ouija Board phenomenon is simply unconscious movement on the part of the operator.

Edited to say: This is what happens when I stop in the middle of the reply to get coffee: Byrd beats me out AGAIN!

(that's why I'm only a member and she's a super-mod.)

Dang.

[edit on 11-7-2005 by Off_The_Street]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
While i do believe it is true that your own subconcious is capable of doing this, I do also believe that someone sensitive to external interference (ie paranormal phenomenom) could also get something from an external source. Penn and Teller did an episode of BS on this and they let a group of people play with the board and then about an hour later they blindfolder the people and let them play again except after they blindfolded the people they turned the board upside down. When the group of people asked a yes or no question they would still go to the appropiate place where the yes or no was before.

-Aza

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I agree that most of the time there nothing really sinister about the ouija board itself, it's been turned into a boardgame no less. But I think there are spirits about that don't exactly have our best interest at heart. You can call them demons, shadow people, dead jackass that hasn't passed over, whatever. The problem is that I think things like the ouija board make you more subseptable to these forces. I think normally they probably can't affect you at all. But once you open that doorway, it can't easily be shut again.

As far as ouija's only being a manifestation of your subconcious, probably 95% of the weird stuff can be explained away like that, but my mother (who is in her late 50's) had a friend with a board when she was a kid. Her and her sister played around with that thing and it made quite a few predictions that have come true. It told them both how many kids they would have and what the sexes would be. Could be coincidence, but the odds are pretty long on that.

I know evil spirts exist, I've taken a car ride with one before. Not a happy memory.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Liberal,

I've never heard of the possibility of exposing your dead relatives to demon possession by using the ouija board....do you have more information on that?

Also, Byrd, do you have more information about the "fact" that it is just one's subconscious that is answering? Maybe a link?

Personally, I think it is a bad idea to use a ouija board.....it is the unknown, and we have no idea who or what we are contacting when using it.

Faeryland

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
What we are really talking about, whether it is using the Tarot Cards or a Spirit/Ouija Board, is mediumship, i.e., relaying messages from the discarnate dimensions. Sigmund Freud, the long dead psychiatrist who came up with the whole idea of the mind consisting of the conscious, subconscious, and superconscious: did not accept the validity of the discarnate dimensions and that the soul exists prior to birth and after death. He was also an atheist. So his entire psycho-analytical paradigm (belief system) was slanted accordingly.

In my experience as a spiritual medium for many years, there is no subconscious aspect of the mind that creates dreams. When people go to sleep at night, they simply become more receptive to seeing and perceiving telepathic messages from those on the Other Side; messages that are often sheathed in symbolic representation. Most dreams are not helpful or spiritual because most on the Other Side (as with This Side) are not devoted to The Light.

When the energies channeled try to exert control and/or try to incite fear, then the connection needs to be broken. Hang up the call and try it again under better conditions, perhaps in another location, another day. Sincerely pray for spiritual guidance and be open to receiving that guidance in meditation and/or in a dream.

If used sincerely and objectively, the Ouija Board can provide insight. When used within a context of ridicule, as when Penn and Teller attempted to downplay its effectiveness, it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy of ineffectiveness. "Birds of a feather flock together." Those who project a negative aura on things like the Tarot and the Ouija Board, will feel empowered by and channel those of like negative mindset on the Other Side. So it isn't just the skepticism of the people on This Side that lessens channeling effectiveness but the conflict also includes a clash between those on the Other Side who genuinely wish to help (who are in the minority) versus those who wish to downplay the whole idea of existence outside the flesh. Which is funny when you think about it: Spirits trying to downplay the validity of Spirits.

There are an awful lot of discarnates that are trapped in the Lower Realms because they did not live spiritual lives of service to others and striving to live by The Golden Rule. So they pursue sadistic and deceptive pleasures, in part to spite The Light and those aligned with it; this ultimately results in them falling into the abyss of nonexistence.

"Evil contains the seeds of its own destruction."

One does not need an Ouija Board in order to be attacked by a Group Entity of evil people in the Lower Realms. I've counseled people who have been abused by one or more Group Entities and who did not use the Tarot Cards or a Spirit Board.

(From fast-rewind.com)

I'd like to see Penn and Teller do one of their BS episodes on the enigmatic "illusionists" known as Criss Angel and David Blaine. Part of their exposé should include them attempting to duplicate their more difficult "illusions" on city sidewalks and in restaurants, surrounded by people who are not paid off to go along with a deception.

[edit on 11-7-2005 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
If you don't believe in 'demons', you can be susceptible to them. They can put a thought in your head, and you have no choice but to think "How in the hell did that pop into my brain (dream, etc.)?"
This makes the thought your own, does it not?

The two extremes are :
Becoming fascinated with the possibility (which leaves you open to suggestion, as mentioned above)

or

Shutting out the idea completely, as our 'forum expert's of the Unfamiliar' have told us is the ONLY option.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Paul,

If I may be so bold...

How does one diagnose such a thing? What would be considered proof? Were you able to see the entities yourself, or were you counselling based upon what you were told by the patient? Perhaps more importantly, what qualifications does such a counsellor need? (the reason I asked that last question is simple - my grandfather was a self-proclaimed medium, and would advise many, many people in his village)

Also, the phenomena of such attacks seems to be, at best, along the same lines of the Satanic Abuse debacle of the 70s/80s; iow, very little substance but an awful lot of fodder. Would you be able to offer any evidence, so the rest of us can actually understand more about to what you're referring?

The most I can find, relating to Carla Moran (amongst others) are various "it's a hoax" sites, and a few sites claiming their own sources debunked the entire sorry mess.

Marcia Jedd's feelings on it

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
If Demons exist then i think that they would be able to manipulate you without an Ouija board, this doesn't happen in 99% of people so i think its down to the subconscious mind that provides these Demons.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faeryland
Also, Byrd, do you have more information about the "fact" that it is just one's subconscious that is answering? Maybe a link?

Straight Dope (and a lot of other sites and investigations):
www.straightdope.com...

Personally, I think it is a bad idea to use a ouija board.....it is the unknown, and we have no idea who or what we are contacting when using it.

If it worries you, don't use it. But (quite literally) hundreds of millions of people have used it since it was invented and there has been no mass plague of demons and no flocks of outrageously successful mediums. The occasional one, yes, but not millions.

And yeah, back when I was a believer (and by the way, I worked as a professional psychic), I did a lot of ouija board sessions. They were somewhat LESS accurate than the Tarot cards and astrology.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Pretty much YES, imo.

It isn't a good idea to solicit a spirit for info or contact, especially if one is under the influence of a substance.

I've never used a board but there was a room in my home that I felt extremely uncomfortable in even during the day. I had not felt strange about it before. I never told anyone until several years later and found that others felt the same way in the room. It turned out that my sister and friends had used a board in that room.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tinkleflower
Paul,

If I may be so bold...

How does one diagnose such a thing? What would be considered proof? Were you able to see the entities yourself, or were you counseling based upon what you were told by the patient? Perhaps more importantly, what qualifications does such a counselor need? (the reason I asked that last question is simple - my grandfather was a self-proclaimed medium, and would advise many, many people in his village)

If your grandfather, the medium, would advise many, many people, then he must have been respected and therefore must have held some truth and experience behind what he was doing.

Good prerequisites for a good adviser are: experience in the particular field, compassion, good communication skills, time-tested techniques for coping and/or resolving a particular problem, etc.

How does one know if one is in the presence of an evil/negative discarnate or group thereof?

Easy.

But I am sure that some will not want to hear this...

Every thought and feeling -- including hearing your own voice and dreams -- that are not willfully created: are channeled from Spirit.

The ramifications of the above statement may take a while to sink in. It completely contradicts the Freudian paradigm which constitutes the foundation of most of those in the psychiatry industry.

It means that whenever you have a negative, violent, disgusting, lusty, thought that justs "pop in there," that it was the result of the telepathic influence of one or more "deadbeat people" on the Other Side. Many in the flesh go through life tortured by their own thoughts (and under medication) because Sigmund Freud taught that all dreams and visions come from one part of the brain and not from Spirits. When you realize that many of your own thoughts are not your own, it greatly lessens your anxiety and improves your coping ability (without drugs). It also improves upon your ability to discern spirits.

The discarnate dimensions are all around us.

As far as experience is concerned with counseling people who have suffered from discarnate demonic attacks, I have had extensive, direct fieldwork in this area of life for many years. As with any area of discovery, with time and analysis comes learning.

Also, the phenomena of such attacks seems to be, at best, along the same lines of the Satanic Abuse debacle of the 70s/80s; iow, very little substance but an awful lot of fodder. Would you be able to offer any evidence, so the rest of us can actually understand more about to what you're referring?

Evidence from direct experience is abundant. Much like the phenomenon of Near Death Experiences, After Death Communications, and Zetan-alien abductions, there must be some truth behind it or you wouldn't have millions of people believing in it beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Evil people in the Spirit like to work through those of like mind in the flesh. Serial killers/rapists often talk about the "voices in their head" that prompted them to commit heinous crimes. Those "voices" are telepathic messages from sadistic deadbeats in the Spirit; they are not being generated from an area of the brain. The part of the brain where the voices are being "recorded" is only the final receiving end of the transmission. A soul in a body is likened to a radio. Most know that the music does not originate from the box but is appears to do so to those who are uninformed.

The morally/spiritually strong ones who may or may not also have a protective influence at times, reject or at least resist evil, sadistic thoughts when they are channeled into them. The morally/spiritual weak ones "go with the flow" and become (and find pleasure being) agents of evil -- to the sadistic contentment of those on the Other Side who work through them.

The most I can find, relating to Carla Moran (amongst others) are various "it's a hoax" sites, and a few sites claiming their own sources debunked the entire sorry mess.

Marcia Jedd's feelings on it

The Carla Moran story is really only one of millions who have had similar experiences at one time or another.

Would you like to tap into your own direct proof and memory of discarnate evil?

Remember your last nightmare, as all dreams are given from people on the Other Side

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bulldog 52
If Demons exist then i think that they would be able to manipulate you without an Ouija board...

Yes, I agree that discarnate evil does not need a Spirit Board to manifest a negative, manipulative, telepathic influence.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
":If Demons exist then i think that they would be able to manipulate you without an Ouija board"

The thinking goes:

Any 'demonic' entity does not want you to know it is demonic.

For it to manipulate you, you would have to NOT be suspicious, you have to "let it in"...

A wolf in sheep's clothing. So like I said earlier, you can be susceptible by writing off the possibility of demons, because then they already have a 'voice in your head' that you think belongs to you.

Even smart people get depressed. Hmmm... Should be evidence of SOMETHING!

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

And yeah, back when I was a believer (and by the way, I worked as a professional psychic), I did a lot of ouija board sessions. They were somewhat LESS accurate than the Tarot cards and astrology.

I too have worked as a professional psychic...

You touched upon a key point.

Being a medium of some kind, with or without a prop like the Ouija Board, is likened to being a human telephone.

Sometimes, through no fault of the channeler, you simply get a bad call.

We must all remember that most of the people "up there" are just as spiritually common as most of the people "down here." Just because you have the receptive ability to channel well does not mean that you will get accurate messages. Cultivating relationships in the Spirit that will reward you with accuracy on occasion, takes time, just as cultivating a spiritual relationship with someone in the flesh takes time.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
ha ha, my post has a better ID number
(1 and 5 5s)

(and then I took a look at THIS post's number
)

[edit on 12-7-2005 by akilles]

[edit on 12-7-2005 by akilles]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   
To be honest i don't know whether evil spirits can enter you if you use a board, what i can say is that in all my life i have never ever seen anything like a ghost or a ufo or anything paranormal.I believe that this is true for 99% of the population.There is the one percent who sees these things but without proof. I sleep soundly thinking the world is not driven by the other side.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join