It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Letter from Saddam Hussein to the American People

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
You have voted FlyersFan for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Originally posted by FlyersFan

What you fail to appreciate is that there is nothing 'ALLEGED' about
his 'wrongs'. He's a mass murderer. He used rape rooms and he stole
billions from his own people, causing them to go hungry and go without
medical care, so that he could build his dozens of palaces.

THIS is what America (and the coalition of the willing) has done for Iraq -

.. nearly all of Iraq's 400 courts are functioning.

.. the Iraqi judiciary is fully independent.

.. on Monday, October 6 power generation hit 4,518 megawatts - exceeding the prewar average.

.. all 22 universities and 43 technical institutes and colleges are open, as are nearly all primary and secondary schools.

.. by October 1, Coalition forces had rehab-ed over 1,500 schools - 500 more than scheduled.

.. teachers earn from 12 to 25 times their former salaries.

.. all 240 hospitals and more than 1200 clinics are open.

.. doctors salaries are at least eight times what they were under Saddam.

.. pharmaceutical distribution has gone from essentially nothing to 700 tons in May to a current total of 12,000 tons.

.. the Coalition has helped administer over 22 million vaccination doses to Iraq's children.

.. a Coalition program has cleared over 14,000 kilometers of Iraq's 27,000 kilometers of weed-choked canals which now irrigate tens of thousands of farms. This project has created jobs for more than 100,000 Iraqi men and women.

.. we have restored over three-quarters of prewar telephone services and over two-thirds of the potable water production.

.. there are 4,900 full-service telephone connections. We expect 50,000 by year-end.

.. the wheels of commerce are turning. From bicycles to satellite dishes to cars and trucks, businesses are coming to life in all major cities and towns.

.. 95 percent of all prewar bank customers have service and first-time customers are opening accounts daily.

.. Iraqi banks are making loans to finance businesses.

.. the central bank is fully independent.

.. Iraq has one of the worlds most growth-oriented investment and banking laws.

.. Iraq has a single, unified currency for the first time in 15 years.

.. satellite TV dishes are legal.

.. foreign journalists aren't on 10-day visas paying mandatory and extortionate fees to the Ministry of Information for minders and other government spies.

.. there is no Ministry of Information.

.. there are more than 170 newspapers.

.. you can buy satellite dishes on what seems like every street corner.

.. foreign journalists (and everyone else) are free to come and go.

.. a nation that had not one single element - legislative, judicial or executive - of a representative government, now does.

... in Baghdad alone residents have selected 88 advisory councils. Baghdad's first democratic transfer of power in 35 years happened when the city council elected its new chairman.

.. today in Iraq chambers of commerce, business, school and professional organizations are electing their leaders all over the country.

.. 25 ministers, selected by the most representative governing body in Iraq's history, run the day-to-day business of government.

.. the Iraqi government regularly participates in international events. Since July the Iraqi government has been represented in over two dozen international meetings, including those of the UN General Assembly, the Arab League, the World Bank and IMF and, today, the Islamic Conference Summit. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs today announced that it is reopening over 30 Iraqi embassies around the world.

.. Shia religious festivals that were all but banned, aren't.

.. for the first time in 35 years, in Karbala thousands of Shiites celebrate the pilgrimage of the 12th Imam.

.. the Coalition has completed over 13,000 reconstruction projects, large and small, as part of a strategic plan for the reconstruction of Iraq.

.. Uday and Queasy are dead - and no longer feeding innocent Iraqis to the zoo lions, raping the young daughters of local leaders to force cooperation, torturing Iraq's soccer players for losing games, or murdering critics.

.. children aren't imprisoned or murdered when their parents disagree with the government.

.. political opponents aren't imprisoned, tortured, executed, maimed, or are forced to watch their families die for disagreeing with Saddam.

.. millions of longsuffering Iraqis no longer live in perpetual terror.

.. Saudis will hold municipal elections.

.. Qatar is reforming education to give more choices to parents.

.. Jordan is accelerating market economic reforms.

.. the Nobel Peace Prize was awarded for the first time to an Iranian — a Muslim woman who speaks out with courage for human rights, for democracy and for peace.

.. Saddam is gone.

.. Iraq is free.

[edit on 7/11/2005 by FlyersFan]

You have voted FlyersFan for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
You have voted WestPoint23 for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

Originally posted by WestPoint23

The US soldiers are doing nothing to help their image.

Yup rebuilding infrastructure giving food and aid to the locals is only showing how evil we are.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
You have voted SportyMB for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month.

Originally posted by SportyMB

When I was in Afhganistan and the Philippines for OEF we would do all we can to help out the Locals.....in fact many units over in Iraq do the samething. You just do not see that stuff on TV. It does not sell...you should know this...the media will report what people want. People do not want to hear about me and my Marines playing soccer (football for all you non-Americans) with the locals....it just does not sell.

No, the US military is not designed as a peacekeeping force.....we are not there to keep peace, we are there to hopefully stabilize the area and train the Iraqis good enough to a point where they can police there own and build/maintain a working military/police force.

And I disagree, we have gave much to the Iraqis. My buddy in Iraq, his mom is a school teacher...anyways her school raised like money and boxes and boxes of goods and school supplies for the little Iraqis.

That's just one teacher and one school...almost all units there do things like that. Like you said it's the small things that counts

You have voted SportyMB for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I have nothing more to say, you three have said it best and I commend you for your desire to delete the vast amounts of ignorance that we see circulated on sites like this everyday. Keep up the good work.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
You have voted FlyersFan for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

I also try to post the good news from Iraq, but sadly, very few people seem interested in it. And then, when you do post it you are suddenly a warmongering neo-con. :-(

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I am extremely tied but will try to answer your points as best I can.

*removed text*
11.) You will not post advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or solicitations, all of which are inappropriate and prohibited by this website.

Regarding Sporty MB I have no idea how many schools and hospitals I’ve built. I doubt its any. But I have given £1000 of my own money towards the children of Iraq. Have you done that yet?

Have the only Iraqis that you and Westpoint met been the ones you see on Fox News? If anyone’s in the army take a chance and talk politics with them.
Yes Kurds hate Saddam, but Shia’s can be sympathetic and it was CNN that told me 60% of Sunnis still support him.
I have one friend serving in Basra and although it’s supposed to be friendly he is one of the people who has been telling me how much they really hate us. He’s said he never new they had so many reasons before he went out there.
Unfortunately he also said if you’re in the army most Iraqis with half a brain will not talk about politics with you (unless their saying they like you). So beware of this troops if you aren’t already.

I used to be very pro war but it’s the Iraq war that has shattered my “illusions”. I thought I knew all about Iraq and I believed in our system, that it made sense because media competition would deny ignorance and that therefore we lived in a truly functional democracy.
Only when I met an Iraqi called Hark who only avoided being killed by Saddam in the 80’s because he happened to be in England at the time. His cousin was not so lucky.
Yet he was still against the war. Not only that but as a former member of the Ba’th he told me good stuff about Saddam I had never known before and when I actually looked it up it was to my shock true.
It was only then realised just how messed things up where. If someone can teach me something I’m quite open to changing my view and even before researching my political delusions had virtually collapsed that night. Worse my mum who’s always been anti war was vindicated despite many fierce months of resistance.

Some of you seem worse than the way I was so I thought I would present you a challenge...
Google search type…
1. “Winston-Churchill gas-the-Kurds”
2. “British colonial-rule-of-Iraq”
3. “History-of-Kuwait”
4. “Uquair Protocol of 1922”
5. “Ba’th-party westernise-Arab-world” (not tested on Google yet)

I suggest but have not tested these word searchers in these words…
1. Shia’s-are Iraqi-majority (possibly wrong spelling for Shia)
2. Shia’s-are-fundamentalist
3. “Definition-of-Muslim-fundamentalist” or anti-western-fundamentalists
4. “Sunnis-are-secular
5. Saddam a-Sunni

1. Moving on I would like to point out to Flyston that the U.N was responsible for Iraq’s sanctions not Saddam (that’s why they were called U.N. sanctions, not Saddam-Sanctions). The U.N. imposed these sanctions on the understanding that Iraq had not got rid of its WMD’s. Given that Saddam unilaterally disarmed what more could he have done to have the sanctions removed?
2. I saw on TV Iraq officials like Tarigue Aziz (wrong spelling) say on CAN in desperate terms that Iraq had no WMD’s.
Tell me if Saddam benefited from sanctions didn’t he lose out when he got rid of his WMD’s? No wonder why people like you say he’s a mad man!
3. I strongly disagree with Westprint “for saying giving infrastructure to the Iraq people shows how evil we are”. Why do you think I said anything like that? Why not try taking the points I actually make on?

Research this
Iraqi-living-standards prior-to-1991

4. Iraq wouldn’t need rebuilding at all if it hadn’t gone through 12 years of sanctions.
5. Shame the troops do all the dirty work with the resistance detonating 449 bombs in the last year (last time I checked was 3 weeks ago).
6. By the way if there are any military types out there type “depleted-uranium” into Google.
Used in armour piercing weaponry because of high density DU has a half life of 4.2 billion years. It is for this reason that it not highly radioactive in the sense that only releases Alpha and Beta radiation. However when a shell hits target it vaporizes between 5000 and 10000 degrees, this causes the metal to turn into microscopic particles easily inhaled and it accumulates in food chain.
Once inside the body its particles the radiation will damage tissue at point blank range. Because alpha and beta particles have extremely high frequencies this radiation at close range can be more damaging than gamma rays.
If you research it more you will learn that U.S troops have “no right to claim for injuries received during combat”. But the U.S military is known to look after the affected troops and their handicapped kids anyway. However it has been observed that those U.S military personal who have complained to media have not been so lucky, and of course they have no legal claim.

In direct response to Flyerstone I would say…
1. Some people think Israel belongs to the Israelis because before 1948 it was theirs 20000 years ago. Well we have Roman foundations on our farm, so should we be worried about the Italians still owning it? Americans be very afraid of those native Indians!!!
2. Everybody seems to agree that Jews deserve a state. I would agree if only they actually paid the Palestinians for the land their state built on. If Jews can receive compensation 50 years on for Nazi crimes before 1945 (including confiscated property) why can’t the Palestinians claim for land taken from them since 1948? Israel should raise taxes to do this.
3. For every Israeli known to have died there at least another 9 dead Palestinians.
4. Some people think the Palestinians are always terrorists but without anything resembling an army wants choice do they actually have? Terrorism is wrong in my view because it causes more trouble than it is worth, but for Palestinians it has perhaps achieved some concessions.
5. Because Israel was founded in 1948 and without proper (if any) payment to Palestinians the Israelis have behaved worst than any immigrant dreamt up by the far right.

6. It may well be the case that AK47’s having never been made in America. Never did I claim that only that most of the weapons in Iraq used against us came from America. This is a fact. Look up on Google “U.S. supplied Saddam with weapons” or perhaps just “Iran-Iraq-war arms-sales” (I’ve checked none of these internet searches). But I do from research, conversation and British newspaper reading that Iraq once had the worlds 4th greatest army and was supplied primarily by the U.S. (who was its ally).

Wow now my hands are shaking. I was missing out words as I wrote and would love to give a few links I had checked out myself. But just do “the-Winston-Churchill gas-the-Kurds” and that will probably shock you enough. Might introduce you to a whole section of history you didn’t know was there because by being “confident” in media it becomes essential that our glorious fair and balanced mainstream media tells you something is there.
I guess I’m being lazy myself firstly for not getting links sorted, secondly for used to have been like that myself. But like I say I’m tied.
Despite thinking I already know my stuff I would say that if there’s anything you think I should be looking up (and don’t do some US child citizens guide to Iraq), then I would defiantly do both myself and you the honour of researching it (or at least most of it).

Oh: Looking up: “Ba’th-party-ideology”
And “Saddam-still-popular” might be good internet searches too.

A Jerry Springer Summary…
But regardless of what you do or don’t research, think or don’t think I will always respect all of you because the very fact that we are making an effort to communicate about this topic shows we all have an interest in politics. And what that means is that we all have some level of commitment to what’s right. When you exclude ego and the other selfish reasons that make most people appear as if they have a such a commitment; then you realise just how rare a commitment to what’s right is. Even if an interests in politics is a genetic personality trait, how we hold views can only be determined from what we absorb and interpret from our environment. The people who p*** me of the most are the ones are highly philosophical about things in a way that says “I’m nothing but a dumb smart arse”. Unless I’m being like that now then I’ve noticed no one yet who’s been like that tonight. Yours sincerely Alex

*removed text offering sale of items*

[edit on 11-7-2005 by dbates]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Have the only Iraqis that you and Westpoint met been the ones you see on Fox News? If anyone’s in the army take a chance and talk politics with them.

I have never met any Iraqis..well maybe a few in the states, but that's it. I was never in Iraq. And if it were not for the language barrier and time restraints I would be more than happy to talk politics, baseball and anything else that comes up. However I have talked to many other people from the middle east....still not Iraqis, but some of the views may be the same.

Regarding Sporty MB I have no idea how many schools and hospitals I’ve built. I doubt its any. But I have given £1000 of my own money towards the children of Iraq. Have you done that yet?

There are many ways to help out..some people help build, some write letters congressmen, some people go there and assist with hosipitals and some give money..it's all good, do what you can.
And no I have not gave 1000 dollars or pounds or any other monetary donations to Iraqis or any organization that supports them. I have bought toys, school supplies and other small items and gave them to some units that went to Iraq....they were collecting donations of stuff to bring over there. Personally I do not give money....money ends up missing and people do pocket a good percantage of the money in many organizations...not saying the one you give to does...but that's just my outlook on many of these "non-profit" organizations.

Just like all things, people focus on the negative.....one cop screws up and the whole department looks bad. It's like that in the military too. One guy messes up and we all get a black eye. The media does not report the good things we do over there in Iraq and in other places......like I said earlier, it does not sell. People wanna see suicide bombers and crazy soldiers, death and violence...they do not care about the other more important things that go on, and it affects the way people think...people do not get the big picture.

[edit on 11/7/2005 by SportyMB]

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlwaysLearning
but as much as Flyer Fan believes the neocon rhetoric
she spews in every forum mentioning Iraq

It's not neocon rhetoric. What I posted are FACTS.
Facts that should be educating all - including YOU since
your name is 'always learning'. Well ... learn something.
Read the facts, even if you don't like them.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Galvatron
They sit in their Humvees behind machine guns.
They march on patrol giving everyone the evil eye.

Actually, they sit in their Humvees giving out candy to children -
not 'the evil eye'

www.nynewsday.com...

And then the ones REALLY dishing out evil, the insurgents, blow up
the Americans giving out candy, and they blow up the children as well.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Liberal1984
I would like to point out to Flyston that the U.N
was responsible for Iraq’s sanctions not Saddam

FLYERSFAN.
Nope. It was Saddam. Saddam was totally responsible.
He invaded the soverign nation of Kuwait and had troops ready
to invade Saudi Arabia. He lost. He didn't follow ALL of the UN
mandates - ALL - not just WMD, but ALL. He kicked out UN inspectors.
He continually broke the UN rules about the No Fly Zone. etc. etc.
And he did have WMD - that's what he used to gas the Kurds.

(that’s why they were called U.N. sanctions, not Saddam-Sanctions).

They are called UN sanctions because they were imposed
by the UN that's all. The name has nothing to do with the fact that
they were were because of Saddam.

Tell me if Saddam benefited from sanctions

Absolutely. The freak found a way to continue to steal milk
from Iraqi babies ... it's called the OIL FOR FOOD scandal.
I'm sure you must have heard about it, or did you just put your
fingers in your ears and hum ever time it came up on the news?
BILLIONS he stole from the Iraqis. He paid off UN mucky mucks
and still kept billions for himself. He definately found a way to
benefit from sanctions.

didn’t he lose out when he got rid of his WMD’s?

1 - No he didn't loose out as I just showed you.
2 - The jury is still out on where the WMD are. It's
very possible that they are in Syria or buried in the
Iraqi sands. Time will tell.

In direct response to Flyerstone

Flyersfan. As in fan of the hockey team - the Philadelphia Flyers.

Everybody seems to agree that Jews deserve a state.

They do deserve a homeland. And they HAVE ONE. A soverign nation.
Even though the muslims hate it and radical lefties and anti-Jewish
people hate it. They have one. It's a soverign nation.

I would agree if only they actually paid the Palestinians
for the land their state built on.

So ... you don't think the Jews deserve their own homeland? There
are dozens of Muslim 'homelands' and yet the Jews don't deserve
their one, rather scrawny, piece of land? BTW - there is no such
thing as a country of Palestine. The Palestinians are migrants and
no one wanted the land the Jews immigrated to and built their
homes on.

For every Israeli known to have died there at least another
9 dead Palestinians.

I don't believe those numbers. Got any links to facts? Even if they
were true, then the Palestinian Authority is to blame. They could
have been living in a soverign nation side by side with Israel for
a decade now ... the Camp David accords with Bill Clinton were
rejected by Arafat. Why? Because Arafat didn't get all of Jerusalem
AND because the whole reason for the exhistence of the PA is
violence and hate. If there was peace, they would cease to exhist
and their power would be gone. ALL the blood flowing and death
is the responsibility of the Palestinian Authority. ALL of it. It all
could have been over a decade ago. The Jews had a dove in charge
and he gave the PA everything they wanted except they would have
to share Jerusalem.

Some people think the Palestinians are always terrorists but without anything resembling an army wants choice do they actually have?

Gee ... I dunnno' ... PEACE is a good choice! Accepting the Camp David
agreement that Bill Clinton came up with would have been a good
choice! Accepting the UN decision that Israel is a soverign country
would be a good choice.

A Jerry Springer Summary…

Jerry Springer is an idiot.

[edit on 7/13/2005 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Israel was founded in 1948 and without proper (if any)
payment to Palestinians

Try again. www.afsi.org...
Oh .. and many of the Jewish immigrants arrived back in
the Jewish homeland because HITLER kicked them out
of Europe and stole all their money. So -
#1 - They owed no one any money.
#2 - Hitler stole it all so the immgrants didn't have any.

All of which is off topic of the original post -
Sicko Saddam and his blathering to Americans.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   

11.) You will not post advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or solicitations, all of which are inappropriate and prohibited by this website

ALL information I posted was accurate and based upon information
provided by the US government -

UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF STATE.
www.usinfo.state.gov...

www.usaid.gov...

USAID: Assistance for Iraq - Accomplishments Overview
www.usaid.gov...

[edit on 7/13/2005 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Oh.. I'm sorry, I thought this thread was about the letters Saddam wrote..

My bad. I'll be moving along.

(Another thread ruined by off-topic war rhetoric.)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join