It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Show Crash Kills Two US Pilots - (With Pictures)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
The sad part is the man announcing the event was the son of one of the pilots who died.

This happened in my province.

[edit on 11-7-2005 by Dulcimer]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
What a senseless tragedy and an unnecessary risk. Why does this type of activity still go on? I don't understand the fascination in watching people perform near death acts. The same goes for Nascar/Formula 1 racing. I have no sympathy for people who want to drive mere inches from another vehicle going at high speeds and risking death or injury to themselves and possibly others.

brill

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Because the guys doing it love it. It's their choice to do this because they love to. Accidents will happen, as the pilots are only human. If it's something they love to do, then why shouldn't it go on? In 99% of airshow demonstrations the only person at risk is the pilot. Airshows here in the US forbid any manuver from taking place while the aircraft is flying towards the crowd. They can make turns, and accelerate but they can't perform a manuver.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I bet they all understand when undertaking this sort of job there is a large risk involved, as there is in all flying. Still, tragic. At least they went down in flight.

I'm may be a little mixed up, but isn't the cause they messed up and hit each other? (not to be crude)

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
They bumped, but it could have been from other causes than them messing up. All we know right now is that there was a collision. It could have been caused by air turbulence, the pilot overcorrecting after the manuver, etc. We don't know the ACTUAL cause yet.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Who were they? I was at an air show sunday
here in Schenectady, NY

BTW...those old bi-planes are HIGHLY modified for what they do.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
They were a group of guys who loved to fly biplanes, and do aerobatic manuvers. They got together and made a "team" that flew to different airshows and performed.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
And this is why it is extremely risky pull off air stunts at an airshow.

I would highly recommend that no one should ever do it.

[edit on 21-7-2005 by SuperTrashCan]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join