It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State of the art Machine Guns, Small Arms Developed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
There are new Army gadgets availeble for the Army,Navy

The Weapons have evolved and become more deadly then ever.

Sate of the art Anti-Terrorist machine guns.
CORNER SHOT

this weapon contains very high tech system enabling the gunner to have full controll on his victem.
Following Feartures

Detachable, quick connecting color video camera
Color video monitor with visible fixed crosshairs
Monitor hood and sleeve
Video out socket
Tactical light source and beam shaper
Quick-change battery housing
Upper universal accessory rail
Folding stock
Dust-tight and protected against water jets
Complete with tactical soft carry case, user's manual and a set of maintenance and cleaning tools

Boeing's new secret test stealth tech.

Boeing has unveiled the "Bird of Prey" technology demonstrator - a once highly classified project that pioneered numerous aircraft design, development and production technologies during the 1990's. New stealth concepts, rapid prototyping techniques and cost-effective 3-D virtual reality design and assembly processes were among the technologies pioneered by the bat-like Bird of Prey that have since become industry standards, removing the need to keep the aircraft's existence a secret.

The subsonic, single-seat technology demonstrator, the aircraft completed 38 test flights as part of its flight-demonstration program. Its first flight took place in fall 1996. Bird of Prey has a wingspan of approximately 23 feet and a length of 47 feet, and weighs nearly 7,400 pounds. Powered by a Pratt & Whitney JT15D-5C turbofan engine, the Bird of Prey has an operational speed of 260 knots and a maximum operating altitude of 20,000 feet.

"Early investments in technology demonstration projects such as Bird of Prey have positioned Boeing to help shape our industry's transformation," said Jim Albaugh, president and CEO of Boeing Integrated Defense Systems. "With this aircraft, we changed the rules on how to design and build an aircraft, and what we've learned is enabling us to provide our customers with affordable, high-performing products. Projects such as Bird of Prey have provided the catalyst for integrating speed, agility and reduced cost into the processes we employ to introduce new commercial and military systems to market."

The Bird of Prey is closely related to the Boeing X-45A Unmanned Combat Air Vehicle currently under development, which also has stealth capabilities.

Boeing steps in the future of Air combat.

'Target confirmation, arm and release consent.' With those three commands from its human operator, a Boeing X-45A unmanned combat aircraft made aviation history by releasing an inert (non-explosive) Global Positioning System-guided Small Smart Bomb and hitting a ground target at the US Naval Air Warfare Center Weapons Division Range in California in mid-April (2004).

'For the first time, an unmanned combat system has demonstrated that it can successfully deliver precision weapons on target,' said Boeing Integrated Defense Systems President and CEO Jim Albaugh.

'Unmanned systems like the X-45 are well suited for high-risk missions like the suppression of enemy air defense and precision strike. Once fully developed, these systems will provide commanders with effective and affordable solutions that compliment and support fighters on the ground, in the air, or at sea.'

During the test an operator authorised release, and when the aircraft determined it was within range the Joint Unmanned Combat Air Systems (J-UCAS) X-45A technology demonstrator dropped the guided 250-pound weapon from its internal weapons bay at 35,000 ft. and 0.67 Mach (approximately 442 mph). The aircraft autonomously performed all manoeuvres, bay door operations, and weapon-away release sequences under human operator supervision.

The next major milestone for the X-45 J-UCAS program will be the demonstration of multiple-vehicle coordinated flight. That event will take place following a series of single-vehicle checkout operations and coordinated flights between an X-45A and a manned T-33.

The X-45C, a much larger version of the A model, is being built by Boeing IDS in St. Louis, with its first flight scheduled for mid-2006. The J-UCAS X-45 program is a Defence Advanced Research Projects Agency/U.S. Air Force/U.S. Navy/Boeing effort to demonstrate the technical feasibility, military utility and operational value of an unmanned air combat system for both the Air Force and the Navy.

A unit of The Boeing Company, Integrated Defence Systems is one of the world's largest space and defence businesses. Headquartered in St. Louis, Boeing Integrated Defence Systems is a $27 billion business. It provides systems solutions to its global military, government and commercial customers. It is a leading provider of intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance; the world's largest military aircraft manufacturer; the world's largest satellite manufacturer and a leading provider of space-based communications; the primary systems integrator for U.S. missile defence; NASA's largest contractor; and a global leader in launch services.

EMP weapons are being developed by Asian nations.

By Joseph Farah
© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

WASHINGTON – In the latest evidence Iran is seriously planning an unconventional pre-emptive nuclear strike against the U.S., an Iranian military journal has publicly considered the idea of launching an electromagnetic pulse attack as the key to defeating the world's lone superpower.

Congress was warned of Iran's plans last month by Peter Pry, a senior staffer with the Commission to Assess the Threat to the United States from Electromagnetic Pulse Attack in a hearing of Sen. John Kyl's subcommittee on terrorism, technology and homeland security.

In an article titled, "Electronics to Determine Fate of Future Wars," the journal explains how an EMP attack on America's electronic infrastructure, caused by the detonation of a nuclear weapon high above the U.S., would bring the country to its knees.

And Europe news there is a secret study of a new generation system called the Nuclear sub bomb, its sole perpuse is used in the sea to destroy,
on the water and in the water, it has a intail small amount of nuclear substance, and has a kill range of 1 mile or more, this hardware will never be reveald, and its source states it is already in testing and is unmanned submarine shape it has satlite comm or indimendant navi.

Sources
www.http...://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.aspARTICLE_ID=44017
www.gizmag.co.uk...
www.gizmag.co.uk...

[edit on 10-7-2005 by Interseptor]

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Your first link is written wrong. Can you correct it please? Thanks!

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Thanks for stating this error.

this the source

www.worldnetdaily.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 06:29 AM
link   
The first corner shooting weapon i have seen since the modded ppsh 41's and STG44's. About time i say.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
That may be but now they are in use and are being bought and sold, except the stealth stuf, these weapons are in the anti terrorist squade already.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I hope you realize that the only thing that actually shoots in the cornershoot weapon design is the little tiny semi-auto pistol on top. So its hardly a machinegun, not even a rifle, and certainly no such thing as an "Anti-Terrorist Weapon", because no such thing exists.

And I wonder how accurate one could shoot with that gear, since the camera is more than 10 cm below the pistol muzzle...

[edit on 11/7/2005 by Lonestar24]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Looks great; thanks for the picture interseptor

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I just realized that it looks like they put a light and camera then mounted a 9mm or 45 with a silencer over them. Interesting idea. I like it.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I did state that feature, and this weapon is for sale btw

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
hmmmm .... looking at the design, I would have to say that it is evolutionary rather than revolutionary ... in fact, given todays technology, a decent machinest/fabricator could create a similar corner "mount" for a handgun ... and the electronic imaging system ... be aproximated with consumer available electronics ...

LCKob

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
LCKob rifles which can shoot around corners already existed in ww2.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomcat ha
LCKob rifles which can shoot around corners already existed in ww2.

Yes, you are quite right, I do recall seeing photos of such ... the point I was trying to make is that the design as posted in the picture is really being hyped the wrong way or perhaps misrepresented ... what I meant by "evolutionary" was that the design is really just taking existing tech and repackaging it for different functionality.

LCKob

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I think reinventing the wheel is something more suitable than evolutionairy.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by tomcat ha
I think reinventing the wheel is something more suitable than evolutionairy.

That works too ... but for the fact that it is a "better wheel" than the models made during WWII ... so in essense its an introduction of a more refined model of a gun that shoots around corners ... thus evolutionary (but still mundane and unremarkable for all its hype).

... but of course this is all semantics ... I get the drift of what you are saying.

LCKob

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
well this isnt the latest in sale i just went a day go to defence review SEEN some rewiews of upcoming tech in guns at a defence exibition and the Israeli have cooked some high tech stuff well worth seeing, I could not take photos because of restrictions, the weapon was more dangerouse then any other weapon on earth with exploding ammo, this seemed to able to take down a tank.

well I cant really describe the weapon exacaly but the the weapon compared in size of a MP5A2.

top topics

join