It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Police Are Out in Full Force! Do You Feel Protected or Invaded???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
It has been my observation that since the London Attacks that the Police in my area have been out in Force here in America. I understand that We were quickly moved to "Elevated" Terror alert, and that the police being everywhere is supposed to be a detterant to the terrorists...but I do not feel confortable with there being this many cops on the streets with the right to pull anyone they want over.

I live in America in the State of New Jersey. New Jersey is known as the Suberb of NYC. I am located near the Northern Jersey Beaches and 2 major highways are near me. I always throught that the American Beaches would be the perfect place to release a Bio-Weapon... but i hope they didn't think of that!

Since the 7-7 attacks the police have been everywhere. Say i drive to the local Taco Bell, about 5 blocks from me... I would come accross at least 2 cop cars, and just recently I have was pulled over, and released after they had no reason to pull me over, but while they were interrogating me they asked if I had any drugs in the car or in my possesion. They were fishing for a reason to arrest me. When i drive to and from the shore you can see someone pulled over ever mile or so. What is the cost of Security you ask? Its your freedom.

Now I know that the people they were pulling over WERE NOT TERRORISTS, because while driving by I could see they were ordinary everyday White People.

So lets get this strait... The terrorists attack london, and the USA raises its guard to Elevated... to serve the purpose of HANDING OUT MORE TICKETS!!!

I know that the police being out there is supposed to make me feel safe... But it Doesn't. It Doesn't because they aren't doing anything to prevent Terrorism. It makes me feel invaded, and personally I want my Freedom Back!

How do you feel America? Do you feel that the Extra Police are for Security? or are they for "Revenue" from the extra tickets they hand out?

Please Report ... extra police units in your area, and what they are doing to prevent terror. Or are they just handing out more tickets where you live too?

Please Report or Reply.

[edit on 10-7-2005 by Where2Hide2006]

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
It hasn't been that long, but I think I see more cops hanging around the entries to the subway which I think is a good thing. I don't feel intimidated by them at all.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
You've made interesting quotes. police out in full force, handing out more tickets than ever...Again i ask, who benefits immensly from any terror?
Its all there for you in black and white.

Chaos brings money to the government even if they have to pay the police they still make out like bandits.
They're crazy. A little terror and we, the citizens are ALL under suspicion.
Dont close the borders, though. That would make too much sense.

No wonder people act as if they dont care. Whats the point? They've messed with our minds so much and so frequently that most just dont care at all. Precicely what they want.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Where2Hide2006

I live in America in the State of New Jersey. New Jersey is known as the Suberb of NYC. I am located near the Northern Jersey Beaches and 2 major highways are near me. I always throught that the American Beaches would be the perfect place to release a Bio-Weapon... but i hope they didn't think of that!

Since the 7-7 attacks the police have been everywhere. Say i drive to the local Taco Bell, about 5 blocks from me... I would come accross at least 2 cop cars, and just recently I have was pulled over, and released after they had no reason to pull me over, but while they were interrogating me they asked if I h
ad any drugs in the car or in my possesion.
Now I know that the people they were pulling over WERE NOT TERRORISTS, because while driving by I could see they were ordinary everyday White People.

OK so the north Jersey beach, I'll assume Sandy Hook area Seabright maybe?
I 'm also on the Jersey shore Long Beach Island area (Loveladies, and damn I do).

Anyhow this is a common sight in the summer with extra police, especially at the shore. The thing that bothers me is that every car I see pulled over by the police has a hot chick in it while old overweight broads are broke down on the bridge flagging down help and the police just pass them by.

I don't think it's a matter of an elevated alert unless the police are more alert that young girls are flocking the beach and this is their opportunity to inflate their ego.

No offense intended to the good officers who pull criminals over and keep their hands out of their pockets.

[edit on 10-7-2005 by Lanotom]

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Its obvious to me Lanotom that this is More than in previous seasons. I have been living here at the Jersey Shore all of my life and I have never seen it this bad. I have always seen increased activity in the summer, but comeon they are everywhere! They are like locusts.

Its almost like the cops are the wolves hunting in packs just sitting on the side of the road, until they see their pray. While us, Deer, are just moving along hoping not to get pulled over. Its a little scary... and I have no reason to be worried.

And it doesn't make me feel any safer from terror... just more affraid of my government.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
You've made interesting quotes. police out in full force, handing out more tickets than ever...Again i ask, who benefits immensly from any terror?
Its all there for you in black and white.

Chaos brings money to the government even if they have to pay the police they still make out like bandits.

Uh, you're saying running a civilian police force is a profit making endeavour?

I'm sure there's a couple hundred thousand townships, counties, and municipalities across the US and Canada that would *love* to hear your theories on this so they can start profiting from what is currently one of their largest expenditures (roads, schools, fire depts, police are the 4 biggest expense items to Canadian cities).

If you are a tax payer, and you own your own home/property you would already have a good idea of just where your tax money is going. I suspect you aren't.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Uh, yes CAtherder, the traffic ticket is a money scam.

A couple of years ago, guess what was directly connected to the judge's payraise in Alabama? Uh-huh, you guessed it; court costs. Guess what went up, and guess what there is more of, now? Right again, court costs, and citations.
My municiple coutroom makes a tens of thousands of dollars per month on traffic citations, many of which are bogus, and otehr crimes that are adjudicated with fines.

I pay taxes, I own stuff, I go to council meetings and the mayor knows my freakin' name. I suspect you assume too much.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I for one feel very protected every time they pull me over for excessive tinting. I mean, what a good value for my tax dollars. I mean, they could be rounding up hookers or drug pushers, but they focus on me. I love the police!

Rit

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   
What is the big deal if you get pulled over? Do you have something to hide?

Would you refuse a search?

Your serving the terrorists means.

I can handle the police pulling me over now and again and searching. AS long as they are polite and respectful.

I have nothing to hide and I would rather be somewhat safer then hit with a carbomb next time I drive in a tunnel or over a bridge.

[edit on 10-7-2005 by Rit]

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Its good to get pulled over. I have nothing to hide, and i get all warm and fuzzy whenever it happens. Ticket me as you wish, have cameras following me all over town....If you are not a criminal or here illegaly, this shouldnt bother me, right?

Some of you are too far gone, IMHO

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Well it bothers!~

Also, my town which is small maybe 2 or 3 square miles has over a dozen police officers. Their job is to write tickets to speeders on the highway. I'm ok with that.

When that start pulling over people who aren't speeding, or breaking the law...That is an invasion of my privacy.

then they have the balls to ask me if i have any drugs in the car!

If they wanted to search my car i would have hit the office over the head with the 4th amendment to the constitution... but then I would probably be tasered to death for resisting arrest.

We are giving the police too much power... and they are using it against us. And not the terrorists, which was the reason we gave them more power to begin with.

This makes me sick that some of you are ok with this!

And no I am not playing into the terrorists hands... I actually want the police to be targeting muslims, to make sure we are safe. Not giving out more tickets so the police can have a bigger Policeman's Ball at the end of the year

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   
"...not terrorists...but ordinary everyday WHITE people..."

Well, well, well. The party of "tolerance and diversity" rears its ugly liberal head again. Aren't YOU the RACIST bastard!

Tell me, how do you describe, exactly, what a terrorist looks like? Other than blacks, asians, hispanics, middle eastern, slavic, or Canadian of course. Hmmm?

Police CANNOT pull you over for NO reason. If you truly feel that way, then fight every speeding/parking/fix-it/unsafe driving ticket you get. Take it right back to court, throw it in their face, make then prove you did nothing at all. Whining about it does nothing....unless you actually were speeding/illegally parked, was really broken/driving like a fool.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   
here in minneapolis, mn..the pole leaz are also out in force...a much higher number on the trains in town checking tickets.... alot of overtime for the cops.....

as far as cops pulling you over for 'no reason'...there is always a reason, no matter how fabricated it is. I know because i worked in law enforcement. sorry to burst any bubbles but it does happen everyday, every hour. so this doesn't surprise me link

get ready for the new face of law enforcement....which will now be changed from law enforcement to everybody is guilty enforcement

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Ticket me as you wish, have cameras following me all over town....If you are not a criminal or here illegaly, this shouldnt bother me, right?

Some of you are too far gone, IMHO

Let me guess, you do not live in London?

Just how many cameras monitor the streets, subways, and corners of London, anyhow? I lost count when I visited there last year.

As for the the other mentions by some in this topic, I think most of you are simply overly paranoid or talking it up.
Anyhow, thats my take on this...

seekerof

[edit on 10-7-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 11:45 PM
link   
the police are there to protect the law not you don't forget that ,they raise ticket fines every year it seams .your locale cop is nothing more than a shake down artist trying to get you for as many tickets and charges as he or she can get...put it this way..if i see a crime i do not call a cop why you ask? cause cops just bring more trouble with them.most cops i have encounterd act like higher forms of human beings ,like their better than you.all i have to say is ---- the police!!! ps. pet peave (domestic dispute) please poor people do not call the police cause you do not have the cash and someone is going to jail then there is charges and fines and court costs and guess what?you are poorer or in stinkin jail...great!

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 12:05 AM
link   
"What is the big deal if you get pulled over? Do you have something to hide?

Your serving the terrorists means."

No, my friend, YOU'RE serving the terrorists means!!! Getting pulled over for no reason, getting searched for no reason, giving up your basic civil liberties is against everything the founders fought for!! Somebody plug in here the famous Ben Franklin quote about giving up freedom and liberty for security........

"I can handle the police pulling me over now and again and searching. AS long as they are polite and respectful. "

So, if the cops pull you over, and sexually violate you, you're okay with that too, eh?

Vulgar content edited, leaving the intent of the post intact.

[edit on 11-7-2005 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rit
What is the big deal if you get pulled over? Do you have something to hide?

Your serving the terrorists means.

I think you are reading way too far into what I said. I get pulled over all the time, and never get a ticket because I do comply and always am respectful.

As far as terrorists go, I dont serve them. In fact, I support complete obliteration of the Middle East.

Dont presume that you know what I mean by taking me too literal. If you cant read sarcasm, I suggest at least a minor brushing up on some popular literature.

Rit

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by BANGINCOLOR
"What is the big deal if you get pulled over? Do you have something to hide?

Your serving the terrorists means."

No, my friend, YOU'RE serving the terrorists means!!! Getting pulled over for no reason, getting searched for no reason, giving up your basic civil liberties is against everything the founders fought for!! Somebody plug in here the famous Ben Franklin quote about giving up freedom and liberty for security........

"I can handle the police pulling me over now and again and searching. AS long as they are polite and respectful. "

So, if the cops pull you over, drop your pants and stick a dick up your ass, you're okay with that too, eh?

Your right the US Constitution says that in order for them to be able to search my automobile they would need a search warrant from a real appointed judge who is sworn under oath.

I said I personally didnt have a problem if I go into the police station one day and tell them "hey anytime you guys see me driving around if you have any suspicion at all and you want to search my car, you would have my permission".

It doesnt mean I want to give up my civil rights, because I dont.

I have been illegally searched numerous times without my permission as a 16-18 year old who had just gotten my license when I didnt want to be searched.

What should I do? Blow up the police station?

Or goto the police station and say "Hey you assholes searched my car illegally numerous times I want to file a complaint". I have tried.

You cant win. They will give you the "Durr durr we had reasonable suspicions you were dealing drugs, had a weapon, a kidnapped hostage in your trunk, and we got a phone call from an anonymous source".

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by BANGINCOLOR

So, if the cops pull you over, and sexually violate you, you're okay with that too, eh?

This gets my vote for quote of the month!!!!

Either way, this guy has no idea. He claims, I suppose, that if you dont cooperate that your siding with terrorists. Total horse crap. That would mean that all the chases I get to see on TV are because those guys support Terrorism?????? I think they are just trying to get away!!!

The same vulgarity is edited from quote.

[edit on 11-7-2005 by Thomas Crowne]

Rit

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I agree. Running beats going to prison. I dont blame them.

I have been arrested. Never again. I dont like being handcuffed and put in a locked room. And I was falsely arrested for a crime I never committed even. When I was 16, for supposedly stealing a 12 pack of beer from a neighbor.

But it was entirely someone else who confessed to it after the fact.

And the US Constition says no person shall be deprived life liberty and pursuit of happiness without due process of law. Which is a trail by jury.

I never got a trial by jury before I was arrested.

So yes they are corrupt. And new laws with less civil liberties will only make it worse.

[edit on 11-7-2005 by Rit]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join