It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO UK hacker guy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Remember that UK Pentagon UFO hacker guy? Well here's his first interview:

"What was the most exciting thing you saw?" I ask.

"I found a list of officers' names," he claims, "under the heading 'Non-Terrestrial Officers'."

"Non-Terrestrial Officers?" I say.

"Yeah, I looked it up," says Gary, "and it's nowhere. It doesn't mean little green men. What I think it means is not earth-based. I found a list of 'fleet-to-fleet transfers', and a list of ship names. I looked them up. They weren't US navy ships. What I saw made me believe they have some kind of spaceship, off-planet."

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Is there a link to the entire interview?

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
it was with The Guardian newspaper. Sounds like the guy has an active imagination.

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   

He sounds to me like a virtuoso hacker.

No, he sounds like someone using sub7 and other exploit programs.

My question is, WHY WAS HE SMOKING DOPE THE ENTIRE TIME !

What a moron. Can't even remember what he saw.

[edit on 10-7-2005 by Dulcimer]

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer

He sounds to me like a virtuoso hacker.

No, he sounds like someone using sub7 and other exploit programs.

My question is, WHY WAS HE SMOKING DOPE THE ENTIRE TIME !

What a moron. Can't even remember what he saw.

[edit on 10-7-2005 by Dulcimer]

and it turns out the NASA stuff he saw isnt even classified. What a numpty. He probably didnt see that much and is trying to make it out that he did see some important stuff so that everyone doesnt think he's a total idiot for doing all that for 5 years and finding nothing of interest.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
The funny part is nobody would ever care or believe what he found. He could have found solid irrefutable proof and he would still be labeled what he already has been. The moment it came out that his motives were to discover evidence of a coverup everyone instantly made up their minds, and no ammount of proof can change that.

As for the comments on his abilities and skills hes nothing more than a script kiddie who caught a bunch of easy targets. I would honestly be suprised if he even knows how to code in ANY languages let alone C/C++ and have the knowledge to generate shellcode for his own exploits.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
That's the key. As long as the government never comes out and discloses anything, it doesn't matter what information anyone "finds". So I think the only concrete thing will be if someone finds a dead alien or takes a picture of a crashed UFO before military personal show up and are able to show it to the public...

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   

The funny part is nobody would ever care or believe what he found. He could have found solid irrefutable proof and he would still be labeled what he already has been. The moment it came out that his motives were to discover evidence of a coverup everyone instantly made up their minds, and no ammount of proof can change that.

Being stoned doesn't exactly help one's credibility either....

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Being stoned doesn't exactly help one's credibility either....

He's from here in Glasgow and a stoner. I've met plenty of them. He probably couldnt understand half the stuff he read.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by soapydodger
it was with The Guardian newspaper.

Thank you. I tried a quick google search for it and didn't find anything.

Sounds like the guy has an active imagination.
He probably didnt see that much...
He probably couldnt understand half the stuff he read.

These statements are puerile. It's not the fact that you left such a dull statement, but three times. You're belittling the fact that he gained access to government computers that may have contained classified information.

How do the people who are parroting the statement "none of the computers that Gary hacked into contained classified information" know without a doubt that this statement is true? The truth is that we will never know. So you latch onto this statement? How un-conspiracy oriented!

The sad truth is hackers/crackers all over the world are doing this, as is stated in the article:

NetStat - Network Status - and it lists all the connections to that machine. There were hackers from Denmark, Italy, Germany, Turkey, Thailand ..

I'm certain that foreign military and government agencies have people doing this 24/7 for intelligence purposes. The US goes after the civilian, the little guy who can't hide in the briar while the ones who can (and do) actually use the information continue on. If anything they should be thanking him for leaving messages on their computers alerting them to the fact that their computers had been compromised.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I was just saying from that interview the most interesting thing he found was non-classified.

Anytime somebody tells me they were toodrunk/stoned or whatever to remember what they did especially in this case it makes me believe he either saw nothing of interest or didnt understand what he saw.

He just sounds like a story telling stoner to me. Thats my view. It doesnt really matter what he saw because that interview says he cant remember most of it anyway.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   

article above
Given that the justice department has announced that the information Gary downloaded was not "classified", and he was stoned much of the time, perhaps we can assume that Nasa is not too worried about his "discoveries".

What do you think could be happening?

He may be discrediting himself as an act of capitulation and to try to stay out of jail. Sounds like he's pretty scared and might be willing to submit.

The statement that the data he downloaded was non-classified is contrary to many of the charges that are being brought against him.

[edit on 11/7/2005 by Seth76]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   
well find out what happens. I think his extradidtion hearing is in two weeks.

I personaally think he's after a book deal.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I just want to take a few seconds to clear up some information from the article regarding the other hackers supposedly logged into the system. First off the command netstat doesnt show what is going on so much as what host/ip is connected to the sytem, the remote and local ports, and the state of the connection. It gives very little information about the connections other than what type connection such as SSH, HTTP, Telnet, FTP, etc. Depending on what the servers he was logged into a the time were designed to do he could have been looking at all the connections of people browsing a website hosted on the server, or perhaps sending email. If he was interpreting the netstat command to be who was logged in and messing about with the system, then I think its safe to say this guy is a novice at best but more likely n00b/skiddie. And just for those wondering next time your playing around in linux/unix try the commands w, who, and top, they will give you a much better idea of whats going on than netstat ;D

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
alternateheaven:

From what I have read Gary looked for exploitable windows computers with no administrative passwords. netstat -a would provide the information. I check for trojans on client computers with netstat -a -b.

You're right about the *nix commands though.

[edit on 11/7/2005 by Seth76]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   
What's with the attacks in this kid's competence at hacking? Is that what this thread is about? If he lacks the ability and intelligence to hack into government computer (which is what a few here are assuming, (do I detect a hint of jealousy?)) then why are these charges being brought against him in the first place?

Guardian Unlimited

He currently faces 20 charges in the US, including stealing computer files, obtaining secrets that might have been "useful to an enemy", intentionally causing damage to a protected computer, and interfering with maritime navigation equipment in New Jersey. Last month he attended extradition proceedings at Bow Street magistrates court - he had, the American prosecutors said, perpetrated the "biggest military computer hack of all time". He "caused damage and impaired the integrity of information ... The US military district of Washington became inoperable and the cost of repairing the shutdown was $700,000 ... These [hacking attacks] occurred immediately after 9/11 ... " And so on.

Seriously now...

[edit on 11-7-2005 by CloudlessKnight]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by CloudlessKnight
What's with the attacks in this kid's competence at hacking? Is that what this thread is about? If he lacks the ability and intelligence to hack into government computer (which is what a few here are assuming, (do I detect a hint of jealousy?)) then why are these charges being brought against him in the first place?

Seriously now...

[edit on 11-7-2005 by CloudlessKnight]

its not his intelligence that gets me. Its the fact the only worthwhile thing he can remember is unclassified material about a bunch of astronauts. If your going to hack NASA for God sake dont do when you are stoned. He's probably getting done for a load of stuff he cant remember seeing. There's no point in prosecuting him. The boy will be clueless as to what hid did and didnt see.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
As a drug user I would like to say that the fact that he smokes dope shouldn't alter his credibility at all. I really don't understand why it would? Caus' it doesn't affect your intelligence, at least, not permenantly.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by cownosecat
As a drug user I would like to say that the fact that he smokes dope shouldn't alter his credibility at all. I really don't understand why it would? Caus' it doesn't affect your intelligence, at least, not permenantly.

The guy himself said he was that stoned all the time while hacking that he cant remember most of what he saw. That sounds like a story teller to me.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   

The guy himself said he was that stoned all the time while hacking that he cant remember most of what he saw. That sounds like a story teller to me.

I'm the pope! I'm the Pope! I'm the pope!

Do you get it now SD?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join