It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seen or believe in UFO's? People think you are weird.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faeryland
Even though I have never witnessed ufos or anything like it.....I still keep an open mind. Besides, as many say, why should we be the ONLY intelligent beings in the Universe?

I realize that not everyone is as open-minded as myself, but I believe that you cannot live life worrying about what everyone else thinks of you.

Heres part of the problem. Yes its completely possible for their to be other intelligent beings somewhere in the universe, but what automatic connection to Unidentified Flying Objects do they have?
The popular consciousness has UFO equal to Alien spaceship, which is simply not the case.
It is impossible to not believe in UFOs as it is an undeniable fact things which cannot be identified are seen in the skies.
People should be wise enough to realise that by admitting believeing in UFOs they are not automatically some fringe Alien contactees.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I agree people will think you are crazy if you say you believe/saw in(a) ufo.

I don't know if all of you are young people speculating on what the world and universe is all about (which is a good thing) or some of you are a little bit older...But when my husband saw a large triangle craft in the '80's...we only told my sister and brother in law...probably they thought he was looney toons...My husband actually could hardly believe what he saw himself!!!Thought maybe he was hallucinating??? I think more people believe because more people have seen them.....

My husband's sighting was clear up close...there could be no question it was something not documented in public archives to be US military. It wasn't like seeing a light moving that you wondered what if.--Also I know people in the Air Force with Security clearance that were told that there were alien craft held by the US--True or not I don't know.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Umbrax, your sighting looks very similar to what I saw.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I saw multiple objects that looked basically the same. I understand that what you saw was probably larger than it appears in your photos.

Indeed I am very close to Mexico and I have had a couple of lesser sightings closer to the border.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
i think the best answer to this is from a show i once saw. i cannot remember the authors name but he said to ask youself this question.
do you believe in mind control of the masses(in terms of the ufo issue)?
if the person answers no, ask them what is the first thing that people think of when you say ufos. guess what they think you are crazy.
this is becuase the media etc... have have force feed the public on the subject of ufos with all these stories and that stories(tabloid stories) and associated the word crazy with that subject.
so the answer to the question about mind control, asked in the program is, of course there is huge amounts of mind control going on with various means, and especially in the ufo subject.
i always find that these people that do not believe in something as simple as people do not think for themselves, why bother what they think.
another good example is i was watching a jim marrs vid last night and he got the audience on a good footing for his speech by asking them very simple questions, like how long did the 100 years war last etc.. only one in the audience knew how long that war lasted(that spoke out anyway), his point being was that what people believe to be true often is not. he also has another good saying is, if you try to make a judgement on an issue with information that is wrong you cannot ever come to the right true conclusions(so this fits in well with the thing i was saying first about mind control in the ufo issue)
so if i was speaking to someone about ufos and they called me that, i would just either just not bother because in the first place they have no evidence to say that it is wrong and all the conditioning that is along with this subject, makes me to believe you make that statement because you have false facts(things you believe are true) in your head.
and lastly i would say to them that i have investigated this issue, and know that i have tried my best to try to get to all available facts(all those others just watch tabloid ufo shows and think i am talking about aliens abducting people for sexual experiments etc.. you know what i mean, i try to only look into the serious aspects) and i have not got a closed mind like you who justs watching progs like mtv or eastenders or friends or something.
i know from what i have experienced in my life that people do not know jack about what is going on around them, like for instance if a group of people group together to harress or bully someone and never stop, those people do not think that is a conspiracy(just shows how clueless they are). need i say more about what people think and why should i even bother with, to put in simply terms, closed minded people.
and finally if all else fails i always remember that we live in a universe of probably close to infinity space as can be which also is filled to the rim of suns and planets(we assume), which most scientists accept must have life somewhere.

[edit on 12-9-2005 by andy1033]

[edit on 12-9-2005 by andy1033]

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   
when I person tell PPL they saw an alien or a UFO he is Crazy
But, when you tell then he Saw an Angel and god have spoken to him, then he are not crazy,
I never talk about UFO with my friends, not taking that chance to get stamp lika a weerdo

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Hehe, yeah I recognize that

I've just started in a new school and somehow we got in to the subject of UFOs and I told them briefly about the Hill's abduction, then someone said something, don't remember what (probably something like "Wow..." but still doubting).
Then someone asked how they do all those UFO pics and the reply was in line wiith "They just put up a lamp or something and take a picture", but I didn't say anything since I didn't want to look "insane", so I'll let em' think that all UFOs are lamps

For now anyway

[edit on 12-9-2005 by Phood]

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
7PM EST Naked Science
Alien Contact
Monday, September 12

10PM EST UFOs
UFOs
Monday, September 12

Both shows are on the National Geographic Channel TONIGHT!!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join