It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

are the jinn, reptilians?

page: 1
1
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I was browsing through some islamic site the other day, its a progressive site, and has some great articles. One however, i thought warranted mention on here.

Now, alot of muslims take jinn to mean ghosts, spirits. They believe that they live among us but are not seen (this point might be important when you read the article).

Personally, i have never given much thought to what they are, apart from the fact that i know they are not ghosts. For one thing, they are mentioned in the Quran, and as muslims, we dont believe in the concept of ghosts.

I had also heard alot of stories regarding people who had seen jinn....in as much that they had seen things like peoples eyes changing to cat type eyes, and changing into different beings before their eyes.

My favourite was the story of the children who were always curious as to how their mother made dinner so quickly every night. They were never allowed to look into the kitchen while she was preparing dinner.
One evening, curiousity got the better of them, and they peeked. Only to find their mother had 4 arms which were frantically making chippattis and cooking dinner...lol

Again, stories....but again, might be important in light of the article.

Before you read the article itself, i would like to point out that elsewhere in the Quran, it says that there was a long period of time when man was not even thought of.
That always, always, brought to my mind, that there was an ancient race.

It also says that if we can go to the heavens (which in the Quran, appears to mean space.....Heaven itself (paradise) is mostly always called Paradise, then we will go, but only if God allows it.

Anyway, heres the article. I wonder how many people guess where the author is going before they reach the end :-)

Who are Jinn?




posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Are the Jinn without physical form, AKA the originators of the 'reptilian appearing being'?

I would say Yessir.

They can take any form, and I am very suspect to say it is their 'true' form.

The true Western name for the djinn is not reptilian, but 'demon'. Visiting in our sleep, who else other than 'reptilians' are known for lusting for sex and violence? And for what reason, if not some form of 'feeding'?

How then, would they operate through human beings?

Understanding this, and vampire mythology, are two of the most significant stories of human truth surviving the only way it could.



posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
but if they were demons, then there wouldnt be any question surely (from a religious point of view) about whether they were going to hell or heaven?

there wouldnt be "righteous" amongst them?

and demons, to me, conjures up something more spirit like. Not something that would have good and bad among them.



posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
this is the best description of the word "jinn" i could find:

"Arabic lexicon mentions the following as the possible meanings of the word jinn. It literally means anything which has the connotation of concealment, invisibility, seclusion and remoteness. It also has the connotation of thick shades and dark shadows. That is why the word 'jannah' (from the same root word) is employed by the Quran to denote paradise, which would be full of thick, heavily shaded gardens. The word jinn is also applicable to snakes which habitually remain hidden from common view and live a life secluded from other animals in rock crevices and earthen holes"



posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 04:08 AM
link   
i cant beleive no-one wants to comment on this!
I know there are some of you out there who believe in an ancient race, if not reptilians. So what is it?...the source? That its from a holy book?



posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   
It could be possible that there is a race that we don't see and is capable of doing such things. Thats the one thing that literally makes me wonder. So many religions have different things that seem to have a physical reference. Jinn, Angels,Demons,Spirits. There could quite possibley be a race that each culture has met and seen, but just given them a completely different name. Jiin for muslim or Devil for Christian. Its just like the ancient art that shows spaceships or people inside glowing stars. I've always often thought that Earth wasn't the first experiement from the Creator. Creating just one little speck of live in a vastness doesn't make sense for something that knows all and sees all. They would be more then enough capable to have various projects all over the universe. Who knows, maybe we are a failure and that is why the Creator doesn't stay in contact with us like during the early days. I use the word They for the creator because I don't think its just any one sex. Anything that has no limitations, wouldn't be restricted to one sex or one form. Keep in mind these are just my opinions.


-Aza



posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 08:10 AM
link   
The article warns "it's controversial" and "it's based on personal interpretation."

In other words, the author wants you to throw out everything that's ever been said or written throughout long ages about the djinn and the other spirits and believe his interpretation based on... on... on....?

On the fact that the writer thinks it would be "cooler" if the djinn were Reptoids. Based on one verse in the Bible, taken very much out of context in both a cultural and a literary sense.

Now... I might want to write a story (based on an assemblage of facts) that say the Knights Templar were actually not men but Amazons and bring up the facts that they avoided women (because who would better know a false man than a woman cuddling up to "him" and trying to have sex), wore beards (great disguise), and were berzerkers in battle-rage (bringing up the old truism known by every school teacher that it's a LOT easier to stop a fight between two boys than it is between two girls.)

Does that make a truth that the Templar knights were women?

No, it makes a deceit.

This is not good scholarship on the web writer's part. It's an interesting fantasy, and might make for an interesting D&D game. But if you're looking for truth and insight, then move on.

There's no truth or insight there.



posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
The arabic word "jinn" is for a genie - like Aladin's buddy there. I just asked my muslim friend sitting next to me



posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Many of these words morph with time, as legends are misunderstood or people try to fit many different misunderstood phenomena into a limited vocabulary.

For instance, the word "faerie" has been shown by good scholarship to have originally applied to the spirits of the dead. Now it is taken to be magical race of people distinct from human beings. I believe that many other words about paranormal entities such "demon" and "jin" have undergone changes through the years.



posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   
From snipets that I have read and have come to understand about the Djinn or genie doesn't support them being reptilitan in nature if they in fact exsist at all.
It is said that they are creatures that are half-human and half-demon from pre-Islamic times. Originally, they were spirits of nature that caused madness in humans. They differ not much from humans: they reproduce, they have the same bodily needs, and they die, although their life span is much longer.

There are five orders of genies: the Marid (the most powerful), the Afrit, the Shaitan, the Jinn, and the Jann (the least powerful).
fusionanomaly.net...



posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I forwarded him the link to this thread - but if he doesn't reply, the jinn were ghosts in pre-Islamic times. He also says most islamic writings don't include the jinn because they're not worth it - Allah just informed them of their existence, that is all.



posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by geek101
I was browsing through some islamic site the other day, its a progressive site, and has some great articles. One however, i thought warranted mention on here.

Now, alot of muslims take jinn to mean ghosts, spirits. They believe that they live among us but are not seen (this point might be important when you read the article).

Personally, i have never given much thought to what they are, apart from the fact that i know they are not ghosts. For one thing, they are mentioned in the Quran, and as muslims, we dont believe in the concept of ghosts.

I had also heard alot of stories regarding people who had seen jinn....in as much that they had seen things like peoples eyes changing to cat type eyes, and changing into different beings before their eyes.

My favourite was the story of the children who were always curious as to how their mother made dinner so quickly every night. They were never allowed to look into the kitchen while she was preparing dinner.
One evening, curiousity got the better of them, and they peeked. Only to find their mother had 4 arms which were frantically making chippattis and cooking dinner...lol

Again, stories....but again, might be important in light of the article.

Before you read the article itself, i would like to point out that elsewhere in the Quran, it says that there was a long period of time when man was not even thought of.
That always, always, brought to my mind, that there was an ancient race.

It also says that if we can go to the heavens (which in the Quran, appears to mean space.....Heaven itself (paradise) is mostly always called Paradise, then we will go, but only if God allows it.

Anyway, heres the article. I wonder how many people guess where the author is going before they reach the end :-)

Who are Jinn?






David Icke has talked a lot about Reptilians. The capabilities and attributes of Reptilians are identical to the Djinn.

The reptile is also part of Islamic and Christian (possibly Judiasm) religion in that Satan appeared to Eve in the form of a SNAKE.

Why a SNAKE? It is known the Satan is a Djinn (according to the Quran) and it decides to turn into a snake to convince Eve to eat from the Tree of Knowledge.

There definitely seems to be a strong connection between Djinn and Reptilians.

See

www.free-minds.org...

for more info

[edit on 7-8-2008 by Jinni]



posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I always thought Djinn were fire spirits or genies..
Djinn are referred to as any spirit that is "beneath" an angel.

And because they await they're Judgement day from God and also have free will to follow a path of righteousness or evil, i would say from the off-set that they're not an entirely evil race - much alike humans in this way. We are not an entirely evil race and we also can choose to live with love and compassion or hate and misery..

The djinn are probably most definitely shape-shifters as, from what i've read about them, they can appear in physical form but i wouldn't go so far as to say that they ARE in fact reptiod..
I think they're two entirely different species..



posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by pretty_vacant
I always thought Djinn were fire spirits or genies..
Djinn are referred to as any spirit that is "beneath" an angel.

And because they await they're Judgement day from God and also have free will to follow a path of righteousness or evil, i would say from the off-set that they're not an entirely evil race - much alike humans in this way. We are not an entirely evil race and we also can choose to live with love and compassion or hate and misery..

The djinn are probably most definitely shape-shifters as, from what i've read about them, they can appear in physical form but i wouldn't go so far as to say that they ARE in fact reptiod..
I think they're two entirely different species..


According to the Quran the Djinn are made of a "smokeless fire". You are absolutley right in that they have free will and are NOT entirely an evil race - much like humans.

The point I was trying to bring up is that Satan\Iblis shape shifted into a Reptile to convince Eve - not a rabbit, or a horse or a butterfly but a reptile SNAKE. I don't believe Djinn are reptiles but there seems to be a curious historic connection. Perhaps certain ones like to shape shift into reptiles more often than not.

When David Icke describes several events of people seeing other 'people' shape shifting into a reptile (hence the name Reptillian) I think that the mischievous Djinns like to transform into reptiles.

That's all I'm saying, I think.



posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
According to Farah Yurdozu, Turkish psychic/ufologist, the Jinn are reptilians. (Followed by the requisite, "and they control everything.")



posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremy_Vaeni
According to Farah Yurdozu, Turkish psychic/ufologist, the Jinn are reptilians. (Followed by the requisite, "and they control everything.")


Thanks for that useful pointer!

Do you mean Jinn are 'reptillians' (note the marks) or reptillian animals? I think the former rather than the later surely.



posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Religion is such a mottled bunch of information it is hard to sort out fact from fiction. It could be what you believe to be true... I think it is more likely that they are the shadow people that you see out of the corner of your eye. This would maybe explain why people never report feeling good things from shadow people.. you always feel its a menacing presence.

could be both though.. who knows.



posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
my muslim friend told me about jinn

we came to the conclusion that they are the watchers



posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by tankthinker
my muslim friend told me about jinn

we came to the conclusion that they are the watchers


In addition to watching they do a fair bit of manipulating too.

That aside, there are many stories of the past that indicate that the Djinn worked with man to create buildings. I'm talking about the temple of solomon and other ancient engineering feats that we look in awe today.



posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by geek101
 

The Jinn.... I always thought about these things since hearing about them. My local garage man is a muslim, I was going to ask him about them, you took the words out of my mouth. From what I gather the Muslim acknowledges the existence of this jinn, I get the impression it's something we can't see but is there. I like the way they accept their existence, people baptised as a Christian haven't actually got a clue about much else out there or higher existence in itself. You say "do you believe in ufos" they say "don't be stupid," while at the same time they agree that god (something that is Unidentified, can Fly, that is an Object) exists lol! I was reading this stuff last weekend in the Sunday Times and the article in the Magazine part was on someone in the US who was investigating UFO Orbs called Heinemann or something similar, he was on about them being interdimensional and as the human is basically blind and only can see a very limited fraction of the available light spectrum, this sounds like the Jinn.




top topics



 
1
<<   2 >>

log in

join