It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

X3: Your official information on X-men 3 starts here!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Look for a promotion tie-in from Mercedes Benz

Ummmmm, okay.

Normally whether Mercedes paid for placement in this instance isn't as important as the fact that integrating into content means more than inserting "brand x" into the script. It has to be natural from the creative aspect of the film (I'm sure vain, egotistical Scott would have the most exclusive model Mercedes...Magneto probably shies away from German brands entirely) and it's important to get a realistic assessment of how consumers will really react.

Sometimes product placements like this really bug me...but as long as it is done right it could be cool. If we end up with another "Batman/OnStar" debacle, I feel it's cheating the franchise.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Product placement sucks but it has always been with the X-men movies.

The first film had the Oakley "X-Metals" worn by Cyclops. If I remember right they even made his visor.

X2 had that Mazda RX-8. Again a product tied to Cyclops. Actually the product placement in X2 was really bad.

Product placement is big business. It really ticks me off when I find it in music though.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 06:44 AM
link   
This is just getting more and more exciting! I hope Colossus has a bigger role in this one! With Juggsy on the Brotherhood side the X-men need a powerhouse. I remember waaay back (can't recall the issue) Petey and Juggsy went toe to toe and Juggernaut ended up winning in the end. But hey, Pete's only a 19yo...

I won't miss Nightcrawler. When they brought the *Bamf* dolls into the story he became a joke...

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The official web site now has added Mystique and Colossus to the image gallery.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Here is a set photo from X3.

For more visit, flickr.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I was just messing around with that Colossus image with Photoshop.

Here is how he might look like in steel form. I'm sure they will do better in the movie

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Refrsh my memory Umbrax but didn't we see Colossus armor up in the second movie? I seem to remember him having these horizontal metallic plates covering his whole body.

Colossus is a bad mo-fo. I hope he gets a lot of screen time.

Peace

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Refrsh my memory Umbrax but didn't we see Colossus armor up in the second movie? I seem to remember him having these horizontal metallic plates covering his whole body.

Yep! He was in it and he did armor up.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   
OK. I could have sworn they were like metallic plates or something. That still looks pretty cool though. Wasn't he Russian in the comic book, or am I thinking of another character?

Peace

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I love Collosus, I was very pleased to see him make his few appearances in X-Men 2, so I hope he gets a better innings this time. And yes Dr. Love, he's a Ruskie

Aside from Gambit (obviously), the two characters I would have like to have seen in Movie Form that haven't been introduced are Cabal and Omega Red, but if this film is a big success, who knows how many movies, and roles, they'll end up making. Of course that would depend on how willing the "main" crew were to make lot's of X-Men films as well, but we can hope.

[edit on 20-12-2005 by chebob]

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Colossus is Peter Rasputin, Russian born and bread. He comes from a family of farmers. If I remember correctly his powers first manifested when he was trying to save his sister from a run away tractor.

His mutant ability is to transform his skin into what they call "organic steel."
In his steel form he is nearly invulnerable and extremely strong. Not 'Superman' strong but like maybe 'Thing' strong.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
ALL I can say is YAY! I'm so going to see that movie NEXT JUNE! It's gonna ROCK like AJ!
- X-MEN

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Here's the Marvel Universe blurb on Colossus... here
So, he can "press" about 70 tons, the blurb on the Thing had him pressing 85 tons...

Interestingly, Juggernaut can press over 100 tons and the upper limit has yet to be measured.

Ok, I'm done being a geek.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Universe/Timeline: Marvel Universe
Current Status: X-Men
Aliases: Proletarian, Peter Nicolas
Nationality: Russian
First Appearance: Giant Sized X-Men #1

Powers and Abilities:
enhanced strength, convert his entire body into organic steel with enormous strength and durability

Affiliations:
X-Men, Excalibur, Acolytes II, Crimson Pirates

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
In the last 34 hours this thread has gotten more than 800 views.

I'm glad to see that there are so many fans

That was actually me coming back in all the time checking on the thread.

Couldn't help it.

Looking forward to this one.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
lol, Grimholt.

I've probably watched the teaser trailer 800 times myself

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I finally managed to see the trailer on Yahoo!, and it is amazing. It really suggests that this will be one very interesting movie.

Also just incase anybody cares, when I went to see King Kong yesterday they had the exact same trailer during the preview segment. Let me just say that if the trailer is any indication of the film, it is going to be awe inspiring on the big screen.

[edit on 12/24/2005 by cyberdude78]

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
comicscontinuum.com has an update on X3.

X3 has wrapped principal photography in Vancouver and now moves into the post-production phase for its May 26 release.

The film was shot on the same stages as X2, with much of the same crew, and was the biggest production to date in Canada.

Sets for the movie have been held for possible re-shoots if needed.

In other X3 news:

* The Continuum has learned that Arclight will be in the film as a member of the Brotherhood. In the comics, Arclight was a member of the Marauders.

It's a very small part.

* Spectral Motion built the Juggernaut suit that Vinnie Jones wore.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Yet more casting news has been reported by Reuters/Hollywo od Reporter. Psylocke will be in X3 and will be played by Mei Melancon. Melancon also worked with Brett Ratner in "Rush Hour 2." Her role in that movie was only "Girl in Car" so I would expect that Psylocke will be little more than an extra in X3.

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - The evil mutant assassin Psylocke has joined the lineup of "X-Men 3," the latest installment of the Marvel superhero franchise.

The character will be played by Filipina actress Mei Melancon, who previously worked with "X-Men 3" director Brett Ratner in "Rush Hour 2."

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - The evil mutant assassin Psylocke has joined the lineup of "X-Men 3," the latest installment of the Marvel superhero franchise.

Wait...evil? What's going on are they doing the Kwannon/Betsy Braddock mind cross over? What timeline are they using? Arggh im so confused now

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join