It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

X3: Your official information on X-men 3 starts here!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000 Question in the Comics when does Rogue get her flying and super strength.

Rogue's first comic appearance was Avengers Annual #10 in 1981. She was a member of Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. In her first appearance she completely absorbed Ms. Marvel and gained the ability of strength invulnerability and flight.

After that she went to Professor Xavier for help with her absorbing powers.

I'd love to see Rouge with all of her abilities in the movie but I just don't see this happening.

The X-Men movies do so well because they seem to fit into reality and introducing a character like Ms. Marvel just for Rouge to absorb will just ruin it for regular movie goers.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I liked Rogue a lot, but I don't think it's such a great idea to make her that powerful. Part of what made Rogue special was that she made due with what the opponent had, not by being superwoman. So I think that a flying, super strong, invulnerable Rogue would ruin it for the movies.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 02:09 AM
link   
[edit on 26-7-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Ellen Page cast in X-Men 3 as Kitty Pryde

IGN is reporting that fifteen-year-old actress Ellen Page will play Kitty Pryde in X-Men 3.

The young actress has starred in the likes of the TV series Trailer Park Boys.

Frasier star Kelsey Grammer will appear as a furry blue mutant named Beast. Halle Berry and Hugh Jackman are also returning for the third X-Men movie.

movies.monstersandcritics.com...

Ellen Page, the third actress to play Kitty Pryde.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Wo, wo wo wo wo wo wo wo WO! What happend to Maggie Grace. :growl:

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Heh, Maggie Grace was only rumored to get the role.

In this thread I will be posting all official information on X3, so keep an eye on this thread

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Here is some information on Gambit.

This is what Zak Penn, who worked on the X3 script, had to say.

www.thexverse.com...

TXV: What sort of factors influence the decision to include someone over another? Ralph Winter told us recently that Gambit doesn't appear in the movie; do you take into consideration the reaction of hardcore fans whose faves don't make the cut?
ZP: Ah, Gambit. I feel bad for all the fans of Gambit, genuinely, but I think they have to put it into perspective. If we DON'T have a great way to introduce the character and do him justice in the context of the larger story, and we already have so many great actors and characters to service, isn't it better to keep him out than do a half-assed job? I know Marvel feels this way.

I'd have to agree. It is better to keep Gambit out unless they can do a good job with him.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Fashion model Omahyra Mota is the newest cast member added to X3. Who knows what character she is playing though. She is Domincan, I can't think of any female X-men at the moment that she could be.

I would link to the article but it is from a model web site that contains nudity (of Omahyra).

If you really need the article just google it I'm sure it can be found

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Juggernaut has always been my favorite of all the X-Men characters but is that guy right for the part? He doesn't seem to have the right body shape for the part. I was thinking thicker and stockier.

Peace

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Maybe he'll bulk up
I'd hate to be him if he were to do that lol

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I really don't know what they are planning for the Juggernaut. I mean, in the comic, the guy is like the size of a house. He is like 'Hulk' size.
This worries me. They might try and make him look like he does in the book, and it might not turn out right. Or they will make him look different from the book, and it wont turn out right

I loved X-men and X2 but I'm sort of thinking X3 will be a disappointment.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I think Kelsey Grammer is being used mainly because of his voice. It's perfect for Beast.

I thought Gambit was going to be in the next one.

Isn't this one supposed to have the Sentinels in it as well?

Peace

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Isn't this one supposed to have the Sentinels in it as well?

I don't know but this movie is sounding too busy as it is already. Lots of characters, a huge cast.

I remember reading an interview by Halle Berry. She mentioned something about a huge battle at the end.

[edit on 29/9/2005 by Umbrax]

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Huge battle at the end = awesome. Now I just wonder what the story will be exactly. No doubt there'll be the rise of Phoenix tossed in somehow. However I'm thinking that Apocalypse might make his appearence. I'm basing this off the fact that it's part of the newest X-Men legends game, so a tie-in type thing is a possiblity.

Now on the other hand, they better not screwup Kitty Pryde. Seing as she'd be about my age, they had best not hire someone who makes my age group look too bad.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   
When I saw the second movie in the scene where Wolverine, matter of factly kills the special opp goons in the mansion I was really impressed that those responsible for the movie didn't hold back, I had feared that they would have him play nice. I was thinking...THAT"S WOLVERINE!!!

I would love to see Wolverine tearing through Sentinels man, with them the whole X crew can unload everything they have. It would be very cool.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
This is not official news but it was reported by the Vancouver Sun so I figured I would post it.

www.canada.com...
SPOTTED

Dania Ramirez (She Hate Me) sweating it out with her personal trainer at Ron Zalko's last Friday. She's here to play a bad girl in X-Men 3, we hear.

Dania Ramirez (left)

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I will not claim this as factual because there is no real proof. But this sounds cool anyway so I will post it.

www.canmag.com...

X3 Trailer Details

The scoop below comes again from 'FstudioX3Divided They Fall', who was kind enough to give an extremely detailed report on what we can expect from the trailer for X-Men 3 coming our way in October.

The trailer time runs almost 2 minutes, so I will just quote a snippet and if you like you can read the rest by clicking the link provided.

Black Screen

Close up Shot of Beast

Beast: "If we fail, we fail all of mutant kind as well."

Black Screen

Wide Shot

Juggernaut leaping over a ravine, viewed from a side wide out shot

Fade to Black

Professor X’s Voice: "Friends sometimes die. Enemies are reborn."

Black screen

I guess we wont know if this is the real deal or not until the end of October.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Angel Photos From The Set Of X3

flickr.com...

I've found some set photos of Angel 'flying' on cables.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   
it will be a real shame if they don't get gambit it, but I gues having (arch)angel in their, it does really iopen up for one of the better charachters Apocolypse to get in there.

having collected x-men for 15 years (and havign the whole bunch stole) sob... I have been a bit dissapointed with so much focus on Wolverine. I knwo he is a favourite, but there are so many other cool characters out there they could really get going. I thought the introduction of Nightcrawler was great.

I just want to see pheonix kick the living # out fo the x-men! I love it when the baddies do some real damage.

M@

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Disaster_Boy
it will be a real shame if they don't get gambit it

There will be no Gambit.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join