It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

X3: Your official information on X-men 3 starts here!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
If things keep going this way, then we'll probably be hearing an announcment about a sequel soon.

Or at least a bunch more Marvel flicks.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax

Originally posted by sardion2000
If things keep going this way, then we'll probably be hearing an announcment about a sequel soon.

Or at least a bunch more Marvel flicks.

Money talks and...erm well you know the rest.

Any word on how much X3 cost though? I'm curious to see what the breakeven point is. Hopefully they are really close already.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   
X3 had an estimated budget of $210,000,000.

www.imdb.com...

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Didn't they already say they were going to make a film about Magneto's life, and one about Wolverines?

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackofBlades
Didn't they already say they were going to make a film about Magneto's life, and one about Wolverines?

Yes,
Magneto
Wolverine

My prediction with the little the little known about these movies, Magneto will suck and Wolverine will rock

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I dunno Umbrax. You know I'm big fan of the Mags an I think he'll rock.

Wolverine's past however won't be easy to portray. The movies derive from his comic history so much that it will be difficult to merge them (example, Wolverine's claws aren't made of adamantium but are actually protrusions of his skeleton).

The lengthy 'editing' of his history for the movies is an obstacle, whereas what little was shown of Magneto's has been the same (PoW in Auschwitz)

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I'm just not interested in a "young Magento" movie.

I don't find the X-Men movies that far from the comics in regards to Wolverines history.

(example, Wolverine's claws aren't made of adamantium but are actually protrusions of his skeleton)

Right, but in the comics they didn't know that until Magneto ripped the adamantium from Wolverine. Everyone was shocked to see that he had bone claws.
At any rate they can do all kinds of stories with Wolverines past. The dude is 100 years old.
I'd really love to see a "Origin" movie. That has got to be my favorite trade paperback in my collection.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   
They could do a Magneto + Prof. X prequil. Maybe even turn it into an Origins story for the XMen in general if it's popular enough, just pump out sequels. Studios will find out just how far fans of this series are willing to go to support this franchise in theaters as is evident by covering half their costs in the first weekend for X3.

I've heard that there will be three prequil movies, with Magneto and Wolverine being the only 2 confirmed so far. Speculation is that it might be a Storm movie, but I hope not. Nightcrawler would be much better. There is soo much in the X-Universe that they could do very well with this series for at least another decade. Maybe if X4 is successful(I'm assuming that its a given at this point), they could do an origins story for who ever happens to be featured in X4(*cough* Apocolypse *cough* *cough*)

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Speculation is that it might be a Storm movie, but I hope not. Nightcrawler would be much better.

I think Halle Berry said that she's tired of comic movies but still might do CatWoman again if she thinks they story is right.

A Nightcrawler movie would be cool. If they made a "Classic" Excalibur movie with Nightcrawler I'd see it opening night

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I adored this movie.
I thought it did exactly what it set out to do from X-men 1.
The casting of Grammar as Beast was amazing.
I would never have thought of him myself, but the second i read this i could hear his perfect tone as Beast, and he even managed the physical side superbly.
I gotta say, I think Storm was terrific, and I am happy that Halle fought for more time with her, after all Storm is one of the Key members.
I was a little annoyed at the fact Logan dealt with Phoenix, because that was Cyclops job, but then i have major issues with how his character has been since the beginning.

I hope for another one, and it seems evident that should there be a new trilogy(this franchise if done right could make Bond look like a MiniSeries) the one name that is on most fans lips........Apocalypse.

As a Whedon fan, i'd love to see him come up with an X4 script, hey, if Wonder Woman is successful he might direct too.

On Friday night i watched a Chat Show presented by Johnathan Ross. Hugh and Halle were both there, and said that IF this movie makes enough, someone high up would be willing to look at further X-Men adventures(not Spins but X-Men) and both H and H stated they would be back in a heartbeat.
Personally i have no issue with Storms use in the last film, or indeed Halle insisting on more time, so if she wants to come back, i'm fine with that.
Heck, i'll put up with Vinnie Jones if it means X4 comes about.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by JebusSaves
As a Whedon fan, i'd love to see him come up with an X4 script, hey, if Wonder Woman is successful he might direct too.

Astonishing X-Men is my favorite book. Whedon with an X-Men movie would be the formula to creating the best comic movie ever.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Here is an article that goes along with the earlier reported ticket sales.

today.reuters.com...

"X-Men" annihilates "Da Vinci" at box office

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The final film in the "X-Men" superhero trilogy blew past last weekend's box office champ, "The Da Vinci Code," to post the fourth-highest all-time opening in North America, according to studio estimates issued on Sunday.

"X-Men: The Last Stand" sold about $107 million worth of tickets in the three-day period from Friday to Sunday, dwarfing "Da Vinci's" $77 million opening a week ago, said tracking firm Exhibitor Relations Co.

The Vatican conspiracy thriller slipped to No. 2, but sales data were not immediately available as most studios were planning to report sales estimates for the U.S. Memorial Day holiday weekend on Monday.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I’ve got a X3 poll running on my blog if anyone wants to kill some time and make a vote.

blog.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax

Originally posted by JebusSaves

Astonishing X-Men is my favorite book. Whedon with an X-Men movie would be the formula to creating the best comic movie ever.

LOL, obviously i totally agree.
I think with his unique writing style mixed with his obvious love of comic added to the superb way he handles character and actor would make great X films. I could genuinely see him honing a magnificently successful comic-faithful trilogy delving into the personal relationships of these characters which is what made the comics and the first two movies so great....the last one, though i love did lack the character play i've come to want.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Another Character they need to introduce is Cable IMO. When X4 is confirmed I really hope they do the whole trilogy about him, Apocalypse and Archangle. Gotta have Sentinals too!

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Can anyone tell me why Nightcrawler wasn't in the movie? He was the bomb in X2!!
Other then that X3 rocked.
And hey can anyone tell me what the extra scene was at the end after the credits I was not able to stay and watch?

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   
The only reason that I'm aware of is one that I heard in a rumor so take with a grain of salt.

I heard that they didn't want to have more then two blue mutants in the movie...
It wouldn't surprise me if it were true....

Oh and budget of course. Nightcrawler would be uberly expensive to do.

[edit on 6-6-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 10:55 PM
link   
No more blue mutants? But if Mags got his powers back that means that maybe Mystique could get hers back.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mxyztplk
No more blue mutants?

Nonono that's not what I meant, I meant in X3, there was two blue muties already. Beast and Mystique. Rumor was they didn't want a third in that particular movie.

But if Mags got his powers back that means that maybe Mystique could get hers back.

I hope the way they go with this story is like this.

The Next 3 movies, either called X-Men: Rise of Apocalypse or something else and number them the same as the other trilogy, should involve(IMHO of course) the introduction of one of the most popular and formidable villains in the marvel universe, along with the introduction of Archangel in the Second movie in a very "Empire Strikes Back" kinda way. With a Bit appearance in the hypothetical X:RoApoc 1 and possibly his Death or Turncoat in the classic Vader vs. The Emporer kind of way leading into a new series of spinoffs and more X-Men movies. See the posts above of what I would like to see if you're interested.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I really don't see an X4 movie being made but I do have an idea for a sequel.

Casting call. Excalibur the movie (X4).

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join