It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beam me up scotty! Scientist debate teleportation. (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Scientist debate the possibility of teleportation, which in it self will be a very significant invention for transportation of everything from cargo to human beings, possibly all over the galaxy, ofcourse this technology is a long way off, scientist finally managed to teleport beams of light and a trapped calcium ion to another calcium ion in a controlled way.

news.yahoo.com
Think Star Trek: You are here. You want to go there. It's just a matter of teleportation.

Thanks to lab experiments, there is growth in the number of "beam me up" believers, but there is an equal amount of disbelief, too.

Over the last few years, however, researchers have successfully teleported beams of light across a laboratory bench. Also, the quantum state of a trapped calcium ion to another calcium ion has been teleported in a controlled way.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

In the end of this article they also discussed the possibility of UFO's employing advanced teleportation technology, I was quite facinated by this since most mainstream scientist never delve into the realm of UFO's since they are a subject of ridicule, my personal analysis is that UFO's employ a form of transportation utilizing some high-frequency travel that will make the object phase.

Hopefully all this new technology will be around soon, Nano-Technology, Quantum Computers and Teleportation technology all will revolutionize this world as we know it.

new topics

join