It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My technical solution againts terrorism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Most of terror activities involved with explosive. If you could detect the explosive, the terror acts could be stop.

My solution is all of explosive manufacturers put some special ingredients in the explosive. Those ingredients will make explosive easy to be detected by special equipment or human sense so that it's imposible to hide.

Any comment ?

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
The thing is...

Many explosives can be made from simple ingredients found in your kitchen.

Are we going to put secret additives into vinegar, for example?

Terror acts aren't caused by explosives - we need to treat the cause, not the symptom, you know?

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
There are already chemical signatures built into many explosives. But what happens when Honest Arms Dealer Dave buys them, and then has them conveniently stolen?

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I'd like to see about $10 billion of what was (or is being) spent on the war go into the training of dogs to be bomb sniffers. We could free up some of the animal shelters around the nation of their residents, save the lives of dogs who would otherwise be put down and have a few stationed in every bus, subway and train station and airport in the country.

salam, I like how you think. There is usually a simpler answer to a problem. And, agreeing with Tinkleflower, we need to start treating other people of the world with respect and honor and find a way that we can all live together on this planet if terrorism is going to be eradicated. Sadly, I hold very little hope for that.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I agree with the idea of more sniffer dogs. For example, in Iraq, simple measures could be taken to drastically reduce the number of casualties done by suicide bombers. Use of Jersey barriers, "phone booth" entries, and dogs, along with remote cameras.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by salam
Most of terror activities involved with explosive. If you could detect the explosive, the terror acts could be stop.

My solution is all of explosive manufacturers put some special ingredients in the explosive. Those ingredients will make explosive easy to be detected by special equipment or human sense so that it's imposible to hide.

Any comment ?

Most terroritst acts are commited by muslims. Get rid of them, you get rid of the problems. Put special marks on THEM and you might get a heads up. A little "Hitler"like, sure, but hey, if your looking for ways to spot a bomb, theres one way.

Besides, dogs can smell bombs.....

[edit on 10-7-2005 by spliff4020]

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

salam, I like how you think. There is usually a simpler answer to a problem. And, agreeing with Tinkleflower, we need to start treating other people of the world with respect and honor and find a way that we can all live together on this planet if terrorism is going to be eradicated. Sadly, I hold very little hope for that.

You think those fanatics will be as like-minded? You think they love peace? You think they want to co-exist with you? They will shatter your dream for an ideal(peaceful) world and they will stop at nothing to achieve that.

The root of all problems is what they chose to believe. They believe that by killing you they can be heroes, go to heaven and play with their virgins(wat about female sucide bombers? wat do they get btw?). They believe every words of their spiritual leaders who are in league with Mr Osama. They believe they have a cause to be worth sacrificing themselves. They believe they are answering Allah's call by killing innocent people using crude methods. What do you think they possess to be counted as human?

Do you think there is any other peaceful means to stop these devils? To stop Osama and gang from taking over the world we definitely will have to use force. And it's time to improve relations with the rest of our arab friends and build trust.

Back to the topic : Seriously there is no way to stop acts of terrorism from being carried out(except of course hunting down all terrorists). They pounce upon you when you are not guarded against them and catch you by surprise. The most we can do is by intelligence and tight security we reduce their chance of staging one successfully.

Am i anwsering the topic question? I doubt so but i want this posted anyway
Sry!

[edit on 10-7-2005 by NotheRaGe]

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Spliff we all understand from your recent posts that you are an advocate of the Final Solution approach to dealing with the terrorism problem.

But a few points for you to consider.

1/ Terrorists aren't all Muslim.

2/ Muslims aren't all terrorists.

Your genetic profiling of terrorists is becoming tiresome and your solution is abhorant.

Perhaps you need to refine your philosophy to take into consideration the facts.

Facts are what differentiate a fanatic from an intelligent commentator.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by spliff4020
Most terroritst acts are commited by muslims. Get rid of them, you get rid of the problems. Put special marks on THEM and you might get a heads up. A little "Hitler"like, sure, but hey, if your looking for ways to spot a bomb, theres one way.

First of all JB1 nailed it!

Spliff, you are saying we should rid the world of more than a billion people because they are Muslims?

Please Read the following discussion...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
You got to build many many concentration camps and gas chambers, then wait a few decades before the whole muslim population is in your hands and then a few more decades before they are all exterminated. That will also involves a great deal of logistics unless, of course, you perfer them to die by hunger. And many on your side will die too. That will probably take a big burden off Earth's strained resources(especially the oil).

You think we can and should do this? If yes you are juz as inhuman as those beasts(i dun regard them as men) who bomb innocent people into pieces or chop off their head for fun, pleasure and entertainment, thinking they are heroes.

But really if we have the option i will luv to send those who are unwilling to co-exist with us to another distant planet and never see them ever again. Peace will come afterwards.

[edit on 10-7-2005 by NotheRaGe]

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
By the same token, NotheRage....why should "they" be the ones to leave? They accuse us of the same crimes....of us being the ones who cannot co-exist with their beliefs/desires.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
How about if the citizens of the United States (including myself), take back control of the government so that it keeps it's big fat nose, and greedy hands out of the business, lives, and philosophies of other countries? This applies also to the other members of the "free world". I'll wager that the terrorist attacks against our lives and properties would fall off sharply (since we wouldn't be there). We should be concentrating on fixing the problems we have right here at home, instead of spending 100's of billions of dollars on military operations (mostly munitions), in foreign lands. If that amount of money had been directed to the development of progressive social programs in this country, noone would be jobless, hungry or homeless for a long, long time.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Heres a list of ways to make explosives from common household products.

Permanganate and Sugar

Permanganate and Aluminium

Chlorate and Vaseline Plastic Explosive

Carbon TET and Aluminium Liquid Explosive

Napalm Alternative as fuel additive

Urea Nitrate Explosive

These are just a few examples, in short really, its easyer to make explosives then it is to make a decent meal.

[edit on 10-7-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
The home-made explosive isn't effective. Most terrorist use top grade explosive to achieve the worst damage.

All those explosives are produced in goverment-controlled factories. America is one of the biggest producer.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
salem: McVeign used a potasium nitrate furtilizer based bomb.
I'd say the state of the FBI building in Oklahoma pritty much testifies that home made explosives are more then powerfull enough.

Appart from that, explosives don't need to be powerfull or efficient to be deadly or cause alot of damage/injury. Alot of bombs are rather low yield, but their damage effect is amped by stuffing nails or metal shrapnell around it. This forming a robbust type of grenade.

new topics

top topics

join