It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twenty-one killed in Baghdad suicide bombing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
BAGHDAD (Reuters) - A suicide bomber with explosives strapped to his body attacked an Iraqi army recruitment center in western Baghdad on Sunday, killing 21 people and wounding more than 30, police sources said.

Sources at the nearby Yarmuk hospital said staff were treating 39 people for wounds from the blast and had received 16 bodies.

The recruitment office at the Muthanna airfield, near the city center, has been targeted before by insurgents fighting Iraq's new Shi'ite-led government and its U.S. backers. The core of the insurgency comes from Iraq's Sunni Arab minority.

Source:
Re uters
BBC News

Hmmm, aparently this kind of News dont even Matter anymore - when coming from Iraq its just "another daily News".

20 people dead almost every week and several injured in Baghdad.

But when people die in the Civilized West then the entire World Stops.

Who cares abou those Muslims dying every Day anyway!

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Hmmm, aparently this kind of News dont even Matter anymore - when coming from Iraq its just "another daily News".

You are so right! This is one aspect of this whole War and Terrorism Era that I fail to understand! How can civilized people such as ourselves, our fellow countrymen cry and mourn at the thought of one group of people dying, yet ignore other groups dying every day? It's a sad statement about our prejudices and priorities...

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
You are so right! This is one aspect of this whole War and Terrorism Era that I fail to understand! How can civilized people such as ourselves, our fellow countrymen cry and mourn at the thought of one group of people dying, yet ignore other groups dying every day? It's a sad statement about our prejudices and priorities...

Yeah - people always "Wake Up" when its too late - when it Already Happens to You!

I dont think any of Us that live in the West have any idea how it is to Live everyday in Fear - just like the People of Iraq.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SouljahHmmm, aparently this kind of News dont even Matter anymore - when coming from Iraq its just "another daily News".

Kudos for that! I would bet a dollar to a donut that not once, beginning with the first bomb to land on a restaurant in 2003 did anyone beg for restraint in posts in order to mourn for or respect the dead and innocent Iraqis.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - A suicide bomber with explosives strapped to his body attacked an Iraqi army recruitment center in western Baghdad on Sunday, killing 21 people and wounding more than 30, police sources said.

Sources at the nearby Yarmuk hospital said staff were treating 39 people for wounds from the blast and had received 16 bodies.

The recruitment office at the Muthanna airfield, near the city center, has been targeted before by insurgents fighting Iraq's new Shi'ite-led government and its U.S. backers. The core of the insurgency comes from Iraq's Sunni Arab minority.

Source:
Re uters
BBC News

I don't understand your concept. Almost 20 people dead every week from events in their country; but when people from the West die the world stops?
On Sept. 11th, three thousand people died in one day. Of course most European countries were in disbelief and very helpful, I don't believe much of Western Asia was. the majority on this board say it was carried out by the government, I take that as a grave insult.

What about the 1,700+ troops dead in Iraq? who really cares about them outside of America.

What about the crime rate in my state? 7.6 per 100,000.
Much more my country. We are heavily criticized by our loose gun laws.

I dont think any of Us that live in the West have any idea how it is to Live everyday in Fear - just like the People of Iraq.

Oh, so you have visited Iraq?
Have you visited the United States yet?

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by evanfitz
I don't understand your concept. Almost 20 people dead every week from events in their country; but when people from the West die the world stops?
On Sept. 11th, three thousand people died in one day. Of course most European countries were in disbelief and very helpful, I don't believe much of Western Asia was. the majority on this board say it was carried out by the government, I take that as a grave insult.

Well, do you know how many CHILDREN die each and every day in Africa?

I dont think so.

But for you that is Far, Far Away - and the Bodycount there does not stop nor is it accurate.

Are you aware how many people died in Sudan only yesterday?

Or how many Iraqi people have died Last Month Only?

But when it happens to You - then the World Stops right?

Well it DOESNT!

Innocent are still dying, they just dont have that many NEWS CHANNELS to put their Misery ON!

WAKE UP DAMNIT!

What about the 1,700+ troops dead in Iraq? who really cares about them outside of America.

Who sent Your Troops to a Foreign Country to Occupy it?

Thank Your Dear President for 1.700+ US troops DEAD in Iraq.

And while you are Thanking him, thank him for all the Dead Iraqi Civilans.

Thank him for all the Depeleted Uranium weapons he ordered to be dropped on Iraq.

Thank him for all the Corporate Frauds and Scandals surrounding this alleged Liberation of Iraq.

Thank him for creating this World a MUCH more DANGEROUS PLACE since his Famous War on Terror Began.

Thank him for all the Peace and Liberty he Spread among the people of Middle East - so that Brothers are killing Brothers again.

Thank him for that.

Oh, so you have visited Iraq?
Have you visited the United States yet?

Nope, and I dont intend to.

Nope, not yet.

[edit on 10/7/05 by Souljah]

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
[edit on 10-7-2005 by evanfitz]

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Souljah, I think you make an excellent point. Keep in mind however that its human nature to care more for your own kind than others.
But your point is solid, because part of what the world is going through now is what the human being has brought upon himself by being extremely selfish.

When a terrorist event happens in Iraq, its no longer news, which is probably why no one really cares anymore.
When it happens in the West, its real news, because its not everyday that its happening. Also it happens all in one go.

We have to condemn terrorism no matter where it happens, and tackle the roots of the problem.
Souljah I will vote for you right now, for being brave enough to make this point, but please mention all aspects of the argument in future.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Well, do you know how many CHILDREN die each and every day in Africa?
I dont think so

Ah yes throwing africa in the debate. Ever heard of the G8?? 40 billion dollars worth of debt to the "highly poor countries" were eliminated. This includes the countries of Canada, United Kingdom, Russia, United States, Italy, Japan, Germany and France. This also includes a long term massive funding to turn africa into an accetable environment. Hopefully those deaths will cease to be inaccurate.
A $50 billion boost in aid to developing countries, on top of the ministerial-level agreement to forgive debt to Highly Indebted Poor Countries
$3 billion to the Palestinian Authority to build infrastructure
Stated commitment to reduce subsidies and tariffs that inhibit trade
Universal access to anti-HIV drugs in Africa by 2010
Commitment to train 20,000 peacekeeping troops for Africa in exchange for African commitments to good governance and democracy
G8 members from the European Union commit to a collective foreign aid target of 0.56% of GDP by 2010, and 0.7% by 2015

Or how many Iraqi people have died Last Month Only?

Tell me who killed them.

But when it happens to You - then the World Stops right?

Did i mention the thousands of tons sent to North Korea to help feed their people? Hey how about you tell me where that money comes from.

Innocent are still dying, they just dont have that many NEWS CHANNELS to put their Misery ON!

Of course the news channel you perfer is Al Jazeera.

Who sent Your Troops to a Foreign Country to Occupy it?

Mr. Bush aka Dubya

Thank Your Dear President for 1.700+ US troops DEAD in Iraq.

The army and Marines are a all volunteer one. They were trained to do this.

And while you are Thanking him, thank him for all the Dead Iraqi Civilans.

The majority of Iraqi deaths in this modern day war would be from Insurgency and NOT I repeat NOT "Iraqi Resistance"

Thank him for all the Peace and Liberty he Spread among the people of Middle East - so that Brothers are killing Brothers again

Since when have they not killled each other?

Keep up the anti-Americanism, while your trying to solve problems more are just creeping up under your nose. Fueling anger

Infact why don't you tell me what you have done for people in Sudan, Iraq, Afghanistan, and Africa.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by evanfitz
Ah yes throwing africa in the debate. Ever heard of the G8?? 40 billion dollars worth of debt to the "highly poor countries" were eliminated. This includes the countries of Canada, United Kingdom, Russia, United States, Italy, Japan, Germany and France. This also includes a long term massive funding to turn africa into an accetable environment. Hopefully those deaths will cease to be inaccurate.

Ahhh YES!

How NOBLE of Them that after decades of watching African people Starve to Death, Kill each other and Die of Simple Curable Diseases that they eliminated the Debt. Wow. I feel so Proud.

So - they like have waited for so long, for What exactly?

Were they Not Aware?

There are not Enough TV Stations in Africa to cover all the Death and Misery there.

But still - those lives lost dont mean anything to you anyway.

Its the Same Planet we all Live on, remember?

"Who DO You think You ARE? We are Living in a Small World!"

Capleton

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by colin_hal
Souljah, I think you make an excellent point. Keep in mind however that its human nature to care more for your own kind than others.
But your point is solid, because part of what the world is going through now is what the human being has brought upon himself by being extremely selfish.

Thanks.

I understand that "we care for your own kind best".

So, who is your Kind?

Mine is Humanity - for I am a citizen of this Planet that we all Share.

So, why is Blood of an Englishman more valuable then the Blood of an Iraqi?

When a terrorist event happens in Iraq, its no longer news, which is probably why no one really cares anymore.
When it happens in the West, its real news, because its not everyday that its happening. Also it happens all in one go.

Yeah you are probably Right.

People have gotten NUMB to News coming from Iraq - its like the Weather Forceast; always there.

Exactly how the News coming from Africa about Death, Disease, Destruction and Despair - and again, everybody is NUMB and says: "Hey, thats Far AWAY!"

But its NOT.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Ahhh YES!

How NOBLE of Them that after decades of watching African people Starve to Death, Kill each other and Die of Simple Curable Diseases that they eliminated the Debt. Wow. I feel so Proud.

So - they like have waited for so long, for What exactly?

Were they Not Aware?

There are not Enough TV Stations in Africa to cover all the Death and Misery there.

"Who DO You think You ARE? We are Living in a Small World!"

Capleton

Who ever said we waited?? We've been funding Africa for years, just not at the level Blair wished it to be.

your right, they are all busy covering US atrocities in Iraq.

did you say that cause im an American? or just because you think you know me. Well since my name means nothing to you ill bet its the first one.

So that means where brothers.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Perhaps if people such as yourself, and others, did not condone the actions of terrorist, then maybe the message of "humanity as being one"would mean something to them.

Errr, I take that back, sorry, "terrorists" do not give one damn about "humanity being one," do they?

Btw, has the UN or those Human Rights organizations or activist groups compiled a list of Human Rights Violations they have committed?

seekerof

[edit on 10-7-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
evanfitz,

WTF are you trying to Fool?

Yourself?

Africa is The Prison Continent for Decades!

It has been like that since the White Man came and started to Rape the Continent with his Greed and his Superior Weaponary.

Today the Greedy White Man does not Stain his Hands with the Blood of Black Men in Africa - he instead sells them Weapons and then Makes Money out of a Number of Civil Wars that have Struck this Continent for Years!

And now you think that the West is doing their "Mother Theresa" act, by writing away the Debt, that they could not repay Anyway in 100 years?!?!

As I said before - thats such a NOBLE act, that it makes me want to PUKE!

The Hypochrisy of the West is so SICKENING, that I just got a Headache from Thinking about it!

What about all the Civil Wars?

The Poverty?

The Increasing HIV Problems?

You think that will just Go away when the Western Politicians Wave their Magic Wand and say: "Puffff! Now you are Liberated!"

PLEASE!

Check out WARS IN AFRICA and Read'em:

ALGERIA 1954-1962 war of independence
1992- civil war and civilian unrest

ANGOLA 1961-1975 war of independence
1975- 2002 civil war, power struggle for natural resources

BURUNDI 1972 massacre
1988- ethnic conflict continuing despite peace process

CAMEROON 1955-1960 war of independence

CHAD 1980-1987, 1990-1995 civil war and factional struggles

CONGO-Brazzaville 1993-1995, 1997- ethnic violence and aftermath

CONGO DR 1960 - 65 political and ethnic violence
1998 - civil war, some moves towards peace

DJIBUTI 1991 regional civil war

ERITREA 1998-2002 interstate war

ETHIOPIA 1998-2002 interstate war

ETHIOPIA and ERITREA 1998-2002 interstate war

GHANA 1981, 1994 ethnic disputes

GUINEA-BISSAU 1962-1974 war of independence
1998-1999 civil war and aftermath

IVORY COAST 2002 civil war

KENYA 1952-1963 war of independence
1990- ethnic violence

LIBERIA 1985-1988 coup reprisal killings
1990-1996 civil war and aftermath
2000- rebel insurgency and cross-border conflicts

LIBYA 1996 civil war

MADAGASCAR 1947-1948 war of independence

MALI 1990-1995 regional civil war

MOROCCO 1953-1956 war of independence

MOZAMBIQUE 1965-1975 war of independence
1981-1992 famine and civil war

NAMIBIA
NIGER 1991- regional civil war

NIGERIA 1997 - recurrent ethnic, religious and political conflict

RWANDA 1956-1965, 1992,
ethnic conflict and aftermath
1994-1995 ethnic conflict and aftermath

SENEGAL 1960-2001 separatist conflict

SIERRA LEONE 1991-1996, 1997- 2001 civil war and aftermath

SOMALIA 1988- civil war and factional struggles

SOUTH AFRICA 1976 civilian uprising
1983-1994 political violence

SUDAN 1963-1972, 1984 - civil war

TOGO 1991

TUNISIA 1952-1954 war of independence

UGANDA 1966 ethnic unrest
1971-1979 brutal dictatorship
1981-1987 civil war
1990- rebel/ethnic violence

WESTERN SAHARA 1975-87 unresolved war of independence

ZAMBIA 1964 ethnic and political conflict

ZIMBABWE 1972-1979 political conflict
1983 - 1984 political and ethnic violence

www.ppu.org.uk...

How Many Weapons Factories are there in Africa?

How Many Ammunition Plants are there in Africa?

How Many Military Corporations are there in Africa?

Who Got RICH over these Wars then, tell me my Friend, WHO?

The GREEDY Ones.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Errr, I take that back, sorry, "terrorists" do not give one damn about "humanity being one," do they?

I Agree with You, Sir.

Who is the Worlds Biggest Terrorist Supporting Organisation we all know - dear old CIA.

DO you think Money Greedy Corporations give a Damn about You or Me anyway?

Or about those Dead in London Recently?

Or about those Dead in Iraq Today?

Or about those Dying children in Africa?

No, they dont.

And they never Will.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by colin_hal

It is important on what Souljah does; But I debate him cause he takes a sharp left turn on issues. Its nature that we don't agree. I wish this world could be as simple as "that". But it isn't and thats the truth. Peace can never be obtained through man. "If you want peace, prepare for war"
Im a bible person, not a conservative, neo-con, neo-nazi (hence my last avatar) and especially not a Bush supporter, so I guess you could call me a liberal I don't care.
I have mixed feelings on this war. Its a maze, just when you think your doing good something like DU comes up and brings you crashing down. Im not impressed with this administration, but is it really about me?

I like to debate of problems about Bush and his buddies but I chose this thread because sometimes people will drift on topics and begin to slowly progress the story with theory. It isn't right to hear a one sided story.

I really do care about Africa and people living in poverty, and it really sickens me when Americans say "Fix our poverty before we fix anyone elses".

Someone posted on this forum a long time ago "The bad always overrides the Good".

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Remember what you said? We all live on the same planet. so don't be so diverse and racist.
Remember what I said, were brothers.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Your rhetoric is typical for a "revolutionary" and terrorists, alike, is it not?
How ironic, eh?

You talk of "humanity" and "children in Africa" and the plight of this and that, all the while condoning the actions of terrorists. If terrorist were in charge of this world today, would it be any better? Would the children in Africa still be dying? Would there still be those who are greedy and after sole power? Would those "greedy corporations" still exist? Would the CIA be replaced by something with simply another name?

Give me a break.
Terrorists are simply that: terrorists.They take the form of governments or cell groups, such as Al-Qa'eda. The problem here is that generally, governments do not malicious and purposely target innocent civilians to make political points, etc., terrorists do.

Which side again did you say that you condone?

seekerof

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
The War on Terrorism is largely misunderstood. Terror can't be beat, but thug groups like "The Base", "Mafia" etc. is where we have a winning chance.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   
The "war on terrorism" is a message to terrorists:
No longer will malicious, calculated, and callous acts of terrorism be tolerated.

seekerof

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join