It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Begining of The End?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Scientists have stated that 2004 was a record year for Hurricanes and the damage to Florida and the surrounding Gulf states is unpresedented in our history as a nation. Now in early July of 2005, we have already had 4 named storms and Hurricane Dennis is poised to make it's strike in Alabama, Florida's Panhandle, or Ms. Is there anyone out there that thinks this series of monster storms, coupled with last year's storms, are the Begining of the end to the somewhat normal weather we have come to know? I suspect that the issue of Global Warming has been fueling these massive and catostrophic Hurricane's we have been expereinceing from '04 to present time. The current Hurricane Dennis is now a Cat.4, and is going to tear someone a new a$$h@le on the Gulf Coast.
I cannot help but to take note just what Man has done to expidite this unusual weather pattern. The amounts of Co2 and other pollutents we pump in the air everyday from our cars, factories, and powerplants sure are not helping the problem any. Along with this, Mans progress has been mowing down more and more of the valuable Rain Forests around the world in an ever quicking way. These are the filters we need to have in place so we can breathe; but in Mans quest for the Dollar bill, all else gets pushed aside.
I aslo suspect that our govt. has known for some time that this was coming down the pike so to say. The reason I say this is because the Govt. has the SuperComputers and they own the majority of the Satelites in space. They have the info. way before we the citizens know what is going on and this gives them the precious time they need to move their assets out of harms way. Then well after the fact, it is trickled down to us by N.O.A.A.
The scientific studies have been telling us that this was coming for years now and the Govt. just kept on saying it's not so. Would the U.S. get in line with the other G8 nations on the Kyoto issue? America has been dragging it's feet on this issue for years also. The lawmakers in D.C. do not care when 10s of thousands of families are displaced by the ravaging of Mother Nature's Fury.Tell that to the people who have to live in trailers because the of our Govts. inaction on this and other Enviromental issues such as catostropic weather. I think Man has started a terrible chain of events that cannot be reversed. Now, can you tell me if this is the begining of the end?

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   
The Kyoto issue is largely irrelevant now since the Indonesian Tsunami.
After that massive quake it seems to have set into motion the reawakening of slumbering volcanoes. Worldwide volcano activity seems to be on the rise. They can easily cough up more green house gases in a shorter period of time than men can, and for each one that comes to life, you speed up the process even further.

So, what are we supposed to do about those things outside of man's control that contribute to global warming?

Nothing. So enjoy the ride.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by FLYIN HIGH
Scientists have stated that 2004 was a record year for Hurricanes and the damage to Florida and the surrounding Gulf states is unpresedented in our history as a nation.

Only since the Europeans settled America, and ONLY in the parts of America that the English-speakers documented. And the damage only speaks about property value. It doesn't talk about damage to the land and the ecology.

There were massive hurricanes back when the only people around were Native Americans. Can you imagine what one would have done to tiny coastal villages?

Is there anyone out there that thinks this series of monster storms, coupled with last year's storms, are the Begining of the end to the somewhat normal weather we have come to know?

"normal" is a concept with a wide range of meanings. If you'd been alive during the Little Ice Age in the 1600's, you'd have thought that colder weather was the norm and things warming up (and the changes in the weather pattern as the earth and sea warmed up) were abnormal.

In fact, you'd find the climate of the 1960's MOST abnormal.

Weather is a set of averages. It's not like a car, where it's supposed to be tuned to something.

I suspect that the issue of Global Warming has been fueling these massive and catostrophic Hurricane's we have been expereinceing from '04 to present time.

Weather doesn't work that way. One year's temperature rise in some areas doesn't have a huge impact.

You're right that signs of global warming have been mentioned in connection with the weather -- but what you miss is that it's not been going on for one year or five years, but for decades. At least since the1980's. Right now, when the US needs to lead the way in being responsible about cutting emissions and so forth, we are led by a President who is more interested in his friends in big business and less by the (less well funded) ecologists.

I aslo suspect that our govt. has known for some time that this was coming down the pike so to say.

If you'd been tracking the news, you'd have seen that the present administration has been censoring scientists' reports about global warming for several years.
www.elitestv.com...

After the aide making the changes was caught, he left the government... and got a job with Exxon-Mobil:
www.wsws.org...

The reason I say this is because the Govt. has the SuperComputers and they own the majority of the Satelites in space.

Actually, they don't own the biggest and best supercomputer and they don't own the majority of satellites in space. The majority are owned by telecomm companies and other commercial ventures.

They have the info. way before we the citizens know what is going on

No they don't. The ones who have the data early are the folks at universities and science research centers. And it's global... some of the teams are multinational; not just US teams. They give the news to scientific journals and to the media. The only governments that own scientists and research exclusively are the dictatorships.

and this gives them the precious time they need to move their assets out of harms way.

Their assets are human beings. If they don't have any humans to govern, they have no income and no workers and no way of getting resources. If attacked, they have no support infrastructure and no defense.

Then well after the fact, it is trickled down to us by N.O.A.A.

The Weather Channel uses the same satellites as NOAA does. NOAA is nationally coordinated, but if you listen to any tv weather or radio weather, you'll see they're not getting their weather news from NOAA but rather from local weather forecasters who have gone to school to learn how to do this.

It ain't rocket science.

The scientific studies have been telling us that this was coming for years now and the Govt. just kept on saying it's not so. Would the U.S. get in line with the other G8 nations on the Kyoto issue? America has been dragging it's feet on this issue for years also.

Ever since Bush was elected for the first time. Bush didn't believe in global warming and immediately undid some of the protections that Clinton (who DID believe in it) set up.

The lawmakers in D.C. do not care when 10s of thousands of families are displaced by the ravaging of Mother Nature's Fury.

Families driven into bankruptcy by storm damange and people who die because they leave the area can't pay taxes. Houses that are demolished because of damage aren't as lucrative a source of income and taxes as undamaged neighborhoods. Towns that lose population don't have the income to support road repairs and other services that bring people and businesses into town in the first place.

So tell me how displacing people is going to increase governemnt income?

Tell that to the people who have to live in trailers because the of our Govts. inaction on this and other Enviromental issues such as catostropic weather.

You apparently haven't lived in an area that's been hit by these storms, right? I hardly know where to begin to address the misconceptions in that sentence, but folks who do live in that area generally are in temporary housing while their houses are rebuilt (1-5 months) and don't live in temporary housing (can also be housing complexes that were undamaged in the storm, etc) for much longer than that. Those that have more damage generally have the site razed and then move away and sell the land.

I think Man has started a terrible chain of events that cannot be reversed. Now, can you tell me if this is the begining of the end?

I think the impacts of MAN can be reversed... but not the effects of the sun and the continental movements and other geologic changes in Earth. I think the other countries are doing well to start addressing this.

And I think Bush is an idiot with his head in the sand.

new topics

join