It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is BBC "UK-commies broadcast" ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 06:46 AM
link   
British Broacasting Corporation (Or company) : A communist network ?

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 06:49 AM
link   
hmmmm.....i really don't know if they are. I haven't seen anything to say that they're a communist network.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS
British Broacasting Corporation (Or company) : A communist network ?

*rolls around laughing*
BBC? Commies?

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Whatever makes you think that?!
The BBC has always stayed well within the boundaries of good taste and is quite conservative in this way. The news coverage is neutral and un-editorial.

If anything, the BBC comes across as centrist, as far as politics are concerned.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Other than being publically funded by hideous TV taxes, it seems pretty neutral to me. No hammers, sickles, or calls to kill the rich and redistribute the wealth.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 10:59 AM
link   
The network that brought us the genius of Monty Python's Flying Circus a commie institution?! NEVER!

P...
m...

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I will only believe this about the BBC when i see the teletubies turn to communist and when tinky winky becomes the new stalin

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 03:17 PM
link   
No, silly the BBC is the Baghdad Brodcasting Corporation.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 03:23 PM
link   
In what way is it a commie network? Please explain.

*fumes*

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 03:26 PM
link   
The BBC is exactly like NPR and PBS in America. Left-wing mouths supported by the respective governments.

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Come on then, explain why the BBC is a commie broadcast?

Or are you going to veto this post?

[Edited on 19-8-2003 by Zzub]

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Nans, you've overdone the Pernod. The BBC is the March of God through history: the finest organisation in the world and England's gift to benighted non-cricket-players.
It's new, it's old-fashioned, it's improved, it's traditional.
Scarcely a bed-fellow of governments: hence the Blair-Kelly unpleasantness or for that matter the Falklands-Thatcher unpleasantness 20 years ago.
It is a bureaucracy "run" by Oxbridge hacks and government toads but the journalists are the best. It is -emphatically -the only international "medium" that is pretty much trusted outside the white man's world.

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Not that Estragon has anything against "Oxbridge hacks and government toads " of course, he is one of the former and if the price were right he'd fancy being one of the latter.
Seriously, Nans: warts and all, the Beeb (World Service Radio, I stress, not the UK TV or the dubious world TV service) is the best: and I could bore posters with many a tale of Estragon's journey's among the heathen peasantry where the only source of any information that was trusted was the World Service.

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 10:50 AM
link   
And how did this thread get into a forum designed explicitly to cater for the descendants (some of them, at least) those who abandoned the virtues of rule from Westminster, pronouncing "herb" correctly, complete ignorance of baseball, driving on the right side of the road, coining words such as "copacetic",and of correct spelling!!??
Something about PBS, perhaps?

top topics

join