It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Church

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
My mom is "forcing" me to go to church...i'm only 15 but I don't want to go to church as I don't "believe" in any religion except what I want to believe. I consider myself atheist and don't want to learn about the Christian ways

What should I do?

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
You're 15. You don't really have much of a choice, and honestly, there's no way you could have done enough research to come to a well informed conclusion about religion. Go to church, because you should learn more about life, and if that doesn't motivate you...then go because you have to legally do what your parents say for 3 more years.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Go to church, til your 18. If you have open and loving parents who really do have your best interest at heart, tell them that you dont like going, and don't like being forced to go.

IN Hebrews 13:17
"Obey your leaders and submit to thier authority. They keep watch over you as men whyo must give an account. Obey them so that their work will be a joy, not a burden, for that would be of no advatage toyou"

But dont forget John 3: 7-8
"Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. he who does what is right is righteous. He who does what is sinful is of the devil, becuase the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the son of GOd appreared was to destroy the devil's work"

You may not think the quotes above have any meaning, but it does to your parents and church leaders (i hope) so you can know what the other side is going to think

So... since you are a minor, you are still under thier authority, but dont let thier authority make you bitter and angry about Church. You would probly much rather stay at home then have to spend time at a boring chruch service. In that your parents and church leaders are at fault.

I highly doubt you are an atheist, but more of an agnostic, or deist. But not letting people "plead" thier case to you, and for you to prove your belief is not fair to them either. I would much rather to be able to prove the stregth of what I belive then just be selfish and not hear the other side

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Words of Wisdom Jehosephat!

IX
helen

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
As in actual Athiest, I can sympathize with your situation......I was raised Mormon and fought tooth and nail with my parents to stop going to church.
Only caused pain and heart ache......there are constructive ways to look at the situation....

Look at it as a sociological experiment......rather than focusing on why you don't believe, attempt an understanding of why other people believe.

Attempt to readily understand the objectives of any given 'lesson'......if you take the side of many conspiracists here, then you are actually in the lion's den(pun intended) itself.....take advatage of the time you have to spend there and look closer and with an objective mind.......ten years from now, you'll be glad you did......

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
yeah .. the best thing is to go just for the sacke of not causing arguments... beside you'll be 18 soon, 3 years will fly by ... you wont even notice... and who knows...maybe you will even learn something you like after all... gotta keep yourself open so you can grow and learn...

top topics

join