It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America would be better spending its money on arms to Britain

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Why don't you guys wise up and spend some money on the British armed forces instead of Israel, who keep stabbing you in the back. Our Government is against spending on up to date equipment for the forces so we have to start begging you for help. The European arms manufacturers are about 10 years behind you, if you want Britain to be on your side give us some of your high teck stuff, then we can be a fighting force again.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
You have got to be trolling.

Either that or a Brit wannabe American who has little clue as to the realities of the British armed forces.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I think we'd be better off cutting off aid to Israel and spending more money on our own military. No matter how helpful Britain has always been historically, it's better to have more troops and equipment under your own command rather than rely on allies.

Anyway, I don't think Britain needs the financial help -- it needs a willingness to invest more in the military.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I’m all for cutting off aid, military tech and grants to Israel they give to much of our tech to China and stir up to much anti American hate. I don't know about the British military so I wont comment on them. I will say that its good thing the British will not and did not turn tail like the Spaniards and cower to the terrorists.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bulldog 52
Why don't you guys wise up and spend some money on the British armed forces instead of Israel, who keep stabbing you in the back. Our Government is against spending on up to date equipment for the forces so we have to start begging you for help. The European arms manufacturers are about 10 years behind you, if you want Britain to be on your side give us some of your high teck stuff, then we can be a fighting force again.

100% agree with you.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Certainly agree that funding to Israel should cease, but why should America start funding you guys when your own government won't? Surely your own government has to show they are prepared to spend before you go 'cap in hand' to America.

For the record I think it is appalling that the British government sends troops off to fight who are ill-equiped.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Why don't you guys wise up and spend some money on the British armed forces instead of Israel

You guys??? Since when did I become "you guys". I don't make decisions on where my tax dollars go...and if I did it sure as hell would not go to YOU.

Yeah, umm even if "we" (as you say)
give money to "you" (the brits) how are you (the cits of britain) assured that it will go to the military? I mean, it's not a matter of finances....it's a matter of you (your government) putting your (and all the other Brit taxpayers) money to the your military

BTW, since your in the mood for pointing fingers and catogorizing all Americans as "you" and telling us that we need to "wise up"....why don't You stop paying money to support the queen and Charles and all the other useless titles over there that serve absolutely no purpose in life with the exception of sucking up money on useless jewelry, ski-trips and expensive cars? How about putting that money to the military? Im waiting for your answer.

Note: the above statement was not meant to offend anyone. It was purely for the sake of argument and to show the author how stupid he sounds with his you's and his "wise ups". I have no problem with the Queen, I could care less what kind of car she rides in or how many ski-trips her family goes on.

Peace

Edit: yeah I agree...we should stop funding Israel

[edit on 10/7/2005 by SportyMB]

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB
You guys??? Since when did I become "you guys". I don't make decisions on where my tax dollars go...and if I did it sure as hell would not go to YOU.

Yeah, umm even if "we" (as you say)
give money to "you" (the brits) how are you (the cits of britain) assured that it will go to the military? I mean, it's not a matter of finances....it's a matter of you (your government) putting your (and all the other Brit taxpayers) money to the your military

You didnt even read the first post because he asks for latest technology, not money. Where did this notion of him asking for money come from Sporty?

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
[...] I will say that its good thing the British will not and did not turn tail like the Spaniards and cower to the terrorists.

The Spaniards didnt cower to the terrorist. It was a big election issue for the current president to draw the troops from Iraq. And that even was before the current terrorist wave down there started. And polls indicated that he would have won over Aznar anyway, with or without the pre-election Madrid attacks. In fact, many Spaniards I know believe Aznar went with the "coalition of the willing" against the will of his peope to get a place in the history books, because he didnt achieve to much before that.

Originally posted by SportyMB
BTW, [...] why don't You stop paying money to support the queen and Charles [...] that serve absolutely no purpose in life with the exception of sucking up money on useless jewelry, ski-trips and expensive cars?

IIRC, multiple studies say that the british economy has a larger outcome from the royal family than they spent on it. Not only the increased tourism, but also a lot of royal souvenirs or a load of successful tabloid papers that wouldnt have enough to write about without the royals

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
You didnt even read the first post because he asks for latest technology, not money. Where did this notion of him asking for money come from Sporty?

If I may answer that, I guess this notion came from the first sentence of the first post...

Why don't you guys wise up and spend some money on the British armed forces instead of Israel, who keep stabbing you in the back.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by cargo

Well let's look at what he said:

Why don't you guys wise up and spend some money on the British armed forces instead of Israel,

Sure sounds like he wants the U.S. to spend money on British troops (i.e. asking for money) to me....

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lonestar24
IIRC, multiple studies say that the british economy has a larger outcome from the royal family than they spent on it. Not only the increased tourism, but also a lot of royal souvenirs or a load of successful tabloid papers that wouldnt have enough to write about without the royals

I wasn't going to comment on this, but you have prompted me to do so. The royal family costs the British people very little only cents per person per year. You make a good point about tourist dollars and the like. They are an industry in their own right that generates thousand of dollars for the UK.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 03:17 AM
link   

IIRC, multiple studies say that the british economy has a larger outcome from the royal family than they spent on it.

Good point
, I know that...I didnt intend for anyone to answer that...I wanted to see if bulldog would do so and what his answer would be....but this is ATS..so ofcourse someone is gonna answer

Anyways, The point still remains......sounds like Britain is doing quit well for themselves when it comes to money and even the royal family is almost self supportive in most aspects. So again, Bulldog 52, why do WE Americans need to give MONEY to YOU the Brits to help finance your military?

Our Government is against spending on up to date equipment for the forces so we have to start begging you for help

If your governmant is against spending money on upto date equipment......how is giving them money going to help if they're against it?

if you want Britain to be on your side give us some of your high teck stuff, then we can be a fighting force again.

No comment :shk:

cargo, I did read the first post

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 03:25 AM
link   
We've spent much more in the last couple years in Iraq then we've ever given to Israel.

But I still agree we should cut them off, I see no reason to give them money especially after they've stabbed us in the back by selling our stuff to China.

[edit on 7/10/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Greetings,

No offense but this is a pointless thread, if you wish to dicuss the fact that the US are pumping money into an Ally that passes on that technology onto possible or future enemies, please do so, but no one that has ANY knowledge of the UK Armed Forces, would even have considered posting.

Sure we don't have the money or numbers of the US but we have the skill, Training and Professionalism.

If we need help, we would ask.

- Phil

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
It doesn't take a lot of money. I mean, look at the way Clinton helped the Chinese advance their nuclear warheads and delivery systems by decades! On top of that, he made money for him and his party in the process. We could easily assist our good ally pro bono in the same manner, right?

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Sorry my post come across as asking for money, thats not what i meant. I just thought all the money you spend on Israel could be better spent letting the UK have some of your high teck stuff at cost price. We need to get away from the British idea that if it works lets not spend money on it.
I want the British armed forces to be given the tools to do the job.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I think we should be willing to sell practically anything to the UK, but would the UK really start buying Nimitz carriers, Ohio submarines, and B2 stealth bombers?

What do you think the UK would want to buy from the U.S. that it can't now Bulldog? Just wondering...

[edit on 7/11/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
We've spent much more in the last couple years in Iraq then we've ever given to Israel.

But I still agree we should cut them off, I see no reason to give them money especially after they've stabbed us in the back by selling our stuff to China.

[edit on 7/10/2005 by djohnsto77]

US is about to give Israel 3 billion to fund the gaza pull out.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Sorry my post come across as asking for money, thats not what i meant. I just thought all the money you spend on Israel could be better spent letting the UK have some of your high teck stuff at cost price. We need to get away from the British idea that if it works lets not spend money on it.
I want the British armed forces to be given the tools to do the job.

I didnt relise that we needed american help, I didnt relise that we where defenceless with out america's armed services and I certanly did not relise that some of my fellow brits have such insultingly low and disgusting opinions about the MOD.

A) The UK is one of the most advanced military forces on the planet= FACT
B) The UK has the best trained troops on the planet= FACT
C) The UK is the ASW force for NATO= FACT
D) The MOD uses multiple technologies many from the US and many systems on par or being better than US systems.
E) You are deliberately trolling, this is the 3rd or 4th time you have "down graded" the MOD to being next to worthless.
F) You have no idea about any part of your armed services and probably have never been in/on/around or even looked at a military ship/vehicle/base/ aircraft in your life!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join