It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Man Hammered A 122mm Nail Into His Head After "Hearing Voice"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   

MosNews: Russian Man Hammers Nail Into Head After “Hearing Voice”

A 37-year-old Russian man, Yuri Dedov, who was home alone took a hammer and drove a 122-millimeter nail into his head all the way down to the nailhead. His mother came home and thought her son had a fever. When she saw the nail she called an ambulance. He was taken to hospital and had a successful operation. The doctor said that the nail didn´t reach the brain and he was extremely lucky to survive.

The man explained that he had heard a voice in his head saying: "Take a hammer and do it!".

This is a good example showing that to do what you´re told isn´t always the smartest thing to do...

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   
it reminds me of amityville horror rony defeo heard voices to kill his family catchem kill em or something is what it said

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
When you say "If soandso told you to jump off a bridge, would you?" it's assumed you wouldn't. I'd think this would be an even better example.

I assume he wasn't in best of mental health at the time, but if you hear a voice saying nail a nail in your head, that's a very good reason not too.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 07:18 AM
link   
A little detail puzzles me...

"a 122-millimeter nail into his head all the way down to the nailhead."

and

"The doctor said that the nail didn´t reach the brain "...

Where was his brain?

I know that most russians have been used to obey orders since 1917, but this is a bit over the edge...

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt

"The doctor said that the nail didn´t reach the brain "...

Where was his brain?

That's what I thought, too....

Where is this man's brain?!?!?!??!?!

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
The brain isn't solid. In fact, there's a number of chambers in it that are filled with cerebrospinal fluid. The major one is the division between the two hemispheres of the brain (it's called the "longitudinal cerebral fissure" ... you always wanted to know that, right?)

That's where he drove the nail.

Here's a page on brain anatomy as seen from above (warning: real brain. Not gross, just a real brain):
www.vh.org...

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   
And there I was, hoping we might've had our first real case of "Confirmed - Man found, with brain located in crotch area!"

He got lucky.

Very, very lucky.

Anyone remember the guy with the knife driven into his skull? It was on an episode of one of those real-life emergency room shows. Another freak occurrence with no serious sequelae. Classic stuff.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
That's where he drove the nail.

He obviously had one of those 'super duper' mail order hammers...you know, the ones with a lifetime guarantee.

I'm waiting to see what he does with his FREE steak knives.

join