It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Italy Arrests 142 in Milan Terror Sweep

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
In response to the terrorist attacks on London's mass transportation systems, police in Milan conducted a two-day anti-terror security sweep in and around Milan which netted 142 arrests and the recovery of 3.3 lbs of explosive material. Most of those arrested were illegal immigrants and will be deported from the country.

news.bbc.co.uk
Italian police have arrested 142 people as part of a two-day anti-terror operation in and around Milan.

One and a half kilos (3.3 pounds) of explosive were found, reports say.

Some 2,000 Carabinieri police took part in the raid, aimed at boosting security at sensitive locations such as underground and train stations.

An internet claim of responsibility for the London bombings threatened Italy and Denmark with similar attacks, but its credibility has been questioned.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It looks like the London bombings have prompted at least Italy to take a more pro-active approach to terror investigations. I hope this security sweep successfully thwarted any planned attack in Milan.

Related News Links:
www.newsday.com

[edit on 7/9/2005 by djohnsto77]

[edit on 10-7-2005 by John bull 1]

[edit on 11-7-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Did they do this blind? If so they got lucky in finding explosives. If they didnt do it blind they certainly were playing with fire to leave it for one single sweep.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Some good news for a change.

The arrests seemed to have been centered on the notion to combat illegal immigration and street crime, and not racial profling.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Look on the fbi most wanted list and most are foriegners or illegals. About time and hooray for Italy.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Yeah, this is good news
I think every now and then countries should do large scale sweeps for things like gangs, illegal immigrants, chesters and terrorist.....keeps people in check and sets an example for many of the would-be's out there.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntelRetard
Look on the fbi most wanted list and most are foriegners or illegals. About time and hooray for Italy.

FBI top ten list:
Name - Place of Birth
Jorge Alberto Lopez-Orozco: Mexico
USAMA BIN LADEN - Saudi Arabia
Diego Leon Montoya Sanchez - Trujillo, Colombia
JAMES J. BULGER - Boston, Massachusetts
GENERO ESPINOSA DORANTES - Pachuca, Hidalgo, Mexico
Robert William Fisher - Brooklyn, New York
Victor Manuel Gerena - New York, New York
RICHARD STEVE GOLDBERG - Brooklyn, New York
GLEN STEWART GODWIN - Miami, Florida
DONALD EUGENE WEBB - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

That's the top ten, it's 5 for 5, so most are not. I also had a look over the rest of the list and it looks like most are American.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 02:12 AM
link   
i have a friend who was in milan who's been there for like the last week, thank god nothing happend

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Deport them!??! Shoot them more like. Those 'people' are terrorists and deserved to be shot, or maimed. Deport them and they will just go and do it somewhere else.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar
Deport them!??! Shoot them more like. Those 'people' are terrorists and deserved to be shot, or maimed. Deport them and they will just go and do it somewhere else.
AFTER their access to due process of the law and a speedy and open trial. Of which a jury of their peers unanimously agrees that they are, indeed, terrorists. I hope you mean

[edit on 10/7/05 by subz]

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
cmon yall

this is a conspiracy website why is everyone eating propaganda like its candy????

Honestly who gained from the terrorists attacks?
Rightwingers in UK , USA, elsewhere

what are you people allowing them to do? come into everyones house looking thru all our stuff to decide if we are good or not

ok guys BS
im calling all of you on it

u act like terrorism is real and Bush is a good guy
whatever, the real terrorists are the Rich guys DUH!
its always been that way it always will be
Osama is a stooge...

cmon this is conspiracy discussion im trying to add some flavor to it
ive listed like 8 conspiracys in this one post to make up for all u who bite the propaganda stick

they arrested 140 some odd people and only found 3pounds of explosives eh? so that means each person had what? a quarter ounce of it on them? everyone was guilty right?

Actualy i bet the truth is more like this "Only a few of them were guilty" but they "threw the rest in with them to hit 2 birds with one stone"

oh and heres another conspiracy i just thought up off the top my head just to keep the discussion fun and wild

what if the explosives were Planted just to make the operation legit?
seriously

this could just be a backstabbing way for the govt to arrest dissentors or something of that nature < People who havent hurt anyone yet

what is this minority report? were arresting people for future crimes now?
arresting people just because?

seriously everything i said here is very very possible
i dont believe in anything , but i do think its all possible

the least possible reality however; is the BS the media feeds us
its all lies cmon we been saying that forever and then boom we all fall comfortably right back into the "terrorists are out to get us" BS its not even true its all a CIA crafted lie , and they stole it from the other 5000 civilizations that used the same technique on their own people to instill fear and order and submission

BS i aint submitting
sorry to play devils advocate but still

This is a Conspiracy website not a mainstream news channel
why is everyone accepting the story as fact?
no one even looked into it u just make opinions saying "they did the right thing" "good "
u didnt even know the truth and u accepted it????

WTF guys seriously
how did u get brainwashed overnight cuz yesterday everyone of you was talking conspiracy stuff

its all speculation so what? thats what a conspiracy theory is speculation
and anyways theres no evidence to be "Had' anyways its all destroyed distorted or hidden
thats how conspiracy theory works; and thats why it was created
because a lack of evidence yet a cause-effect scenario is played out before our eyes

we just gotta pinpoint Why
one day we will
and we will all be surprised im sure
i cant wait until we find the truth

but i Highly Doubt u will find the Truth on Mainstream Media especially about "terrorists"

guys....lighten up a bit
lets have more fun than accepting BS
lets conspiracy theorize lol

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   
The best way to be a terrorist is to pretend you never exist in the country and that is why illegal immigrants should be checked on, one because they should not be there and two its perfect terrorist cover. Its not a conspiracy its the way that story is.
Immigrants stand out in Italy its obvious because they have little 2nd generation families compared to the uk lets say. Its easyer to find them, discrimination could come into it but Italy and spain is the first place of entry through north africa via boats.
Best to be vigilant in todays world, people are using our freedom and way of life to act as moral deciples as terror againts the west and european values.

[edit on 10-7-2005 by The time lord]

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
This website is not just about conspiracies, there is a below top secret section for other news too. All articles do not have to represent a conspiracy spin to them although most people here are of that interest for why it was made.

Stories like this could have conspiracy themed connections but some people just want to discuss the latest story some so they can see if it relates to their view of the world, not everybody will be right or have the same view. Does not matter if one person agrees or does not agree, some might be interested in others views some just for the story and access to participate, its all fun.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
cmon yall

this is a conspiracy website why is everyone eating propaganda like its candy????

Honestly who gained from the terrorists attacks?
Rightwingers in UK , USA, elsewhere

[.....................]

but i Highly Doubt u will find the Truth on Mainstream Media especially about "terrorists"

guys....lighten up a bit
lets have more fun than accepting BS

Quite right !!

There's just WAY too much to even try to condense in a reply post.
go here yoursef: www.waynemadsenreport.com...

conspiricies
? to link Iran as supplying the RDX/C4 explosives
to the London bombers, and the contraband seized in the recent raids??

?also, that Italy is cleaning house, because they're aware of US & allied
false flag sleeper cells, for which to accuse AQ

?any of the top 5 or 6 news items (July 10th back to July 5th...._

including the 13 CIA agents sought, while apprehending the 142 others!!

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
You want to stop the war on terror? Round up Bush Blair Cheney Rumsfeld Rice Rove and the rest of those dastardly neo cons. The realy bad guys with WMD's and the absolute power to terrorize the world are right under our noses, telling us lies and trying to put the blame for this war on middle eastern people who simply want the USA and company out of their countries, not in Tehran thinking about how to turn their poverty stricken lives into a suicide bombing mission.

Muzzleflash is right on. If the USA was out of Iraq by next month, the war would be over. But all we get fed is lies and misinformation and propaganda which say that to secure peace in our homelands we must wage war in foreign lands.

So ridiculously obvious, as most truth is, that we fail to see it.

BE SMART. DON'T BELIEVE A SINGLE WORD THAT THE MASS MEDIA TELLS YOU. They just want to make you afraid and fearful as they hand in glove with the government tighten their pervasive control while telling you that it's for your own safety and security. Future crimes indeed. How does a society go about arresting people who haven't done anything yet? Heresay? Rumors? Suspicions? This is how the Communists stopped any opposition.

Are we all going to start reporting on each other? Calling government hotlines when someone rubs us the wrong way? Running to the FBI when we see some shady Arab guy carrying a bowling ball bag?

Come on people. Be free. We all have to die someday. And you should be prepared to die at any moment. What you should not be prepared to do is let the system go out of control with the corruption that absolute power brings.

Fact is we must all become freedom fighters because our governments are no longer our own. They are the very things they accuse (powerless and poor) nations like Iraq and Iran of being. Tyrannical, despotic, megalomaniacal, and just plain stupid: in a word BUSH.

Don't let them pull the wool over your eyes. A revolution is in order.

"Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state."

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers."

"Advertisements... contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper."

Thomas Jefferson

"A society that will trade a little liberty for a little order will deserve neither and lose both."

Benjamin Franklin

Sense used to reign in our elected officials. Now only the objects of greed and absolute power reside in Washington.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Just a quick question:

What has Blair and the British Government gained from this?

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 02:44 AM
link   
im not saying i believe in my speculations or anything

all im saying is that we need to exercise that 'grey matter' or the 'brain'

its like a muscle, the more u exercise ur brain the stronger it gets

always take things lightly; and ask questions
look around for information its fun

thinking and speculating about "reading inbetween the lines" is a very healthy thing to do
it keeps you on ur gaurd

i dont know what blair gains from this; but im sure someone around here could fill us in on that lol

i was just making suggestions; im not saying i have any information linked to any of this

i was saying however; that the media is well known for distorting facts to fit various dubious agendas
and we should be very wary of their current agenda whatever it could be

who knows really
but if we Add all the media stories togeather; it forms an odd picture
an extremely contradictory picture full of paradoxes and inconsistancys

thats what makes speculation even funner; and sweeter
is that the media is actually giving us small clues here and there

which clues are true and which are smoke screen or disinfo?
thats an extremely difficult decision to make
and im still on the fence

i dont know "whos who" and "whats what" becuase None of this makes any sense
None of it

unless....
we add a few missing pieces

then things start to make really good sense

its very similar to the history of Math or Physics

we saw a process and it was a mystery because we were missing vital clues
once we speculated and theorized on what could fill in these gaps;
then we finally began to unravel the mystery

its scientific to question and create theorys to attempt to fill gaps
but we have a brick wall stopping us from actually aquiring Hard Evidence to support our conclusions
and this "brick wall" is the govts refusal to give us full disclosure

and that alone; makes them highly suspicious

hey guys im just trying to make this a fun exercise in critical thinking
and critical questioning
i know ur all very smart people

thats why i come here every day
because i respect each and every one of you very much

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
im not saying i believe in my speculations or anything

muzzleflash, ATSNN is a special section of ATS where we at least attempt to discuss hard news items in a factual, sober matter.

It's not meant to be a place where we float theories that we don't even believe in ourselves.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Oh that's right. Terrorism and Islamic expansionism didn't exist before the invasion of Iraq. Forget hostage taking, forget a few Israeli atheletes killed in the Olympics, forget a few airplanes downed. Forget the USS Cole. No suicide bombers or beheadings at all until a couple of years ago. Or all attempts on the WTC. Or Marine barracks. We started everything, of course, so it'll end as soon as we leave.

Let's have a big "BS"! here. This is an extremely short sighted view of world history, promoted by public education and a politically biased media. Muslim "agents" been involved in sabotage operations against the US nearly a hundred years ago. Or are all the problems in the Phillipines and Bali among other places, incidents for over a decade, in prepartation for the invasion these wise mullahs knew was coming?

Originally posted by AlienAntFarm
You want to stop the war on terror? Round up Bush Blair Cheney Rumsfeld Rice Rove and the rest of those dastardly neo cons. The realy bad guys with WMD's and the absolute power to terrorize the world are right under our noses, telling us lies and trying to put the blame for this war on middle eastern people who simply want the USA and company out of their countries, not in Tehran thinking about how to turn their poverty stricken lives into a suicide bombing mission.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
3.3 pounds? I had more explosives than this right before the 4th of July....

This is what bothers me about the legal situation today. We can be aware of these terror cells but can't touch them until people are killed, then it's easy to sweep them up. A leader screaming of death to the Westerners, inciting hatred like a Kluxxer, is untouchable until there are dead and wounded.

But after the Oklahoma City bomb, federal agents infiltrated any possible right-wing "militia" group and spied on, broke up, and/or arrested people in them just for being watchdog organizations or anti-government, or pro-self reliance. APCs and snipers brought in to the Branch Davidians and Ruby Ridge on suspected charges of ATF violations. We sure don't hold back wiping out the white folks who don't toe the line.

But let street gang members of criminal organizations, wear the uniforms of their illegal groups, can't touch 'em. Vile spewing "spiritual" leaders leading groups who puchase and store weapons with impunity have the ACLU on speed-dial should so much as a federal emplyee be spotted inside their doors. Lawyers and lawsuits keeping the police and FBI from stopping the problems before they start, until the innocent are slaughtered and law enforcement can move knowing the attorneys will gain little public support should they try their rhetoric after the streets burn.

How can we have a situation where we *know* where these animals are, know what they plan, how they're going to do it, and sometimes, even when-but are not allowed to put them away? Something's seriously wrong with this world.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Phugedaboudet, I disagree with you.

Law is law, and it goes for ALL races and religions. If you break the law, you get arrested. When it comes to terrorism, many EU countries make monthly arrests of suspects, those arests are not prime time breaking news on FOX News but they do happen. Actually they arrest extremists of all sorts, including your typical racist no-good neo-nazi white trash, who beat up and kill foreigners on daily basis.

Freedom of speech still exists, so the idiotic hate talk is allowed to ALL. Neo-Nazis use it to the fullest with their racial agendas, kill all colored people crap and all that. We can't stop that, but all those who constantly engage in such hate talk are being closely watched by the law enforcement agencies, that's for sure.

This raid in Italy has been planed for quite some time obviously, the scale of it is evidence enough. They would have done it even if there were no attacks in London. That means police is monitoring these people and nobody has anything against it.

You are mistaken if you think that police and FBI are not doing anything because of ACLU or political correctness. Ask any foreigner about the procedures for visas and you'll see how the things are.
But police is not almighty. Those who plan terrorist attacks won't go around saying it out loud, thats for sure. Things happen and there is nothing you can do about it. If you give more power to federal goverment, limit your civil liberties, you destroy the society we've tried so hard to build.
You can't now start racial profiling and random arests of colored people either, we are past that as civilized society.
The next would be then aresting all white males between the age of 25 and 40 cause they are most likely to be serial killers, rapists and child molestors, and you or a member of your family are more likely to be a victim of one of those crimes then of terrorism.

new topics

join