It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Police Evacuate Birmingham Bars, Theaters.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by subz
Oh, I stand corrected.

And there is no recourse parliament can activate to repeal these laws?

not that i am aware of,

ill do some research into it and U2U what i find out

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
not that i am aware of,

ill do some research into it and U2U what i find out

I'll await that with great interest, thank you

I'll await it whilst im writing my latest Op/Ed.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Yes they can be, the Orders in Council can abolish our Government if the Royal Family or Privy Council wish to.

Basically, I'll tell you all a little story:

Remember the TA? They are Blair's/Parliament's Army along with the rest of us.

The Royal whatever, is the Queen's Army. British citizens should/were meant to hold arms, to keep a balance of power. No longer do we.

If the Queen so wishes she can remove our Government anytime she wants and we no longer have the means to defend our nation.

Back to Orders in Council:
cil of Civil Service Unions v. Minister for the Civil Service [1985] 374 at 399, per Lord Fraser of Tullybelton is an example where the Parliament has over-ruled the Orders in Council.

The best example of an Order-in-Council is when George the 5th set up a National Government during the great-depression, when the Labour Party walked out/got kicked out.

Edit: Wrong King first time through.

[edit on 10/7/2005 by Odium]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
...and the second the police ignore these threats and someone dies, you all get up in arms about "the government knew about this, why didn't they stop it ! I bet they wanted it!' and all that crap.

In order to prevent "fear" and "unnnecessary" panic, nothing was done about hijacking threats or aircraft enroute to the WTC. All the Partisanship Warriors love to look back and point out delays in response or failures that "would" have saved more lives if the government had reacted.

When the government reacts, those who fail to understand the enemy start complaing and blaming. When the government follows the wishes of the loud and the clueless, and something does happen, the loud and clueless start up with the blaming and claims of incompetency.

No wonder security apparatus and government don't listen to the people. It's all "drama" when in hindsight nothing happened-or something was prevented. Damned if they do, damned if they don't. I bet if they'd halted subways last week and a few busses, you'd all be screaming about "drama" and having conspiracies of " I bet there were no explosives!" and blaming the government for saving over 50 lives and hundreds injured.

Meanwhile, the enemy is laughing his @ss of at you. They'd never target otehr Muslims? All the have to be is the "wrong" sect and they're "infidels" just the same. Of, if the "right" sect, martyrs. The more the Media and the western people fail to understand what is really going on, and continue to voice opposition ot any effective defense, the sooner poisoned Islam will rule and sterilize the very voices that helped them ascend to power.

Originally posted by markjaxson
Yeah the drama should be over, feel sorry for the people in the city, spoilt their night out with this. No doubt anything will come of this and its just inflicting fear into our people.
Should expect these kind of precautions for a few more weeks.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Just wanted to post this virus alert, of an email claiming to be a video of the London bombings is a trojan.

While I realize many are fully aware of email dangers, I am also aware of the vast numbers that are not.

Story: Virus exploits London Tube bombs

Misfit

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join