It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post Your Letters To Congress

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I submitted three feedbacks on their submission forms to my Senators here in Rhode Island.

One was in regards to the infringement on my 2nd Amendment rights. I basically said that I did not respect a man who did not have the dignity to realize he had no power to sign his name on any bill that would regulate the possesion of weapons to United States citizens. And that "just because he could", doesnt mean he should. I basically told him to have a little more respect for the Constitution and to 'suck it up' and have some honor.

One was in regards to the Patriot Act Reauthorization. I basically said that I felt it was a conspiracy against my rights in one provision that would allow the FBI to conduct eavesdropping on anyone they beleive may posses explosive materials. I felt it was a "trojan horse" on our rights to be safe from search and seizure without probable cause and could be interpreted by the judge authorizing warrants as not necessarily needing any sort of probable cause to an offense.

And the last was in regards to President Bush's illegal eavesdropping. I basically cited the law, what he did wrong, and I highlighted how the Constitution dictated that he has to be impeached.

Too bad I didnt save them. I regret sending the one about the Patriot Act. It was a little too "conspiracy" and maybe a little extreme for him. I was assuming a conspiracy, I did not really prove one. Thats ok, you live to learn. I left out the most important part on accident, how I felt it was my 2nd Amendment right to posses explosives so I didnt feel the government had the power to eavesdrop on me for possesing them.

My next one will be a major letter in everything I feel went wrong and is going wrong with this country. And I will take my time with it.

[edit on 11-1-2006 by ImplementOfWar]

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I have post my letter to congress and they don't do a damn thing. i dindn't even get a reply!!

I think If bush wasn't in office right now, we would be better off...

<< 1   >>

join