It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arcade Gaming: Now with traumatic psychological effects! (A must see video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   
56k WARNING

The video is very self explanitory but I would like to point out a few things: The guy that made the game said it only works on about 1/3 of the people who played the game. I would think thats rather a large number considering how many people could stop by in a day and play that game. I won't spoil it for you guys by saying anything else. So everyone enjoy the video and tell me you think?

www.kontraband.com...

[edit on 9-7-2005 by beyondSciFi]

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Talk about getting you money's worth!

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
No kidding but too bad we wont see this in the USA. I'm pretty sure people would sue the guy that made the game for being scared out of their mind. (Well at least a few of them)

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Looks staged to me. Like those stage hypnotists like how did he put the guy into another trance while in that building?

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I was thinking the same thing though... I mean why go for all the trouble for the few people that this worked on? So I really dont think its a true game in the normal sense, but could just as well be a public experiment. Still it would be very interesting if it was real.

[edit on 9-7-2005 by beyondSciFi]

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
That would have to be the coolest game ever! That guy was freaking out when that guy came and grabed him. I laughed so hard.

Can they do that to people though? What if the person is epileptic? Whouldn't they have a seisure or something. And when the guy grabbed him, what did he do to knock him out again, it think it was chloroform or something?

Still that was one heck of a sweet game, and a heavy duty practical joke.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
i bet this is were all the angrey parents think there on to somthing here darren brown is a artist of the mind he is capably of playing ith peoples states of mind its what he does on his show over here darren browns tricks of the mind or somthing like that anyway my point is that it wont happen with real games

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by beyondSciFi I'm pretty sure people would sue the guy that made the game for being scared out of their mind. (Well at least a few of them)

Or sue for abduction.

I'd love to read more about this. I question if it's real. I didn't think the game player or his friends very convincing.

[edit on 9/7/2005 by Umbrax]

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax

Originally posted by beyondSciFi I'm pretty sure people would sue the guy that made the game for being scared out of their mind. (Well at least a few of them)

Or sue for abduction.

I'd love to read more about this. I question if it's real. I didn't the game player or his friends very convincing.

its set in england we dont sue over here as much we improvise

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The reactions of the guy's friends seem to indicate that this is staged. Would you let some random guy come and haul off your friend if he went into a sleeplike state without a word of protest?

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
This is why I dont play games with bright flashing lights! Heck, you do that with just about any anime or FPS game.

Seems possible enough, however, you'd think they'd be more shook up than that guy was after experiencing the greatest game ever.

Makes us gamers think twice about things...

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
That was awesome, The guy who did that...the one in charge, hes quite a famous hypnotist and psychological expert, forgot his name,. but he has a show on Channel 4 here in the UK....Darren Hayes or somethin......

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I have posted a thread on this video already.

Real life video game by sending user into trance

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
utrex,

I was thinking the same thing..They just let him pop the guy on a gurney, and wheel him down the street..some friends eh?

If it were real, and I don't think it is..
You could also call it the "Date Rape Game"..no drugs involved..

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
thats pretty cooli wish that was in the usa

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
It does look staged, at first I thought that the friends reactions were proof of staging.

However if this guy is well known in the UK and he shows up with a huge camera crew, they might have realized what was happening and went along with it.

However the second trance is a mystery to me, it seems the most implausible part.

That and the victims reaction once he was back in the pub.

He should have been freaking out, but instead he doesn't even mention being elsewhere, he just says he likes the game.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Ok this guy is 100% authentic. He does shows for sky one and is very talented.

As for the final trance he places his palm on his forehead, simulates the falling into a trance by lowering the head and orders him to go into a trance. its a standard manuvure for hypnotists actually.

I wish the video hadnt cut off then so we could have seen what the PURPOSE of the whole ordeal was......

Someone look for a full or longer version of that show online.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I think the target was 'hypnotised' hence the presumtion it was acted out. In reality I would also rely on my feet, hands, elbows, knees and head to take out the said 'zombies' lol. Then the proverbial would most likely hit the fan.

- Nazgarn

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega
I have posted a thread on this video already.

Real life video game by sending user into trance

Please contribute to the existing discussion.

Sorry, closing thread.

new topics

top topics

join