It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drugs?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 03:29 PM
link   
bah nm

[Edited on 18-8-2003 by Lysergic]

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 03:37 PM
link   
posted by skadi -
if you dont want tweekers babysitting your kids, dont hire them. if you dont want cokeheads operating on you, find another doctor. but dont deny other people the right to poison thier bodies either.

I would never deny you the right to poison yourself....by all means....DO IT...PLEASE

I now know why this world is so f*&^%ed up. So many young people thinking they have all the answers and those of us with the experience know nothing!!

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 03:40 PM
link   
"People who use drugs tend to be very selfish. Sure they hurt those who love them. But since when do we outlaw selfishness? Selfihness is a vice and personality disorder, not a criminal act that should land one in jail. "

this country (U.S.) was founded on the ideals of a free market, i. e. capitalism, and if capitalism isn't the epitomy of selfishness, i don't know what is...

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 03:47 PM
link   
.....Just tools that the politicians will use to pad their pockets with more money stolen from the citizenry,the only time something is supposedly legalised is when mechanisms are in place to profit from it,make a law/code,then attach a fine to it to steal from those who are really doing nothing wrong,and the money always ends up oing to the same people,why would you make something legal when it is so much more profitable to fine people because it is not legal?,get it?,like everything else it is all engineered to profit the few,if some drugs were legalised ,they would be taxed to the point that if you use the shtupf now,you wouldn't be able to afford it if it were legalised........
Same old,same old.
Drugs are not good for anyone IMHO.
Peace to you

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Venus, you first need to realize that YOUR experience does not mirror everyone elses. My guess is that you are in your early 20's so you still have a ways to go to catch up with me and my experiences
You also should read the entire thread before attacking someone. You would notice that I am thoroughly against the legalization of hard drugs.
If you would stop repeating the NA party line word for word you might actually see some wisdom in this thread.
I'm starting to think you may be Colonels sister or something. j/k

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fry2
To the matter at hand.

I used to date a Heroin addict and let me tell you that withdrawls are NOT a pretty thing. Keep them illegal but don't just throw people in jail for using. The taxes from the legalized items could be used for more rehab centers and further education.
Anyone caught dealing chemical to kids (under 18) gets death automatically. Dealing to adults, 10-20 with life parole.

Is this what you are referring too? Ya...that makes so much sense

Lets legalize the drugs but give 10yrs to DEATH for people who sell them and lets use the taxes to open more rehab centers for those who are still alive!!!

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Precisely my point.

Selfishness is not a crime. Its a personality problem. Since when have personality problems become criminal? (unless youre a mudering sociopath).

Venus, many of the elder generation, my grandmother and mother included, have warned me of the dangers of drug use. Seeing my relatives and family getting arrested and wasted didnt stop me from doing them. I made the personal choice to try them. I did them, got high, had a few youth kicks, the blam. I got bored. Talking to invisible clowns doesnt have the same wicked appeal as you grow older. I outgrew them. Most people do. Some people stick with it. the illegalality of drugs made them even MORE appealing in my youth, because it was also the temptation of rebellion and doing the illegal thing.

In Germany, the legal drinking age was 16. My first few months there I got drunk almost every day, out of sheer thrill of being able to do it. after a while, however, the thrill was gone. it got boring. Lampshades on the head lost thier appeal. I outgrew it, because there was no more rebel allure.

Making drugs illegal has hardly oput a dent in the problem. drug use has steadily risen, not declined. people continue to gety high, and the law doesnt deter them. Thus, the laws are pretty useless in that respect.

A pick up truck killed my cat. Pick up trucks kill many cats every year. I hate pick up trucks because they traumatized me. yet i do not lobby to make them illegal. I still am haunted by that cats death, i was vert attached to him. Every time i see a pickup truck, i would love nothing more than to kick the hell out of the driver, because pickup truck drivers are evil heartless cat killers. Yet i dont. Why? because people have the right to drive whatever make of vehicle they want. Just like people have the right to commit slow suicide.

Just because drugs will be legal doesnt mean rehab will disappear, for those who chose to get off them. We will no longer clog our jails and throw dope heads in with serial killers and murderers, the real menaces to society. the tweeker who comes up to me on a bike bugging me for cioggarettes is annoying and a pest, but not a menace to me. Thus, what he does in his time is not my concern.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fry2
Venus, you first need to realize that YOUR experience does not mirror everyone elses. My guess is that you are in your early 20's so you still have a ways to go to catch up with me and my experiences
You also should read the entire thread before attacking someone. You would notice that I am thoroughly against the legalization of hard drugs.
If you would stop repeating the NA party line word for word you might actually see some wisdom in this thread.
I'm starting to think you may be Colonels sister or something. j/k

Please point out to me where I used anything word for word from NA?
I am 35 years old with two children and a husband. How much more experience do you have?

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Venus is not in her early 20's. And she has more experiance with meth and the nightmare creates,than anybody on this board. She is dead on with everything she wrote. If you think we have problems now, wait until they are legalized. There is one thing that happens to all addicts, they can no longer control themselves. They become a menance to everybody they come in contact with. Their mind,body and soul are infected. They will hurt,steal and do whatever is needed to get a fix. Making weed legal is one thing,pretty harmless. But meth,coke,herion... HELL NO.
Once you start....YOU are no longer making the desions...the drugs are. I saw this happen first hand. Not only to my friends,more than I can name. But also to my wife. You see Venus is my better half.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 04:01 PM
link   
drugs should be legalized because u should ahve the choice to do what ya feel like to your body/mind, i think that they onyl want drugs to be illegal because they help u to think outside what is given to you, well atleast the ones i do, and the ones that are legal and socially accepted just mush your brain like alcohol, however there are quite a few legal drugs, atleast in canada, we can possess peyote, mushrooms as long as they aren't dry, morning glory seeds, bufo alvarius, nutmeg, brugmansia, lots and lots i tell ya!!! but we don't get taught about those drugs in school, only the illegal ones, and we dun get taught real stuff about them either, lol they tried to tell me that any normal person could get stuck in a mushroom trip lmao

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Venus, if youre only 35, then youre not much older than me. Im almost 30. Im hardly a kid.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 04:04 PM
link   
is this turning into a "I'm better than you are, neeneeer neeneer" type thing?

To me it seems, you couldn't control yourself, maybe you just have an addictive personality?? You think that what you exprienced applies to everyone, but everyone is different, I never had a desire to do any hard drugs.

0% at all, couldn't pay me to do speed

I just don't see the allure of meth

I think the weak minded fall easier to abuse and addiction.

When I do acid I don't do it just to get f'ed up, I do it for the exprience.

Maybe I just have a different state of mind, and personal and spiritual beliefs than you.

And maybe to you they are all nothing more than crap.

I think an individual should have choice, and you shouldn't go to jail for drug abuse, if you are a junky you need help rather than going to prison only to get out later yet more bitter.

it's a crazy world, isn't it?

ps: I wouldn't want any hard crap legal. Just weed and shrooms, all natural plants from mother earth

[Edited on 18-8-2003 by Lysergic]

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I see your reading comprehension skills were lost with your habit.
Sorry to hear that.
I'll try to put it in little words for you.

Legalise plants that people have been using for thousands of years for those who want them.
This would include Marijuana, Psilocybe mushrooms and peyote. These plants would then be taxed and regulated much like tobacco and alcohol is now.
Minimum age, DUI ect.

You have now freed tens if not hundreds of thousands of non violent "criminals" from prison.
This is a good place for you to use one of your $'s.
You now have a good sized tax revenue from a sale that would have previously returned none.
Insert another $ here.
You now have police and DEA forces focussed on the REAL drug problem and could probably cut those forces by a third at least.
Yep, you guessed it, insert another one.

Those are just the financial advantages, mind you.

Now, read this part real careful like

Do NOT legalise any hard drugs (heroin, meth, coc aine.....)
If an illegal drug dealer is caught selling illegal drugs to children they get death.
If an illegall drug dealer is caught selling illegal drugs to an adult they get 10-20 year sentance with parole for life afterwards.

The tax revenue from Marijuana sales alone would fund a rehab center for hard drug addicts in practically every town in the country.
Would you have preferred being sent to jail for your addiction or to have help? I just don't get you

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a lot can change in 6 years my dear

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Fry2 for president! WOOT!

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Fry 2 - let me tell ya something..............If drugs are legalized by your standards....I hope that someday YOUR child is in the wrong place at the wrong time and is accused of selling/using drugs.

As far as your petty comments.....consider yourself IGNORED

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 04:15 PM
link   
lol @ Venus

I wouldn't wish that on someone...

too much bad karma invovled

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
ps: I wouldn't want any hard crap legal. Just weed and shrooms, all natural plants from mother earth

Well said. I couldn't agree more. Although there are some natural things that are pretty bad for you too.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Alot can change in one year, lol. Regardless, ive made it this far without getting hooked on anything. Making them legal wouldnt change my mind.

Id agree with Lysergic, though, meth has never been alluring to me, simply because I have little desire for it. Ive seen others on it, annoying beyond imagination. But then again, something annoys everyone. Everyone likes something for some reason.

I have tried meth twice. Didnt care ofr it at all, I enjoy sleep too much, and really, how many times must i tear apart my bike and reassemble it before Ive realized theres nothing wrong with it? but others dig it. Some people cant rewsist it, others can. if we went by that, judging by the huge amount of morbidly obese people, we may as well outlaw sugar, twinkies, mc donalds, ect, because theres a huge contoingent of the population that cant control thier appetities.

Thus,k drugs. thats a personal issue. legalizing drugs doesnt mean your friends and family lose the right to nag and goad you to stop. it simply means no more throwing people in jail for doing it. other than that, you cant stop people from nagging. Jail doesnt cure druggies either, my unlce was in the joint, and prisoners pass the time learning from thier mistakes, how not to get caught again, and the joint is where he found even more hook ups, sources and dealers for dope when he got out. jail does nothing.

Incidentally, my uncle saw Jesus during a Herion overdose. he believed it saved him, and he quit cold turkey because his revalation was powerful enough that even the cravings of his body no longer mattered. the law didnt cure him, a drug indiced vision did.

Think on that one.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyeff
Venus is not in her early 20's. And she has more experiance with meth and the nightmare creates,than anybody on this board. She is dead on with everything she wrote. If you think we have problems now, wait until they are legalized. There is one thing that happens to all addicts, they can no longer control themselves. They become a menance to everybody they come in contact with. Their mind,body and soul are infected. They will hurt,steal and do whatever is needed to get a fix. Making weed legal is one thing,pretty harmless. But meth,coke,herion... HELL NO.
Once you start....YOU are no longer making the desions...the drugs are. I saw this happen first hand. Not only to my friends,more than I can name. But also to my wife. You see Venus is my better half.

Thank you baby

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join