It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drugs?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Having had been exposed to much of what Alien is mentioning I can confirm as well as feel justified in saying that legalizing drugs would be a big mistake.

Simply stated they cause irreparable brain damage when
abused.

I specialize in working with the worst of the worst.

My employment background includes considerable time working in Psychiatric emergency rooms and crisis stabilization units, related to drug abuse as well psychotic disorders.

I assure you if drugs are legalized it would be a nightmare.

Any thoughts?

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Oh boy another drugs thread...

Yes, drugs (cannabis) should be legalised FOR MEDICAL purposes only.

Great, I love these kids with their fancy drug avatars, you really think you're tough and interesting with an avatar like that, huh?

Blah, that's SO lame.
Here in Holland it's almost as normal as drinking alcohol. The problems caused by drugs are enormous. And by legalising it, the problems will only increase. Why? Well if the drugs are leagalised, you will have to pay tax on them too. Making it even more expensive than it already is.
It will be so expensive that the drug addicts have to steel even more too get some money toghter for their addiction.
Surely it will be less atractive to teens that want to experiment, since it's not illegal anymore there is no element of danger, doing something illegal.
BUT, it will be a lot easier for kids to gain acces to drugs.
I've seen it all, kids that end u doing shi!tty jobs due to their addiction. They fail tests at school, because they are too tired and too stoned to do their homework.
A friend of mine ended up in a mental institute. Another commited suicide.

No drugs for me ever, and it should only be legalised for medical purposes, not for fancy teens, blah

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Here's two questions for the "legalization" bunch.

1) Are you willing to offer counter laws to control distribution? Such as serious class-a felony offense for anyone distributing drugs to someone under and anyone under 21 using drugs get the same?

2) What level of professional achievement have you reached in your lives while using drugs?

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by alien
...care to come spend a day in the Psych Wards with me?? Care to come see young people who have smashed themselves up on P?? Blew their minds out and are now blitzed zombies with severe Drug Induced Psychosis and Brain Damage...

Care to come visit the families of clients who couldn't handle life, did some drugs and dove through their apt window 3 stories to the motorway below??

Wanna come help me with the Youth Drug and Alcohol group?? Wanna come meet the 11 year old P-addict pulling tricks for a fix?? Wanna come see that shyte???

Yeah...its all good for a buzz ain't it...if ya don't have to pick up the pieces of course...

What is a P-Addict????

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zion Mainframe
Oh boy another drugs thread...

Yes, drugs (cannabis) should be legalised FOR MEDICAL purposes only.

Great, I love these kids with their fancy drug avatars, you really think you're tough and interesting with an avatar like that, huh?

Blah, that's SO lame.
Here in Holland it's almost as normal as drinking alcohol. The problems caused by drugs are enormous. And by legalising it, the problems will only increase. Why? Well if the drugs are leagalised, you will have to pay tax on them too. Making it even more expensive than it already is.
It will be so expensive that the drug addicts have to steel even more too get some money toghter for their addiction.
Surely it will be less atractive to teens that want to experiment, since it's not illegal anymore there is no element of danger, doing something illegal.
BUT, it will be a lot easier for kids to gain acces to drugs.
I've seen it all, kids that end u doing shi!tty jobs due to their addiction. They fail tests at school, because they are too tired and too stoned to do their homework.
A friend of mine ended up in a mental institute. Another commited suicide.

No drugs for me ever, and it should only be legalised for medical purposes, not for fancy teens, blah

Your so lucky living in Holland i wish Hong Kong had the same laws as the Dutch.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I think cannabis should be legalized for you to grow your own. No taxes or additional government regulation is needed. It will take billions of dollars out of the hands of organized crime and save taxpayers billions of dollars. The DEA will cry though because that will derail their gravy train and they will not have access to drug dealers money to stuff in their pockets.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
What is a P-Addict????

...sorry man...P is our street name for Methamphetamine...seems to be the 'drug of choice' for many young people these days...a growing problem with has resulted in increasing youth crime rates including murders, blowing people away during robberies to fund P habits etc...which is/was pretty rare in NZ...

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 07:51 AM
link   
i dont really have much else to say in thsi thread but there is one thing i do want to address....

Originally posted by Zion Mainframe

first i am far from a kid, second you assume i am trying to make some kind of statement. i am not. my avatar of choice is for a reason you wouldnt believe even if i told you and since you are so convinced of what you "know" i wont bother to explain it to you anyway.

stay ignorant
far be it from me to show you a different way...

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 12:48 PM
link   
As far as my view goes on this whole thing, here we go.

Heroin, Cocaine, P, Crack, etc: Keep them illeagal and increase the penalty for use, possesion and distrobution.

Marijuana: Legalize it for medical purposes and home growth as well.

That's my view on it. Would make the world just a bit safer in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Well PrankMonkey has echoed all my sentiments exactly. We put the drug dealing murdering scum out of business, we make the drugs safer and more pure and we save billions in taxes. We'll even make more money taxing the drugs. What's the point in fighting, if people want to get hold of drugs they can get hold of them very easily. It's down to free choice, if someone wants something they have the right to have it, regardless of whether you think it's right or not.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 12:58 PM
link   
legalize dank and tax the living hell out of it.

increase the punishment for meth to death.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 01:10 PM
link   
posted by prankmonkey:

i dont want anyone thinking for me and i'll be damned before i let my government tell me what i can and cant do with my own body in the privacy of my own house.

i believe in thinking for myself, self responsibility, education, making personal decisions and nottelling others how they should live their own lives even if i think its wrong, its still their life.

You obviously have no idea what it's like being an addict

You obviously have no idea what it feels like to see someone you love go through withdrawl

You believe in thinking for yourself and being responsible? When your brain is fried and your a$$ is on the street and no one wants anything to do with you...I hope you remember this post.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 01:22 PM
link   

all your drugs are belong to me

YOULL WREST MY DRUGS FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS, FASCIST! :p:p:p:p:p:p:p_:p

Seriously, alien, what biz is it of yours if another person makes the choice to screw up thioer own lives? I could care less if my neighbor wants to fire up a rock, so long as he doesnt steal my VCR, its his biz, not mine.

Keeping drugs illegal doesnt stop people from using them, nor will it ever, and since they aint hurting anyone but themselves, so long as they aint committing criminal activity, i could care less what manner of venom they wanna shoot up thier bodies. really, it is NO ONES BIZ, just like when lonely elderly men wanna plop down 100 bucks for some broad to tie them up and spank them. As long as no one else is being harmed, then i could care less,and niether should anyone else.

Drugs are a personal chpoice, and govornment has NO RIGHT to play doctor, nanny, mommy, or anything else in this matter. Get rid of the people who are in jail for drug offenses, and you lower America's prison population signifigantly.

That commercial with the egg frying is about the lamest and funniest arguement from the anto drug Nazis. People who have used drugs know that smoking dope is not the equivilant of frying omlets, and thus, they know the govornment is feeding them more BS.

This country used to have legal drugs, and had fewer problems then than they do now with the war on drugs.

Stop the insanity, end the war, and pass it this way, bro.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Keeping drugs illegal doesnt stop people from using them, nor will it ever, and since they aint hurting anyone but themselves, so long as they aint committing criminal activity, i could care less what manner of venom they wanna shoot up thier bodies.

This is so sad

You think using doesn't hurt anyone but the user?
You think that using isn't criminal behavior?

Do you care about anyone but yourself and what's yours?

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Legalize it (marijuana), and tax it.

If people had a legal alternative, they wouldn't turn to other more potent drugs as readily. Besides, I've seen people quit smoking pot cold turkey...but not be able to get off cigarettes.... Which is really more evil?

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by William
Here's two questions for the "legalization" bunch.

1) Are you willing to offer counter laws to control distribution? Such as serious class-a felony offense for anyone distributing drugs to someone under and anyone under 21 using drugs get the same?

2) What level of professional achievement have you reached in your lives while using drugs?

1) Yes minors shouldn't be doing them "legally" however you can die for your country at 18, so if weed was legal i'd want to see 18 the age to posses it.

2) I am still in college, so not too shabby, need about a year and half for me degree

The prestige of government has undoubtedly been lowered considerably by
the Prohibition law, for nothing is more destructive of respect for the
government and the law of the land than passing laws which cannot be enforced.
--Albert Einstein, My First Impression of the U.S.A, 1921

"I wish Bill Gates the best, I really do. I just think he and Microsoft are a bit narrow.
He'd be a broader guy if he had dropped acid once or gone off to an ashram when he was younger."
-- Steve Jobs, Co-founder of Apple Computers, 1997

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 01:47 PM
link   
No.

By legalizing all drugs we are making them easier to get since if you are caught using heroin the police can do nothing about it.

When I was in 7th grade there were some druggies in my class,strangly I managed to somewhat befriend one but that lasted for 6 months and by June we were enemies...again. There were two of them. One smoked pot,the other did a helluva lot of stuff. The first one who did pot never did anything. He talked slow,his mind was messed up. He just sat there and did nothing. The other guy was having sex,(he was only 13),he was in trouble with the law,he was very violent. Because they smoked weed their lives were messed up.

It would be horrbile to legalize all drugs. Crime would be up,mothers would be giving birth to defected babies. It sucked. I grew up near drugs,last year a house on my street was raided by the cops and there were tons of drugs. Pot,heroin,all this crazy #. The druggies were arrested and they are in jail. Because of that crime went down on my block.

Those who do drugs (pot,heroin etc) will have a meaningless wasted life. They will be bums,they will do no #,they will sit in their own crap because they are so high.

Those who don't will have a much better life.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 01:49 PM
link   

2) What level of professional achievement have you reached in your lives while using drugs

Is professional achievement everyones goal? No. Not everyone wants to get ahead in life, some people simply want to get off the fast freeway to suicide. professional obsessions have lead many to drug use.

Venus, in the end, its no ones right to chose for anyone but themselves. A persons life and body is THIER property, and thus, any other arguements to the contrary are moot. Its like outlawing pork, sugar, ect. Your body, your life, your choice. Harming ones self should not be criminal. Some people wish to do harm to themselves. Some peopel use drugs because they enjoy the expeirence, and those experiences are what they want out of life. Some people want to escape reality because it sux for them. Some people simply dont care, drugs make them feel good, and they like them. many things are harmful for you. Emotions, food, driving, ect, yet all these things are fine. Drugs can destroy a persons mind, but many of thier minds were destroyed long before the first pop or pill.

Ultimately, its personal choice. people do not have the right to tell others what they can do with thier own lives and bodies.

And yes, William, if drugs were legalized, there would be controls on the sales. id lower the age to 18, as the alcohol age should be lowered as well. If drugs were legal, pharmecutical companies would manufacture cleaner versions.

Wewre you aware heroin was actually a brand name for the same drug in the old days, sold over the counter with coc aine tooth drops and morphine cough syrup? They can be legal again. Removing drugs from the black market and on to the legal one takes another edge off of organized crime. No one is gonna wanna by crappy dirty questionable street dope, just like no one was drinking bootleg still booze after prohibition was lifted.

So yes, legalizing drugs is alot better than wasting jail space and court costs of prosecuting people for poisoning themselves.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 01:55 PM
link   

First off, I'm only talking about Marijuana here...not other drugs....

1.) Same as tobacco...

2.) I don't use drugs of any kind (I rarely drink, and never smoke). But, I know many who have, and I can see that marijuana is less damaging, and addictive, than cigarettes...

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Sorry Jedi.... but this is the most asinine thing I've heard.

"Because they smoked weed their lives were messed up."

"Those who do drugs (pot,heroin etc) will have a meaningless wasted life. They will be bums,they will do no shoe,they will sit in their own crap because they are so high. "

Lets bring a good old Christian moral; Thou shall not judge...

To me pot is no worse than beer, beer can destroy your life too, it's all about the individual.

Yet, you rather just lump everyone together... Oh my lil johnny took a drag of a ciggarette, next he might be doing crank.

I like how people who don't do drugs are experts.

[Edited on 18-8-2003 by Lysergic]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join