It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thanks to mods, once again...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Hrm... who's Natalee Holloway?

Is this the missing girl in Aruba? I'm not even sure why it's national news, much less needing to be on ATS. -pft-

No SO, she was the runaway bride.

You're answer speaks volumes.

Peace

It does speak volumes. SO spends a helluva lot of time improving ATS and keeping us safe from hackers. He doesn't have the time to cruise the forums as freely as some members, just to bash the staff that provide you with this site.

BTW, your post speaks volumes about you.

Edit: The Boss beat me to it.

[edit on 9-7-2005 by intrepid]

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   

The thread was another "lets legalize weed", no matter how you meant it to be. I saw nothing else bu the legalization of weed in that thread. Not once did I see anyone yell, "Free Jim Trafficante!".

Because Trafficant is a louse who deserves the prison sentence he received. However you saw nothing but leaglize weed huh? Well, here ya go.....

Our government does not whan us to feel free or safe. They want us scared all the time. Lock your doors and mind your business. (unless you dont trust that guy across the hall.....) A society kept in fear, stays in line.

or this:

My personal opinion thinks that if this were allowed, youd see alot less child aductions, rapes, and murders. I think if people are able to go let off some steam, they stay normal. If any loser can roll into some club, pay a girl some money and get his rocks off, he's alot less likely to kidnap and rape some random woman, because he hasnt had sex in 5 years. Granted, pyschos would still exist, but I think the world would still be safer (and women would be to).

or this

The federal government should be here to pave the roads, protect our borders and give international help where needed. Thats it. But for some reason they like to keep us under lock and key. I wonder why......

So, I disagree. Its not another legalize weed post. Its more a post to restore states rights. It could have been so much more than wasted effort on my part. Oh well.....

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Skeptic, the fac tthat the Natalie is from the Great and Fine State of Alabama is all the reason needed for this to be INTERNATIONAL news. She is a national treasure because of the location of her fine rearing.

And, if you notice, she had all of her teeth. Quite the oddity around here! A myth, had they said she was from Arkansas!

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by spliff4020
Your missing my point here. I will try to make it clearer....I HAVE NO INTEREST IN PTS WHATSOEVER.

Then I have no interest in your whining.

Originally posted by spliff4020
Listen....PTS is lame....Noone goes there,

Who's fault is that?

Listen, "other current events" is a gutter. It catches everything. Nothing really goes there, otherwise it wouldn't start with "other."

The volunteer librarians that spend all day picking up mindless drop offs out of the return bin and organizing them for the benefit of everyone else, deserve a sincere "Thanks to mods, once again..."

Not this.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Nah... it speaks sarcasm.

Yes I know. I'm well versed in it.

I'm just adding this line so you don't hit me with a one-line point deduction.

Peace

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
The way I see it, You should be happy that your thread which was created on 7/6/05 was allowed to stay in the Other Current Events forum until 7/8/05. The move is justified, the thread belongs in Social Issues on PTS and I would have moved it, had I noticed it.

Members need to stop complaining regarding thread moves to different forums, this is by no means a form of censorship, it is housekeeping, keeping things orderly and in their proper homes. If PTS isn't busy enough for you, then make it busy. Stop blaming the mods, for member issues, why not complain to your fellow members to stop treating PTS and BTS as the black sheep and to start being actively involved in all aspects of the board.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
....just to bash the staff that provide you with this site.

BTW, your post speaks volumes about you.

I didn't bash anyone intrepid. Go ahead and pile on, it means nothing to me. Moderators, for the most part, do an excellent job. That being said they are human just like everyone else. Some mod decisions that are made are done for personal reasons.

Peace

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I'm going to end this thread with a "take it or leave it" attitude.

If AboveTopSecret.com was solely that, no PTS or BTS forums so people could discuss other topics, your thread would have been trashed by me instantly.

AboveTopSecret.com is a CONSPIRACY website!

Your thread while interesting to read, does not belong on ATS.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join