It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thanks to mods, once again...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   
just another non ATS worthy post

Ive allready used the complaint button, but Im takin this one public, because Im pissed now. I spent an hour creating that post. I studied every forum on ATS and placed it where I thought it belonged. There is definitly a consprical slant in it. And I guess since I got 3 WayAbove votes, the people must like it to.

After a couple of days of it moving along nicely, some knee-jerkin mod seems fit to throw it PTS where it now sits and hasnt even gotten a single extra view. Thanks mods. I guess only closet homosexuals, or racist black "prophets" with their little balloons are ATS worthy now.

Its nice to know, that you cant even be bothered to ask the poster why they feel the post is where its at. Just up and gone. Way to kill the spirit of the people that make this site what it is.

I really think Im about done with this place. I cant take it anymore. In your effort to make this a serious news portal, you effectivly issolated most of the people who made this site great to begin with.

I freely post in BTS when appropriate. I know where these thing belong. Although "Mod" rhymes with "God" they are nowhere near the same thing.

Well, just wanted to say "thanks" again for kicking me in the gut and showing me what an utter waste of time this site has become. I think someone needs to do the right thing and put this post right back where it was, and quit being so quick on the trigger.

Id be happy to answer any question concerning the content or the conspirical slant on it. Although, I'm sure noone involved in the trashing of the post will ask anything, as pride is a hard thing to deal with. Especially when they are WRONG.........

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
THtas right fight the power!!! Don't let the grind you down!

I mean

Edited circumvention of censor

[edit on 9-7-2005 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Jeez spliff, the time from your "suggestion" and hitting Board Biz, 30 minutes. You know we have lives, resonsibillities here as well, our own forums. You are not the only person on this board. Next time I would suggest you give it a little time.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Our move thread log indicates the following:

On GMT: 18:00 Jul-08-05, kinglizard has moved a thread by spliff4020 from
Other Current Events to Social Issues

It certainly isn't any "current event" where it was first posted, and the nature of the topic is well suited for "Social Issues" in a political discussion board. In the past, without that forum on PTS, a thread such as this discussing drugs may have been trashed rather than moved.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Spliff, your discussion has not been trashed.

It was moved. If you have issues with the move you should at least give all staff time to review your complaint.

This is not the way to do it.

I did not move your thread, although I will defend the move.

There are times when a discussion can be moved, and then moved again by request after top staff review the situation when a complaint is sent.

You complained about this thread move and before we even have time to look at it you've posted this here.

Again not the best way to do these things, However I admire your passion for your own work here.

I am sure there will be swift resolution here that you can live with.

Your discussion is not CLOSED, or Trashed!.

Stay calm.

Gazz

[edit on 9-7-2005 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by spliff4020
some knee-jerkin mod seems fit to throw it PTS where it now sits and hasnt even gotten a single extra view. Thanks mods. I guess only closet homosexuals, or racist black "prophets" with their little balloons are ATS worthy now.

Although "Mod" rhymes with "God" they are nowhere near the same thing.

Well, just wanted to say "thanks" again for kicking me in the gut and showing me what an utter waste of time this site has become.

Seems you are a master of influential writing/speaking. Maybe if you belittle a few more people and use more profanity while putting down everyone that spends their free time helping this site and its members you will get what you want. Maybe you should put out some audio tapes....

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Hey there Spliff. I just read your thread and thought it well thought out and certainly no less deserving than many other threads that are allowed to exist on ATS, in fact compared to some of the complete teen garbage or crappo posted by obvious loons, psycho's, nut-jobs, paranoid jokes or attention whores, your post had a worthwhile message to offer and serious questions to ask.

It should be reinstated forthwith and if not, Mods should have the decency to at least justify their action.

If it was a post like the one I made earlier on this year: "I just shaved all my pubic hair off" which I posted after a serious mixed pipe-full of various interesting narcotics, then yes, I could understand it being moved. Although mine was, not surprisingly after receiving 34 replies in about 2 hours, inevitably, shut down. Lol.

Good luck to you dude and don't leave ATS. We need incisive posters like you here.

Edit: WOW!! In the time it took me type this post and drink beer, all those Mod responses went up. Good to see that happen.

Peace Out

[edit on 9/7/05 by hardbodyactiv]

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Yes fight the powers that be!

Revolution! Revolution!

Maybe you should try to get more people to go to PTS instead of crying over it? They always move my threads and just remember it's a forum, n the internet. It's not that big a deal.

Go out, stop smoking whatever it is you are and calm down.

And long live the Revolution!

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Our move thread log indicates the following:

On GMT: 18:00 Jul-08-05, kinglizard has moved a thread by spliff4020 from
Other Current Events to Social Issues

It certainly isn't any "current event" where it was first posted, and the nature of the topic is well suited for "Social Issues" in a political discussion board. In the past, without that forum on PTS, a thread such as this discussing drugs may have been trashed rather than moved.

Yes... a thread about drugs.....thats what the point was....

Listen....PTS is lame....Noone goes there, because its not an election year. That post hasnt even gotten a single view there. Call it what you want, its a slap in the face...

And I posted this, not because I didnt receive a reply in a timely fashion, but rather, because Im mad as hell....I didnt take that kind of time and receive that many votes on a thread worthy of being cast into oblivion, which is exactly what has happened.

As far as the "discussing drugs" comment goes....lets see...

Please note that the Other Current Events Forum is intended for "Other World Events Of Major Importance" - generally those with a conspiracy-related slant to them.

so this doesnt qualify, right?

The best I can come up with is that they want the pyschos out there. Keeps us in check. We lock our doors at night. We dont talk to strangers. We dont trust people we dont know. We live in a scared society. It was Marylin Manson who said [ " You turn on CNN and its "Flash Flood!" or "School Shooting!!" cut to commercial and "its buy the oxy" or," buy the colgate!" If you got bad breathe, the girls wont like you, or if you got pimples the girls wont "f" you...we live in a society of fear and consumption. ]

This is far from a post about legalizing drugs, and if you think it is, you need to re-read it. Its about GOVERNMENT CONTROL, which seems to be a current event as of late, no?

Also, when posting this, I wasnt concerned that I didnt get a reply from you guys...I know that takes time. I wanted to take it public, because its wrong. The least you can do is ask someone why its where its at, and make a decesion. Unless its an obvious flame post.

What I am saying here, is that alot of hard work and effort went into that post. I know PTS isnt trashing it, but it might as well be. NOT A SINGLE VIEW there. I dont spend my time on this site to have that happen. I come here for discussion. This isnt allowed.

ANd once again....is you think this is another post about "lets legalize weed!" you are SOOOOOO wrong. Its about governmental control over society. Something that could have been discussed further if it was allowed to carry on. But again, only Tom Cruise and Prophet Yahwah are news worthy now.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   
-pulls out sword and charges at intrepid-

Die little blonde man!

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
Yes fight the powers that be!

Revolution! Revolution!

Maybe you should try to get more people to go to PTS instead of crying over it? They always move my threads and just remember it's a forum, n the internet. It's not that big a deal.

Go out, stop smoking whatever it is you are and calm down.

And long live the Revolution!

Your missing my point here. I will try to make it clearer....I HAVE NO INTEREST IN PTS WHATSOEVER. Perhaps in 2008 things will change. I read every section of ATS before posting it.

Based on this quote:

Please note that the Other Current Events Forum is intended for "Other World Events Of Major Importance" - generally those with a conspiracy-related slant to them.

I put it there. Why? Because in this ever changing world of governmental control, there is a conspiricy to keep us all scared and locked up in our homes. This was not even close to turning into a "lets legalize weed!" post. Hardly.

And again, I started this post, not because of a lack of mod response, but because of a "takin it to the streets" move. Think of it like writing your congressman, and a letter in that paper the same day.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by spliff4020
And I posted this, not because I didnt receive a reply in a timely fashion, but rather, because Im mad as hell....I didnt take that kind of time and receive that many votes on a thread worthy of being cast into oblivion, which is exactly what has happened.

So, you've decided that ATS is now your personal discussion board? You can post as you like because you're in a certain mood? I can see it in Social Issues, it is a social issue.

Instead of whining why don't you try something more proactive:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Lead the way.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   
But it is a "Social" and "Moral" issue to do with the Government so should be placed in PTS. You are acting like a small child, get over it. People will see it once the mods move more of the threads into the correct areas of PTS.

It is good to have a split between ATS and PTS, it will help the forums.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   

It certainly isn't any "current event" where it was first posted....

With all due respect to the moderators, the Natalee Holloway thread titled Well, they killed her authored by skippytjc was moved last week from Other Current Events on ATS to the People forum on BTS. If Natalee Holloway isn't a 'current event' then what is? Why was this move necessary?

Peace

[edit on 9-7-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
The thread was another "lets legalize weed", no matter how you meant it to be. I saw nothing else bu the legalization of weed in that thread. Not once did I see anyone yell, "Free Jim Trafficante!".

Look, the board is set up the way it is set up, period. That thread was not a current events thread, therefore, it did not fit there. That is as simple as it gets. Do you know how many people try and violate the forum rules so they can get their thread some view-time? Just because you want it to be seen doesn't mean you can violate, man!
Look, I feel your pain, especially in reference to the little old lady whose door was kicked in by the federal knuckle-draggers because she grew her own and used her own for pain, but our rules are the rules, and unlike the feds, we try to stick to ours and not twist them!

By the way, just who are you calling "noone", as I'd just finished reading that thread before clicking onto this one?!? If you want me, I'll be plundering around over at PTS. See ya.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I think this is all unseemly. I had hoped that the Council formation would stop the practice of members mis-using the Board Business forum to gripe. I had hoped that with the Council in place these type threads would quickly - with no hesitation - be moved to a hidden complaint forum where the Councillors would take on the member's concern.

I had hoped.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
the Natalee Holloway thread

Hrm... who's Natalee Holloway?

Is this the missing girl in Aruba? I'm not even sure why it's national news, much less needing to be on ATS. -pft-

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Hrm... who's Natalee Holloway?

Is this the missing girl in Aruba? I'm not even sure why it's national news, much less needing to be on ATS. -pft-

No SO, she was the runaway bride.

Your answer speaks volumes.

Peace

[edit on 9-7-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Spliff, you'd be surprised who goes to PTS.

In fact, I would suggest that nearly all UK ATS'ers go there (including me and I like the Weed!!), as I have seen them about, so thats a start!

Don't let it get you down, if it hasn't been seen it might be because people tend to check the newest posts section (I know I do) to keep up with current topics.

Why not bump your thread with a reply from yourself adding to the discussion?

I know I would get involved in it, but unfortunately I haven't had the time today to read it all (at work
) but would definately give it a look in the coming days (I will be on nights, so it will be nice and quiet)

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
You're answer speaks volumes.

Nah... it speaks sarcasm.

And uh... so... why should the runaway bride be an ATS topic? (much less national news)

-sheesh-

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join