It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New human looking robot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 05:43 AM
link   
The new robot called Repliee Q1 was revealed at the 2005 world expo. The robot looks very human and has breathing movements too. It can also mimic human motion. The experts say in the future we may not be able to tell whether some people are human or robots! Its bladerunner!!!

Source: New robot looks strikingly human

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 05:55 AM
link   
go here for a vid
download mpg

what do they always say, "if they are showing us this, what are they working on behind the scenes"

good find

also just found this vid
streaming asf

[edit on 9-7-2005 by andy1033]

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I dont even need to say the ultimate question.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Holy Crikes!

That's awesome. A bit freaky...but really awesome. Thanks for sharing!

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 06:22 AM
link   
yep it reminds me a bit of star trek next generation, when data(android) was on trial to see if he had the rights of a human.

[edit on 9-7-2005 by andy1033]

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I'll tell ya what.... there'd be a HUGE market for these real life-looking robots if they came with love openings!

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Rasputin: You beat me to the punch. God, why is that the first thing I think of when I see a lifelike robot.....CAN YOU HAVE SEX WITH IT!!!!!! I am demented.

But REAL DOLLS get what $5000.00 a copy(I act like I haven't checked prices). Jeesh, how much would this thing go for. I would take a Darryl Hannah model, even if she had on the funky blue eyeshadow. I'd hit it like Saddam's Bunker!

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
I'll tell ya what.... there'd be a HUGE market for these real life-looking robots if they came with love openings!

yep, but seriously if you watch the vids(if real), they are quite a bit from blade runner at the mo, with all the equipment on the outside, but we do not know what these companies have behind the scenes

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   
hmmm, i don't know, his hair kinda looks like a wig!
lol, as for the "openings", i doubt it, but Sport Kensington seems like the right person to point you in the direction of the nearest alternative!

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Yeah, I tried going the Russian bride route, but the last one I had escaped from her cage in my basement! That's why I want to go robotic this time. They have no will-power and don't back talk! Plus they can be programmed to cook and clean, and you don't have to cuddle with them after sex or have their parents over for the Holidays! The only thing you need to worry about with a robo-wife is her cheating on you with the DVD player or the coffee maker!!

***The Russian Bride comment was a JOKE! I don't need the FEDS knocking on my door and asking to see my basement! lol***

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   
well she is kinda hot

does anyone have her number?

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by swordsaint
does anyone have her number?

Of course. You can join the robot partyline by calling:

100111000101011100001101011100011001011010101000011000110001010 and so forth

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   
man I can't wait for the sexbots :0

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Now really were discussing sex with computers??? This board is at an all time low! In another thread they were discussing gay sex with aliens!?! I mean JEEZE!! I cant believe i got a warn............i mean me..........
I can't believe purityofpeace posted on my thread! What an honor!

[edit on 9/7/05 by Atomix]

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Already discussed several months ago, I'm afraid (hint to folks reporting news... check the date on your "find." Most of this gets covered within a day or two of it hitting the news sites)

Please add your comments to the original thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join