It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London Bus Driver Vows To Carry On (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 04:14 AM
link   
The driver of the London bus which was destroyed by a terrorist attack last night said he vowed to get back to work as soon as possible. George Psaradakis said he was in great shock but relieved to be here after an explosion on his bus in Tavistock Square killed at least thirteen people. Other London bus drivers have also pledged that they would not be cowed by terrorists. Mr Psaradakis said that he was pleased that so many people are still using the bus service, despite what has happened.

www.yorkshiretoday.co.uk
Mr Psaradakis, who has worked for Stagecoach for nearly three years and returned home in his bloodied uniform, added: "I have been very lucky. I am just relieved to be here and to be able to see my wife and children. Many other people have not been so fortunate. I feel for the people who have perished and for their families.

"We are going to continue our normal lives. We are not going to be intimidated."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

After watching the news for hours on end on the day of the attack I have realized what a strong society we live in. Everyone is determined to carry on with there lives and show that we cannot be broken down. The fear of traveling on buses or trains could cause many people distress and an emotional journey every time they have to travel, but now hopefully with the determination and courage of such London bus drivers as Mr Psaradakis we can attempt to put this act of terrorism behind us and not let it ruin our everyday lives.

Related News Links:
www.yorkshiretoday.co.uk
www.cnn.com
news.bbc.co.uk
www.indiadaily.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.atsnn.com...
The London Bombing: Why did British Gov Fail to Warn the Poeple?
London's Burning - The Conspiracy Thread
www.atsnn.com...

[edit on 9-7-2005 by phixion]

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Good for him. Glad to see that they didn't intimidate him.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I think that this bombing has shown what a strong nation we really are, everyone was so calm. What I fear though is that with all this 'macho man' persona everyone has adopted it will peev the terrorists off and they will do something even worse. I dearly hope that will never happen, but soemthing doesnt feel right.

Oh, and does anyone know if theres one of those little banners you can put on your avatar , for the bombings- like the one that was made for the tsunamai?

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Indeed but I feel that "'macho man' persona" is the wrong way of putting it. We are truely a nation of pride and I am certian this will not bring us down.

We are not acting like 'macho men', just getting on with our lives.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 05:15 AM
link   

it will peev the terrorists off and they will do something even worse

And if that does..... again we will get through, Geeze the uk hae suffered over many years and each time we get right back to normal,
heck its in our blood, If London could get back to noramal after the Blitz!

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 05:17 AM
link   
We need to peeve them off, and make them do something stupid and nail them. Our two countries will get through anything they can throw at us, and stay as close as ever. Let's piss them off in a big way, and go about our lives just as before, and not let them change anything.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I wouldnt say its a "macho man" mentality, its more like the famous stoic British stiff upper lip. We dont over react in times of severe adversity, we just get on with it.

But what I have noticed is that from Sir Ian Blair through to the Queen, we have heard that these bombings "will not change our way of life". Which is a complete falsity. Terrorism has completely changed our way of life over here. Control orders and, the soon to be rammed through, ID cards are a major paradigm shift in our "way of life". A paradigm shift we never felt the need for when the IRA was bombing us to pieces, or when Goering and Hitler where avenging the bombing of Berlin.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Maybe Ian Blaire and the Queen mean that it will not change our everyday doings. We we still get up at 7AM, we will still get on the bus at 7:30AM, we will still get on the train to work at 7:45AM etc etc. People arn't going to become housebound because of the fear of terrorism.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Stiff upper lip, thats what I meant!! Couldnt find the right phrase.

We will stay strong through whatever thy throw at us, and when we find them, its gonna involve a camel and some handcuffs.

new topics

top topics

join