It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Qaeda 7/7 message

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I posted this in another thread, but I thought it might be a good idea to start a seperate one so the authenticity of the message and such could be discussed without deviating away from the main topic in the other thread.
I hope this is OK!

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Well it would be nice if I could read Arabic.

Hmmm Ogrish.com.. naughty naughty.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Sorry I've blacked out the website reference, I didn't notice it and it's not allowed on here is it?

I know it's probably not exactly the most credible of sources but it's the only one I could find..

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Scotland Yard said earlier today that there are already two groups claiming this event.

The Turkish Bombing had 14 variant groups claiming title to the devastation.

This is a tedious task. A opportuinty of fluffing up making yourself out to be larger then you are. The British have one of the largest security camera networks in the world.

Give it time. I bet they come up with some good leads in short order.

Peace

[edit on 9-7-2005 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
I know it's probably not exactly the most credible of sources but it's the only one I could find..

It's also posted here.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 03:26 AM
link   
mmm... interesting the message also threatens Italy and Denmark

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 05:30 AM
link   
How do you all know what it says? I don't know arabic. Can someone translate it for me?

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
How do you all know what it says? I don't know arabic. Can someone translate it for me?

Translation posted here.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 06:00 AM
link   
here is the "translation" (although an independent (ATS?) translation would be good)

In the name of God, the merciful, the compassionate, may peace be upon the cheerful one and undaunted fighter, Prophet Muhammad, God's peace be upon him.

Nation of Islam and Arab nation: Rejoice for it is time to take revenge against the British Zionist Crusader government in retaliation for the massacres Britain is committing in Iraq and Afghanistan . The heroic mujahideen have carried out a blessed raid in London . Britain is now burning with fear, terror and panic in its northern, southern, eastern, and western quarters.

We have repeatedly warned the British Government and people. We have fulfilled our promise and carried out our blessed military raid in Britain after our mujahideen exerted strenuous efforts over a long period of time to ensure the success of the raid.

We continue to warn the governments of Denmark and Italy and all the Crusader governments that they will be punished in the same way if they do not withdraw their troops from Iraq and Afghanistan . He who warns is excused. God says: "You who believe: If ye will aid (the cause of) Allah, He will aid you, and plant your feet firmly."

No actual claim of responsibility mind you...just praise for the attacks... misdirection?

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 06:27 AM
link   
This is a matter where all these groups are crying out "I am Spartacus".
The best way to catch these people is to collect all the cctv footage, there must be some footage.
I just to point out, that I can sort of read Arabic but not very well.
However the people who are claiming responsibility on the internet can't even write properly, the grammar is completely wrong.
All Arabic channels are saying that.
How do we know its not a prank, or some children with alot of free time.

[edit on 9-7-2005 by colin_hal]

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by colin_hal
However the people who are claiming responsibility on the internet can't even write properly, the grammar is completely wrong.

This is a very interesting revelation, colin_hal. I wonder if we can get some links supporting this angle. It would be very nice indeed if we could debunk all red herrings before they get carved into stone.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 07:48 AM
link   
In reading Al Jazeera, and interesting point was brought up about
the Al qaeda phenom.

english.aljazeera.net...

Go down to the part called Bungled Attempt

"All one has to do to form an al-Qaida cell is to get together with a group of like-minded individuals and say 'We are going to start an al-Qaida cell.' ... If one is prepared to carry out an attack in the name of al-Qaida, one becomes an al-Qaida
operative."

Never really thought about it like that. Al Qaeda could be made as large and as veiled as it wants with no central core..

I dont like it anymore then anyone else, but what can one do?

Peace

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

This is a very interesting revelation, colin_hal. I wonder if we can get some
links supporting this angle. It would be very nice indeed if we could debunk all red herrings before they get carved into stone.

Well I found these two articles rather interesting.
msnbc.msn.com...
msnbc.msn.com...

Take care of yourselves and stay safe!

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
here is the "translation" (although an independent (ATS?) translation would be good)

Well I speak arabic, and I find the translation "faithful" to the original message

This is a matter where all these groups are crying out "I am Spartacus".
The best way to catch these people is to collect all the cctv footage, there must be some footage.
I just to point out, that I can sort of read Arabic but not very well.

Well this Arabic is way too formal, very far from the spoken Arabic. But this has always been the case with Islamists in every statement they made

new topics

top topics

join