It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quantum universal mind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 01:49 AM
link   
In quantum mechanics the issue of a "universal mind" springs up because of the constant need for an "observer" in many of the physics. Do you believe in the idea that the universe indeed has a "universal mind" or do you think that there is no such thing? I believe in the "universal mind" or "diety" idea becuase it would cast a much more hopeful view of life and may ultimately point to a creator or supreme God. Also quantum mechanics involves many interesting and totally bizarre phenomenons which greatly excite my interest in disucssing it.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
first off -- a quote.
Frank Herbert from 'The Children of Dune':
"You can discover the future in the past or in your own imagination. Doing this, you win back your consciousness in your inner being. You know then that the universe is a coherent whole and you are indivisible from it."

If you say that you believe in a "universal mind" then you would be the god/creator [universal mind] that you are speaking of...we would all be the same being fabricating this "life" that we are "living".

I read somewhere while researching this that there are no new thoughts and that all thoughts that we perceive as new thoughts are just bits of information being accessed or passed on from our universal mind.

What i cannot grasp when i try to think of this theory in action is why the heck do we create life for ourselves in this manner? Why humans and such?

I really enjoy the universal mind idea. here are some links i have bookmarked from my research. just peoples writings etc.
the universal mind an essay
String Theory, Universal Mind, and the Paranormal
www.sacred-texts.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Also some ideas on the universal mind...

Have you ever had something happen to you that seems like it was an inside joke to yourself...Sometimes i think that that is my universal mind playing a trick on myself...
--
thinking back to my young childhood days (im 28 now)... i was about 5-7 years old and i came upon a book with the giant letters E.S.P written on it. Now because of my love for the paranormal this is a very alarming coincidence. I dont remember if i read the book but the memory is clearer than most of my childhood memories. I wonder if we put that there for fun.

--
I notice that when i start thinking about things they become more relevant in my reality. people texting or calling when i think about them. movies or tv shows, songs on the radio or tv when i think about them. people talking about something that i recently thought about or talked about etc.... this happens to everyone. why?
--
So if we are a universal mind creating this whole reality, i wonder if we even have a physical form. I wonder if we are creating this "reality" to test information or learn information.... or if we are just alone and this makes us feel like something.
--
it was cool being a dinosaur. wasnt it?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
duplicate post. please remove

edit on 19-4-2011 by rudeboyrave because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join