It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China’s new stealth concept, JXX=FA22 Raptor on steroids.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 01:06 AM
link   
CHINA REVEALS NEW STEALTH FIGHTER PROJECT

China is developing a new stealthy fighter jet aircraft and many of the design concepts and components have already been created, senior sources from the China Aviation Industry Corp I (AVIC I) have told Jane’s Defence Weekly. This new aircraft is the first Eastern rival to the West’s F/A-22 Raptor and F-35 Joint Strike Fighter to be put into development, claim Chinese officials.

P.S. I saw a pic of this plane before and it does look like a Raptor on steroids with a few dumb designs added on.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Pictures of the FINAL GOVT. APPROVED model(s) would be nice...
There are sooo many "talented" chinese CG artists online that the pictures just flood the net

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
A rival for the F/A-22? Sorry don't mean to sound to egotistical but that statement is wrong. F-35 maybe but not the Raptor, ok as Daedalus3 said I would like to also see a picture or model.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   
JXX is not worth the hype right now. We know close to nothing about it. Why don't we wait 10 more years before talking about it again

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Taishyou, well said and put.
Absolutely brilliant deduction.
My hat's off to you, sir.

seekerof

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karl Toussaint
CHINA REVEALS NEW STEALTH FIGHTER PROJECT

JXX = concept

F-22 Raptor = REAL

So, the obvious question is, when China "catches up" to the F-22 by building this concept, what will the U.S. already be flying then?

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Man you guys are just in denial that China may have a plane that can kick the F-22's tail hard.

This is a reason they will never go to war with the US. Instead of having this advanced plane in some bunker in the middle of no were, they tell everyone. Better to keep stuff secret from your enemy.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
here are some pics

if the pics dont show click here there near the bottom of the page.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Its not denial it called waiting to have some facts and an actual plane before someone claims its a rival to the F/A-22. And I shouldn't be to quick to say its not as good as the raptor but until I am proven otherwise, well.

Also those pictures at the bottom of the page were the official models/pictures release? They look like someone with an imaging program had to much time on their hands.

[edit on 9-7-2005 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Those are lovely concept drawings and fan artist renditions.
The Western world has been knowing about this Chinese aircraft stealth project for quite sometime.
Nothing new here.

Past ATS topics regarding this program [some with pictures], designated as XXJ/J12/J13:
From 2002: "CHINESE AIR FORCE TOWARDS 2015"
From 2002: "China launches new stealth fighter project"
From 2004: "J-13 and XXJ!!!"
From 2005: "JXX Next-Generation Stealthy Fighter Aircraft"

As long as China has been supposedly working on this, interesting they have not built a working prototype yet, eh?
IMHO, China is approx. 10-20 years behind the US and a few Western nations, including the Russians who are themselves behind some years, when it comes to developing, building, and implementing stealth technologies and stealth aircraft.

And from this Chinese site, it is mentioned:

The overall performance of XXJ is thought to be superior to EF-2000 and Rafale (stealth & agility) but still inferior to F/A-22 (electronics & supercruise).

Chinese Military Aviation

seekerof

[edit on 10-7-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

So, the obvious question is, when China "catches up" to the F-22 by building this concept, what will the U.S. already be flying then?

what makes you think that the US is going have new planes up?

planes now days are built to last. better airframes and more room for upgrades. would they develop a whole new airframe or upgrade existing airframes that are already very good. i doubt in the next 20 years we could get to the level of sophistication needed to fly fighters with AI. right now it just feels like were re-inventing the wheel again. we need some new technology to advance and try not to re-invent the same tech over and over again.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I'm not soo sure the chinese have that stealth plane project up as yet either!!
SLated for trials in 2006-7, we should've seen something by now aye?
Or are they keeping it under wraps??

Also I don't see the Indians publically too keen on actually commiting to the PAK-FA or other projects..
Maybe they're working with the Ruskies all secretly as well?..

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoldEagle
Man you guys are just in denial that China may have a plane that can kick the F-22's tail hard.

This is a reason they will never go to war with the US. Instead of having this advanced plane in some bunker in the middle of no were, they tell everyone. Better to keep stuff secret from your enemy.

The majority of China's military is 20-30 years behind America's. How could they possibly come up with an equal to the F/A-22?! This JXX probably wouldn't even enter service till 2015-2020.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 02:31 AM
link   
2015-2020 is a good time frame. if america retires the F-22 at 2040 or something like that. like i said before aircraft now days are built to last

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Something called the Black Projects, you never show all your cards at one time.
Besides take the F-15 that came out in the 70’s and compare it with the F-15 of today, with that said I’m looking forward to the D and E versions of the Raptor.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

Something called the Black Projects, you never show all your cards at one time.
Besides take the F-15 that came out in the 70’s and compare it with the F-15 of today, with that said I’m looking forward to the D and E versions of the Raptor.

yeah the famous black projects. blah blah blah dont know anything about them.. also a lot of countries might have black projects. china might have a black project or their own skunk works... no-ones know so you cant refer to them.

anyhow i already said that. when the chinese J-xx comes out their will probaly be a a newer version of the raptor because of how long future aircraft are going to serve for

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Countrys copy eachother thats just the way things go, I mean theres the South Korean Mini Abrams and the T-90 uses the same 120mm gun as the German Leopard tank..

It just happens, and unless Im heavily mistaken. The US ballistic missile program was started when they created V2 clones, and I believe that NASA was manned by ex-nazi scientists who created the "Vengeance" weapons. So no country is innocent of copying anothers technology, its just a factor in the world.

[edit on 10-7-2005 by jonesey_dude]

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite

yeah the famous black projects. blah blah blah dont know anything about them.. also a lot of countries might have black projects. china might have a black project or their own skunk works... no-ones know so you cant refer to them.

anyhow i already said that. when the chinese J-xx comes out their will probaly be a a newer version of the raptor because of how long future aircraft are going to serve for

Though I agree with you in principle, one must remember that up till now only the US has been able to actually deliver in the "black project" dept...

F117- 1983 etc. etc..

When China/Russia or even India produce something out of the blue then one can put some fatih in their black projects..

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonesey_dude
Countrys copy eachother thats just the way things go, I mean theres the South Korean Mini Abrams and the T-90 uses the same 120mm gun as the German Leopard tank..

It just happens, and unless Im heavily mistaken. The US ballistic missile program was started when they created V2 clones, and I believe that NASA was manned by ex-nazi scientists who created the "Vengeance" weapons. So no country is innocent of copying anothers technology, its just a factor in the world.

[edit on 10-7-2005 by jonesey_dude]

No, the German scientists worked for the US army. The GERMAN, not Nazi, scientists also worked heavily off of principles laid out by Robert Goddard. After World War Two, American scientists worked with the Germans on captured, not reporduced, v2's to gather data in helping to make concepts of their own, such as Minuteman and the Jupiter series. The difference here is the US captures designs and applies them to its own series, rather than simply copying the entire system ala China and almost every Sukhoi/
Mig system.

Also the whole Stealthy plane thing is a broad area, and the rcs of this new plane whie could be smaller than that of a regular fighter could be massive compared with the F-22.

I think China should be more afraid of Islamic Terrorists than the US, evne they are not immune.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite

Of course you don't know anything about them, thats the point

What you DO need to know is that the US has, for decades now, operated airframes IN ACTIVE DUTY covertly.

The SR-71 is an example.
The F-117 is another.

The fact is, the best stuff the US has the public does not know about. You can count on the fact that the US will have a new airframe out around 2020. My guess is it will most likely be unmanned.

BTW, you are absolutely correct that the Raptor will still be in service 25 or 30 years from now, but as WP said, it will have been updated accordingly.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join